News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFShop - Shop MOD

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 27, 2004, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razzy

Thankfully I managed to get help from the other thread. Thank you SO much for the response all the same. I'm going to be nerding out on customizing this for the next few days.

=)

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: razzy on August 17, 2017, 10:10:48 PM
Thankfully I managed to get help from the other thread. Thank you SO much for the response all the same. I'm going to be nerding out on customizing this for the next few days.

=)

No problem, say when you get all the settings configured the way you want, I have several custom made shop items that may interest you I'd happily share with any site owners who like to play with all that stuff, also a few that I came across a long time ago from elsewhere that still function great on the current version...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

razzy

It's funny you mention that. Mind if I pm?

Harvester

Quote from: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on August 17, 2017, 09:12:16 PM
Quote from: razzy on August 17, 2017, 07:34:07 PM
I have attempted to install this with SMF 2.0.14 with the Gearbox theme.
I ran into a couple errors and have been looking for some help. The forum I've put together is in bad need of this type of mod, can anyone help?

Been using this mod for quite some time and know it fairly well... be glad to help, what's up? What is the trouble specifically and please try to be as detailed as you can... maybe a link to your site?

Hi Bob. my issue is that I can not set which boards will award points and which will not. Currently ALL boards award points no matter what I do or what settings I change. I have some boards I do not want to award points. I have been trying to get help  with this issue for weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my site is located at https://fishinpedia.com/bass-fishing-forums/

inkvfd

I am using shop and classifieds on my 2.0.14 SMF site. They both use credits. Can I use one credit system for all?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

silber112

Hello!

I am trying to display one item next to in the amount of post in the display.template.php

It worked in smf 2.0.8. Dont know why it doesnt work now(2.0.14)..

would apriciate any kind of help :). Thanks ;)

vbgamer45

Don't use mysql_ functions instead use the the built query functions in SMF to do the work
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

silber112

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 20, 2017, 08:50:05 AM
Don't use mysql_ functions instead use the the built query functions in SMF to do the work

Could you help me?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dwev

I've tried to find the answer here, but the thread is very long and even with searches I couldn't find an answer.

I would like to try this mod, but when I try to install it though the Package Manager everything lists as "Succes", except for the installation on our theme (Test failed).

So the problem is related to the theme, I think probably the creating of a button.
I did register on http://smfshop.com/forum/ to see if I can find an answer there, but that seems to be completely overtaken by spammers.

Can anybody point me to how to find a solution for this problem?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Dwev on December 12, 2017, 10:26:57 AM
I've tried to find the answer here, but the thread is very long and even with searches I couldn't find an answer.

I would like to try this mod, but when I try to install it though the Package Manager everything lists as "Succes", except for the installation on our theme (Test failed).

So the problem is related to the theme, I think probably the creating of a button.
I did register on http://smfshop.com/forum/ to see if I can find an answer there, but that seems to be completely overtaken by spammers.

Can anybody point me to how to find a solution for this problem?

If there was a problem when installing in your theme it is possible not to find the line that you must edit, it usually happens, you simply must see the code to make the modification manually and you should not have problems ...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Dwev

Quote from: Rock Lee on December 12, 2017, 11:17:13 AMIf there was a problem when installing in your theme it is possible not to find the line that you must edit, it usually happens, you simply must see the code to make the modification manually and you should not have problems ...

If I knew how to find that line, that would work as well.

One of the options to find out which lines would be needed to be altered would be to install in one of the standard themes.
But the installer only lists our own theme as an option, so that doesn't work.

If it helps, I can put the files of the theme accessible online and post a link here...

vbgamer45

I look at the code it edits and compare it to the default theme then try to make edits to your own theme in similar location

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Dwev on December 12, 2017, 12:47:36 PM
Quote from: Rock Lee on December 12, 2017, 11:17:13 AMIf there was a problem when installing in your theme it is possible not to find the line that you must edit, it usually happens, you simply must see the code to make the modification manually and you should not have problems ...

If I knew how to find that line, that would work as well.

One of the options to find out which lines would be needed to be altered would be to install in one of the standard themes.
But the installer only lists our own theme as an option, so that doesn't work.

If it helps, I can put the files of the theme accessible online and post a link here...

For these cases I have a separate testing forum, install the mod and look for the line in the default theme then I guided a bit by the comments to approximate as much as possible ... with a few attempts to leave it as it should be. Then I see everything works without problems, I pass it to the active forum, it is to avoid problems to the users and others in case something goes wrong.

Regards!

Dwev

@ Rock Lee: good idea, and probably the only one that will work here.

By the way I did get it to 'see' the Core Theme before installation (had to be turned on as an option for users to choose), but that also returns the error "Test failed".
There the problem is the same, it won't install in /Themes/core/Display.template.php

I'll try on a compete fresh install, but I think it's weird that it won't install in this theme either (nothing was ever altered there).

Is there a way to find out what a modification does exactly before installing it?

-Rock Lee-

@Dwev what happens the theme core is different and usually always gives errors but as it is not taken into account at the time of installing some modification, it is more taken into account that the theme default is met. You can unzip the installer to see what the code does exactly, although seeing the note at the time of installation should suffice; I apologize if I express myself badly I do not dominate English at all yet and some sentences sound weird.

Regards!

Dwev

@ Rock Lee: thanks for the advice.

I checked the places that threw errors, copied what should be changed and did it by hand, and now the Shop works in the standard Core Theme!

Thank you very much, I'm pretty sure that I should be able to get it to work in our custom theme as well.

vbgamer45

Glad you have it working!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jack001

mine not working. Had to uninstall it.
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

Advertisement: