Database Upgrade

Started by lady_l, April 13, 2008, 10:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady_l

Our Web hosting company, IX Web, physically moved to another state. We were down for several days. They finally got my forum back up. Everything was OK.

Quite suddenly, without my having touched anything, when you enter the forum you get an error message. This is the message (below)

The forum still works but in order to navigate you need to use the "Jump to" scrollbar (at the lower rt of each thread on our skin, Juno) as the navigation bar and the home page don't work (just won't open and you get the error message).

I will gladly provide any other info you require to give me some idea what I should do.

L.

We are using SMF 1.1.4, along with Tiny Portal with a Coppermine gallery bridged to the forum. Everything works except one other gizmo, CPM Fetch which feeds images from the gallery to the left column of Tiny Portal. I mention this only because it might give someone a clue as to what is going on, and hope that this does not confuse the issue (I've taken up that particular issue with Coppermine since its their  stuff that isnt working).

"And we're vagabonds/we travel without seatbelts on/we live this close to death"

lady_l

I have indeed read some of the other posts on this topic, tried optimizing the tables and fixing any errors, using the Admin. control panel. My error message does not involve the same line as the other people (line 84 in my case).
"And we're vagabonds/we travel without seatbelts on/we live this close to death"

Dragooon

Try re-uploading a fresh BoardIndex.php from a fresh SMF 1.1.4 install package.

Rumbaar

Can you post the lines of code on and around line 84, so we might take a look?  Or even attach the whole file.

When they moved did they move absolute paths on the new server, I'm sure Coppermine needs certain path settings and it might be causing the issue due to changed paths.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

lady_l

Hi everyone,

I needed to do this fast, so I paid someone to help me. But I did want to thank you all for your interest.

L. :)

Advertisement: