News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WantSome

Hello!

I need some help.  I want another membergroup (a staff membergroup) to be able to administrate the shop.  That is, I want them to be able to add items, restock items, etc...

How can I (preferably easily) do this?  Is it even do-able?

I just don't fancy being the only one to ever be able to do anything with the shop admin-wise.

Thanks!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WantSome

Thanks Kindred.

If you're talking about the membergroup permissions screen, then the membergroup I want to administrate the forum has every permission ticked.  All of them (there are 106, apparently).  I can't see one in particular that allows them to *administrate* the shop, only view and use the shop.

And although they have all the permissions, they can't see the 'Shop Administration' button at all on the admin panel.  So, although they have all the permissions (unless there is another permissions area I've missed which is possible) they still can't administrate the shop (that is, restock items, add items, etc).

Any help?

Tobias22

Hey,

Just changed from PHPBB3, due to their failness and switched to SMF. Installed this mod and I am happy to say..it works perfectly. I'm just curious, is there a way I can get it to show what each member has for currency on their mini profile for each post they make? Like above their location or something?
[nofollow]
(Make your own reading bar) [nofollow]
Bruce-Industries Chat [nofollow]

AllanD

If I remember right check permissions, when I used this mod it showed in the minprofile.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Tobias22

Nah, I can't find it anywhere in the permissions, it works fine with everything else..Aside from the fact that we can't use Glow/shadow with it..Which annoys me greatly..since that's the only reason I installed it lol.
But it doesn't have an option to show on the mini profile..and I'm not sure why lol..It seems to be on everyone elses site working in the MP
[nofollow]
(Make your own reading bar) [nofollow]
Bruce-Industries Chat [nofollow]

iknowyou

Just wondering, does this mod use a lot of CPU resource?

Cheers

Kendrall

Quote from: WantSome on July 24, 2012, 02:53:20 PM
Thanks Kindred.

If you're talking about the membergroup permissions screen, then the membergroup I want to administrate the forum has every permission ticked.  All of them (there are 106, apparently).  I can't see one in particular that allows them to *administrate* the shop, only view and use the shop.

And although they have all the permissions, they can't see the 'Shop Administration' button at all on the admin panel.  So, although they have all the permissions (unless there is another permissions area I've missed which is possible) they still can't administrate the shop (that is, restock items, add items, etc).

Any help?

Agreed, there isn't a direct method to grant global moderators or maintenance-based profiles the ability to actively administer the SMF Shop.  I installed SMF Shop 3.2 on my test forum, and apparently if you want someone else to manage the shop for you, that person HAS to have FULL administrative privileges (i.e. they need to be an administrator).

hcfwesker

About other members managing the Shop ..

Strangely when looking over the edits, there is a shop_admin permission being called for in the shop section of the Admintemplate.php, but i dont see any edits for shop_admin being added to Permissions.php file.

This may could work ...

Sources/ManagePermissions.php

Find
'profile_remote_avatar',
'profile_remove_own',

// Begin SMFShop code
'shop_main',

Replace with
'profile_remote_avatar',
'profile_remove_own',

// Begin SMFShop code
'shop_main',
'shop_admin',

Find
'shop_trade' => array(false, 'shop', 'shop'),

add AFTER
'shop_admin' => array(false, 'shop', 'shop'),

Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php

Find
?>

Add ABOVE

$txt['permissionname_shop_admin'] = 'Administrate the Shop';

Haven't tested it since I use SA Shop on my forum witgh this feature already added.

Kendrall

Awesome.  I'll test the changes to the source code and will let you know my results.

Kendrall

It worked!   ;D  Now if I can just get that bloody Lottery Mod to play nicely...according to the programmer, it *should* work for SMF Shop 3.2, but I keep encountering the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in /home/.../public_html/.../Packages/temp/LotterySQL.php on line 17

Any ideas?   :-\

Kindred

are you running smf 1.1.x or smf 2.0.x?

I'm betting that the lottery mod is designed for 1.1.x and you are running 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kendrall

Quote from: Kindred on August 23, 2012, 10:04:34 AM
are you running smf 1.1.x or smf 2.0.x?

I'm betting that the lottery mod is designed for 1.1.x and you are running 2.0.x

SMF 2.0.2.   It's likely that the lottery mod is geared for 1.1.x, but I didn't see anything in the author's release notes about which version of SMF was supported.

Kindred

mods for 1.1.x will likely not work on 2.0.x because there was a change in the way db queries were formed...
(SMF changed its structure -- I believe that one reason was to prevent conflicts with other softwares which used the same statement, but different arguments.)
Слaва
Украинi

Kendrall

Quote from: Kindred on August 23, 2012, 10:24:02 AM
mods for 1.1.x will likely not work on 2.0.x because there was a change in the way db queries were formed...
(SMF changed its structure -- I believe that one reason was to prevent conflicts with other softwares which used the same statement, but different arguments.)

So much for using SMFShop, then.  I was hoping to really have a nice, complete package to test before putting it into production onto my friend's forum.  Unfortunately, my coding skills have really atrophied over the years, and the thought of having to tweak the code just to get the lottery mod to work is giving me a headache.  *sigh*

hcfwesker

From SMF Lotter modifcation topic. 

QuoteLast Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:23:08 PM by YamiKaitou »

Honestly doubt it was ever upgraded for smf2.  I believe it can still be made compatible with SMf1, but i remembered using this, and it just didnt appeal to members because of how it actually worked, there are other alternatives out there.

Kendrall

Quote from: hcfwesker on August 23, 2012, 05:10:26 PM
From SMF Lotter modifcation topic. 

QuoteLast Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:23:08 PM by YamiKaitou »

Honestly doubt it was ever upgraded for smf2.  I believe it can still be made compatible with SMf1, but i remembered using this, and it just didnt appeal to members because of how it actually worked, there are other alternatives out there.

I didn't see anything else out there, but I'll keep my eyes open.  I have a friend of mine looking into possibly re-writing the code for the lottery, but he and I are both thinking he'll have to write a script from scratch.  Otherwise, what would you suggest as a viable alternative, hcfwesker?

venex

Quote from: Groovystar on January 03, 2012, 01:49:15 PM
No, that error isn't coming up anymore but this is what people are saying:

http://warriorcatsrpg.com/the-help-den/bank-still-not-fixedworking-it-325555.msg8442167.html#new

"
Ok, now it's different. I tried withdrawing money like 20 or so times. And it still said i had a minus amount. So after 20 times of trying to withdraw I gave up. Yet I didn't know that I actually withdrawed more than I need. So after trying to withdraw 84034 like 20 or so times, I went to Shop home and what I saw blew away my mind. I was second place on "Riches Members Pocket" list. So that's like, under Wynn. I know, I cant achieve that in just 6 months of roleplaying, unless i'm awake day and night Rping. "

"I dont know if I should be happy about this or concerned. The bank is letting me enter more than I can. I had 84034 in the bank and entered 1804.56 in and it said I have somtheing around 91246
EDIT: Now I have -9009 or something like that in my "Pocket""

It's actually worse now, in a way--giving people a lot of points they don't have.

I did get this error:

"http://warriorcatsrpg.com/index.php?action=shop;do=bank2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (amount)
Function: require
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/warrior/public_html/Sources/shop/Shop-Bank.php
Line: 90 "

But a lot of people used the bank since this "fix." So I know something else is going on.
I'm having this issue and it has caused a lot of angry people on my site.

Any solution for this issue?

PS: So there's a new person taking care of this MOD now?

WantSome

Quote from: hcfwesker on August 22, 2012, 01:23:26 PM
About other members managing the Shop ..

Strangely when looking over the edits, there is a shop_admin permission being called for in the shop section of the Admintemplate.php, but i dont see any edits for shop_admin being added to Permissions.php file.

This may could work ...

Sorry for taking so long to feed back! 

Your code worked perfectly, thank you!  I'm very happy someone else can do all the hard work of administrating the shop now ;)

xanenightwing

Hi, I'm trying to add an "email admin" item to my shop and each field gets populated with "0" and therefore refuses to work. I looked on the hxxp:smfshop.com [nonactive] support area for a fix and found one that gives an SQL error.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'text" name="oldmcnick" />

New Nickname: (form field) File: /Sources/shop/ShopAdmin.php

The error, according to this message, is on line 560 of the shopadmin.php file. the line reads:
));

Thanks for the help

Advertisement: