Started by Bulakbol, February 18, 2008, 10:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draffi

i have a question about this posting:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=223656.msg3350732#msg3350732
(edits for SMF 2.0.2)

I need to install the Mod first and follow with the installation, including i have errors AND then i will do the edits from this post?

Adrek

Quote from: Draffi on May 28, 2013, 05:03:13 PM
I need to install the Mod first and follow with the installation, including i have errors AND then i will do the edits from this post?
Don't install package, just make this edits in files.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Biology Forums

Thanks for the great mod... I successfully installed it so that it only works in the message index. Didn't want to call out all those queries if I don't plan on using it for the main board index. ;)

Ventic

Working on 2.0.5,according to #468 reply

Thanks

MechSpecs

I tested Ventic's post above and received several errors during an installation attempt.

With the author gone for several years I think SimpleMachines should allow people who have it working on 2.0.7 (or maybe even earlier) to repack the mod and allow it to go out for distribution. This is a mod that looks like is pretty popular and is a lot of work for non-coders like myself to get a grasp on. I have looked at the instructions in post #468 and I can pretty much follow along except for the query stuff... How do I do this with MyPHPAdmin?

Suki

We don't have any power to do such thing, the mod author owns his/her own code and all rights associated with it, including (re) distribution.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

MechSpecs

Guess we will just have to wait for some author to recode it from scratch and make it available for current applications versus outdated ones. :(

Suki

It was on my to-do list, sadly, I have way too many things to take care of right now, I don't even have time to update my own mods :(
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

MechSpecs

Quote from: Suki on February 24, 2014, 12:06:23 PM
It was on my to-do list, sadly, I have way too many things to take care of right now, I don't even have time to update my own mods :(

I'm working on a cloning process! Don't worry, we will get more productivity out of you yet!!!!

For other coders who are reading this, there is a hint that maybe you could step up and take your chance to shine... or something.

Padre gremista

The autor of Mod will upgrade for compatible with 2.0.7 version?
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

Mr.Truckman

I modified to the version 2.0.7.

I think if someone wants to use it.

sample: http://www.xn--12cl9beo6cca1dl1hqc2p.com/forum/

Thanks mod creators: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=223656.msg1432226#msg1432226

margarett

I am sorry but I had to remove the file.

The MOD has no license, which means you can't modify and redistribute it.
If you wish to do so, please contact the MOD author and ask him for permission to take over.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

In regards to that, what if the author of a mod can't be contacted? Is there a method where a mod can be marked 'abandoned' or something similar and then be allowed to be taken over by someone?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Mr.Truckman

Quote from: margarett on March 12, 2014, 04:12:25 AM
I am sorry but I had to remove the file.

The MOD has no license, which means you can't modify and redistribute it.
If you wish to do so, please contact the MOD author and ask him for permission to take over.

:-[ :-[

margarett

Quote from: Nuttysman on March 12, 2014, 09:56:01 AM
In regards to that, what if the author of a mod can't be contacted? Is there a method where a mod can be marked 'abandoned' or something similar and then be allowed to be taken over by someone?
Not really, no... If we want to respect copyright, and we do.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Padre gremista

Quote from: Mr.Truckman on March 12, 2014, 03:22:41 AM
I modified to the version 2.0.7.

I think if someone wants to use it.

sample: http://www.xn--12cl9beo6cca1dl1hqc2p.com/forum/

Thanks mod creators: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=223656.msg1432226#msg1432226

You can send for me for MP, the file?

I am needing much this MOD.

Sabre™

Evening Margarett.
Before leaving SMF to pursue other things in life, JohnyB asked me if I'd like to take over any of his mods(can check my pm history), I had no time back then, I do now, and have a few more years knowledge to offer.
My question is, does our conversation hold enough weight to fulfil his wish?

Regards
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

margarett

It does. Check your PMs, and PM a quote of that to "SMF Customization Team" user.

It will be handled internally ;)

PS: great news, methinks ;)

Padre gremista

I installed the RCI 1 mod version, but, i am having some problems.

On some boards the image is showing right. But, on others, the avatar image is not showing.

View the erro in anex.

MechSpecs

This is great news indeed!! If the original author is allowing someone else to handle it then kudos to them for being about the people and not about the product!

I eagerly look forward to seeing if I can get a 2.0.7 version that will work with a stretched width Citiez theme!

Advertisement: