News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxunit

Hi there,

I have some problems with the newest release.
If I download the zip file, the SMF 1.0 Final uploader tells me, that the file is invalid or corrupted...please someone post a link to the newest version.

Thanks

russ

Quote from: russ on January 09, 2005, 11:54:38 AM
How do you view other peoples inventories - ie one member seeing what sum1 else has bought?

for example add an extra variable to few a particular person?

http://www.myforum.com/smf/index.php?action=shop;do=inv;u=100 (100 being the member number for instance)

any progress on this? jus wondering as i havent heard from people in a while.

loveacrossborders

Does anyone have a WORKING model of SMFShop in action? I just want to see what it looks like.

The author of this mod's website unfortunately doesn't work any more.

Senkusha

I do, but I have it disabled until I see a feature enhancement added.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Alisha

Mine is up and running, www.DanceDanceKc.com 

Although, I do not have nor setting up a test account for now. 

So you will HAVE to register to use it, see it, play with it.

Daniel15

my website IS working, it's just i'm transferring it over to a new server... i should be done soon.

Quote from: loveacrossborders on January 12, 2005, 01:15:00 PM
Does anyone have a WORKING model of SMFShop in action? I just want to see what it looks like.

The author of this mod's website unfortunately doesn't work any more.

Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Alisha

I do want to report a possible BUG in the shop... When I purchased a change user name from the shop and used it, everything went smoothly.  Well all up until I went to go into Admin and it couldn't use my password. I logged out and tried to log BACK in with my new name and old password, and was DENIED.  I did the email password reset, and poof it all works now. 

Although, this could be normal but I never saw a warning about it, if this is normal, maybe a warning built into the item?  or a place to also Change the password for the account.

Thanks!

Daniel15

Quote from: Alisha on January 13, 2005, 09:30:36 PM
I do want to report a possible BUG in the shop... When I purchased a change user name from the shop and used it, everything went smoothly.  Well all up until I went to go into Admin and it couldn't use my password. I logged out and tried to log BACK in with my new name and old password, and was DENIED.  I did the email password reset, and poof it all works now. 

Although, this could be normal but I never saw a warning about it, if this is normal, maybe a warning built into the item?  or a place to also Change the password for the account.

Thanks!

i'm not sure what could be causing that bug... during my testing on my local machine, everything went OK, i'm still using the username i changed to on my local machine... i'll have a look though

--daniel15
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.

Alisha

I am using the NEW user name also.  It just that I had to reset the password for the account before I could log back into the forum or access the Admin section.  Maybe it was somthing on my Machine..

[Unknown]

Passwords are hashed with the username.  If you change the username, you have to also change the password.  See the profile.

-[Unknown]

Alisha

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 14, 2005, 05:13:09 AM
Passwords are hashed with the username. If you change the username, you have to also change the password. See the profile.

-[Unknown]

How can we fix this?

Justyne

it would be neat if it was possible to transfer funds from one user to another.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Alisha

Quote from: Justyne on January 14, 2005, 02:58:57 PM

I was wanting this also.  I was on a site a few months back that had IPB Shop that had tomato's to buy and throw at other members for bad posts or whatever. 

There was almost 3 pages of things to buy, sell and trade with other members. I think the webmaster of that site did 90% of that programing himself. I never seen these items in any other shop on a IPB forum.  The possible uses and effects of a shop are endless, and Daniel has done a great job on this so far.  Just will be time before it becomes what it could be.  Just think of what SMF could be if everyone here with an idea had the skill and time to code their ideas. 

The shop is my most anticipated MOD for my forums.  I have seen and used the potential of a shop before and its was the only one selling point to IPB that took my eyes off SMF after YABBSE stopped.  A shop gives the members some interaction in the forums other than message writting.  You can even develop game cards that members can collect, buy and trade based on your sites theme.

Anyway thanks Daniel, great work so far, can't wait to see where this goes. :)

Senkusha

YES!  I do hope that this becomes a reality.  It would be great to clobber members with a mallot!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Justyne

sounds assume.. my community would love it
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Daniel15

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 14, 2005, 05:13:09 AM
Passwords are hashed with the username.  If you change the username, you have to also change the password.  See the profile.

-[Unknown]
cool, i didn't know that, i assumed that it was just standard MD5 or something, like most boards...

that is coming in the next version, i've already written the code for it

please, remember this is basically a beta. The shop mods for Invision Board, etc. have been through 2-3 years of development, this has only gone through a couple of days of development... it's the great comments i get  from users that makes me want to develop this ;)

stay tuned for new updates

--daniel15

loveacrossborders

Hi Alisha,

Thanks for letting me take the mod for a test run. Nice site you have there :).

Hi Daniel,

Indeed, I agree with everyone else. This is one of the most interesting mods yet for SMF! I don't mean to even imply that I'm rushing you. I'm just curious when the next version (or 1.0) will be out? I might wait until either the next beta or the first stable version before actually installing it.

Daniel15

The new version is coming soon (within a couple of days).

NEW FEATURES:
* Send money to someone
* Bank (with interest)
* More items
* Various code changes

I think that this version is stable enough to be the 1.0 release...

--daniel15

loveacrossborders

_complex

Quote from: daniel15 on January 16, 2005, 12:03:22 AM
The new version is coming soon (within a couple of days).

NEW FEATURES:
* Send money to someone
* Bank (with interest)
* More items
* Various code changes

I think that this version is stable enough to be the 1.0 release...

--daniel15

Cool, this may be the verison i try out ;D

Advertisement: