News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

New host - MODs not working...

Started by css_script_writer, May 14, 2008, 11:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

css_script_writer

Hi there

First of all, I'm using SMF v1.1.5 with the latest Oxygen theme. The new host has PHP v5.1.2 and MySQL v5.0.18 installed.

I recently moved to a new host and now none of the MODS I've installed are working. I've tried "repairs_settings.php", "reset all themes", manually editing various files and just about everything else I could think of and still none of the 8 or so MODS will work. I've also tried uninstalling them but I get that pink bar with the warning no matter which order I attempt to uninstall them in.

My MODs are for SMF v1.1.4 so I uninstalled the v1.1.5 upgrade first and still no luck. Since each MOD alters the code in various SMF files, I'm thinking that perhaps I'll need to download a fresh copy of SMF and completely overwrite ALL files which the MODS have altered and then start all over again.

Will this work or is there something else in particular I need to do?.

Curiously, I've also got two "Oxygen" entires in the theme selection drop-down menu but no "Default" one. The one "Oxygen" give me the real Oxygen. Selecting the other gives me the default SMF theme. There is no "Default" in my theme selection drop-down menu. I make my database backups using phpMyAdmin and I select EVERY option...is this correct?. Also, do the MODS themselves create extra database tables or change the database in any way?.

Sorry for all the questions, I hope someone can help me.

Thanks so much!...css_script_writer
Anxiety Zone Forums & Chat Rooms
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php

N3RVE

The Package Parser linked in my signature will parse the mod and show you manual uninstall instructions!

Remember to Check the "uninstall" box!
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

css_script_writer

Thanks but this tool does not address my problem. All it did was spit out pages of errors and complex hieroglyphics of PHP code (I don't know PHP) and this was just on an out-of-the-box MOD. My MODs worked on the other host. They don't work on the new one. Everything else works perfectly. Any other solution to this?.

Also, does anyone have an answer to the other questions in my original thread?.

Thanks, CSS
Anxiety Zone Forums & Chat Rooms
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php

N3RVE

Quote from: css_script_writer on May 14, 2008, 11:50:49 AM
Thanks but this tool does not address my problem. All it did was spit out pages of errors and complex hieroglyphics of PHP code

Probably 'cos You didn't do things right! The Package Parser works perfectly!

Can we have a link to our site?

Certain mods make changes to the database,!
The fact that You have transferred all files to new host, I don't see a reason why it should not work!

Let's do this!
Confirm that the mods You use didn't make db changes; a list should help!

If none did, delete forum files, upload new SMF files, run the installer and use the same database, username/ password combination and prefix used during the initial install!
You will get a Forum refreshed message, at this point- You should install the mods!

Regards
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Sarge

You can try uploading SMF 1.1.5 files to a test directory on the server (either inside or outside of your main forum directory) and set it up there. After installing SMF for your test forum, see if mods can be installed and work there.

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Advertisement: