[BETA PLUS] WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor for Post and Private Message New Technique

Started by eCardMax.com, December 28, 2004, 03:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramón Cutanda

Updated 10/06/07:

Based on the info published on this post I have created a mod to install hoteditor 4.2 on SMF 1.1.2

Before you install the mod you need to unpack the following file in your board directory:

http://www.ecardmax.com/ehelpmax/resource/download/f390f754/hoteditor_smf_mod.zip

This will make your SMF installation looks like this:

attachments
Packages
richedit
Smileys
Sources
Themes
agreement.txt
changelog.txt
hoteditor_quickedit.html
index.php

After that you can proceed with the mod installation, which you can download here:

http://www.colegiodelaesperanza.com/descargas/varios/smf/hoteditor.4.2_smf.1.1.2.zip

Install it as any other mod using the package manager

IMPORTANT: If you have any previous version, UNINSTALL IT FIRST!!!

Please, take note that this mod works with SMF 1.1.2 ONLY and that it will NOT work on any other version

For further support, please, use the thread previously mentioned as it will probably contain more updated info:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149241.0

Best regards

navjotjsingh

Thanks for taking the intiative! I would also somebody to please fix this limitation. Otherwise the mod works fine on SMF 1.1.1

Thanks videoed! Thanks a ton.

dstasie

dstasie

En apariencia funciona perfecto, pero cuando trato de postear el mensaje, me da este mensaje de error:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

Ramón Cutanda

Quote from: dstasie on February 05, 2007, 10:39:43 AM
En apariencia funciona perfecto, pero cuando trato de postear el mensaje, me da este mensaje de error:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

[ English below ]

Este foro de soporte está en inglés y creo que lo correcto sería escribir en inglés. Sin duda resultará muy incómodo para lectores ingleses (a los que va destinado este foro), tener que leer partes en otro idioma que no comprenden.

Es de perogrullo pero... ¿has probado a escribir ALGO en el mensaje o lo has dejado en blanco para hacer pruebas? He probado el mod en varias instalaciones y me ha funcionado correctamente. Asegúrate de contar con todos los archivos necesarios de Hoteditor:

http://www.colegiodelaesperanza.com/descargas/varios/smf/richedit.zip

... y de haberlos descomprimido en el directorio donde tengas el foro SMF. No olvides incluir el archivo getvars.php

Por favor, si necesitas más soporte en español publica en mensaje en el foro correspondiente:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=16.0

Gracias por colaborar a mantener el orden

This is an English support board and think the sensible thing to do is writing in English. It will certanly be very unpleasant for English readers, to whom this board is addressed to, having to read parts of it in a language they cannot understand

It's quite obvious but... have you actually tried to write ANYTHING in the text box or have you left it blank while you were testint? I have tried the mod in serveral clean SMF boards and I have always made it work. Check you have unzipped all necessary files inside your SMF directory:

http://www.colegiodelaesperanza.com/descargas/varios/smf/richedit.zip

Don't forget the file getvars.php

Should you need more Spanish support, please, use the appropiate board:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=16.0

Thanks for helping have things in order

dstasie

I not think that your to take to bad, but I ask for excuses. Sincerely, sorry to all.
I don´t speak english.

*    Please, post this topic in the Spanish Board, because we all do not speak English.  ;)

**  You are a moderator or member of the SMF team?

*** What I originate my error was that its domain colegiodelaesperanza.com [nofollow] is Spanish

QuoteIt's quite obvious but... have you actually tried to write ANYTHING in the text box or have you left it blank while you were testint? I have tried the mod in serveral clean SMF boards and I have always made it work. Check you have unzipped all necessary files inside your SMF directory:

Obvious I have fulfilled all these steps before asking for aid. You do not worry, I will fix it.

Ramón Cutanda

[ English below ]

Quote from: dstasie on February 08, 2007, 12:31:13 AM
I not think that your to take to bad, but I ask for excuses. Sincerely, sorry to all.
I don´t speak english.

*    Please, post this topic in the Spanish Board, because we all do not speak English.  ;)

En realidad supongo que la culpa es mía por no haber abierto un hilo en español, algo que he tratado de subsanar esta tarde:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149078.0

Por favor, recomiendo usar ese hilo para tratar este tema en español

Quote**  You are a moderator or member of the SMF team?

Pues no... no modero nada aquí, pero sí que modero otras páginas web y me resulta muy fácil (demasiado, quizás) ponerme en la postura de los moderadores de este foro. Quizás he desarrollado una sensibilidad "extrema" por el orden en los foros pero, créeme, es MUY fácil que los hilos se salgan de tema y degeneran entorpeciendo la lectura y haciendo que los usuarios se sientan incómodos. Por eso siempre intento hacer en otros foros lo que me gustaría que se hiciera en los míos. Disculpa si he actuado con autoritarismo como si yo "pintara" algo aquí

Quote*** What I originate my error was that its domain colegiodelaesperanza.com is Spanish

Es comprensible y, de nuevo, lamento la confusión que haya podido crear. Me remito nuevamente al enlace en español que puse más arriba

QuoteObvious I have fulfilled all these steps before asking for aid. You do not worry, I will fix it.

Tuve ese error en diferentes fases de prueba y, sinceramente, ya no recuerdo a qué puede deberse, aunque me aseguré repetidas veces de que todo funcionara bien en diversas instalaciones antes de publicar el mod. Si pudiera acceder a tu foro y probar el mod quizás me suene algo y pueda ayudarte. Te recuerdo que, si vas a preguntar en español, agradecería que lo hicieras en el hilo antes citado (qué pesado estoy... uff....) No obstante te adelanto que si usas temas personalizados es muy probable que aparezcan esos errores. Este mod es bastante propenso a fallos con temas personalizados. Prueba con el tema por defecto de la instalación y asegúrate que usas la versión 1.1.1

Lamento cualquier confusión o pérdida de tiempo que te hayan causado mis mensajes. Espero que puedas solucionar tus problemas y que el mod pueda, finalmente, serte de ayuda.

Quote from: dstasie on February 08, 2007, 12:31:13 AM
I don´t speak english.

I guess it has been my fault for not having published anything in the Spanish support board. I've tried to fix it publishing this thread this very afternoon:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149078.0

Please, I encourage you to use that other thread instead of this one for any Spanish support request.

Quote**  You are a moderator or member of the SMF team?

No... I do not moderate anything in this board but I moderate my own boards and I know from my own experience how easily off-topics and disorder may grow in a thread making it difficult and annoying for other readers to follow the thread. That's why I always behave in other boards just in the way I would like other people to behave in mine. I beg your pardon for showing some "authoritarianism", like if I had to do anything in this board

Quote*** What I originate my error was that its domain colegiodelaesperanza.com is Spanish

It's quite an understandable mistake and, again, I apologize for the nuisance. Again, I encourage you to visit the Spanish thread link previously mentioned

QuoteObvious I have fulfilled all these steps before asking for aid. You do not worry, I will fix it.

I got the error you described while I was developing the mod although I double checked it did not appear in the final version. Perhaps if I could visit your board and have a glance at it I could think of something. I remind you that any question should be published in the Spanish thread (uff... I'm starting to annoy with that...) Nevertheless I warn you that this mod is quite "sensitive" to custom themes. It's been designed to work together with the default theme. You will probably get different mistakes when using anything but the default theme so, I would recomend you to test the mod with the default SMF 1.1.1 theme.

I regret any possible confusion or waste of time due to my previous messages. I really hope you can find your way accross and find something useful in the mod.

Best regards

eCardMax.com

Hello guys!

Thank you for supporting this MOD. I just released the NEW WYSIWYG MOD for SMF 1.1.1 . This MOD used new technique to control the HTML post. It's more secure and won't increase your database size like the previous MOD that I made.

So, please check it out here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149241.0

Thanks  
www.eCardMAX.com [nofollow]
E-cards are a fun and interactive way
to entice repeat visitors to a site,
Visit us for more in detail  :)

MY MOD:
Time to add WYSIWYG Editor to your SMF forum

Ramón Cutanda

cristek

Hi to everybody, how can I Add a button to the editor to make work my Hide Mod.?

Saludos a todos, como puedo agregar un boton para hacer funcionar el bbcode HIDE??

Is there possible??

es posible??

Thanks and sorry for my poor english.

Gracias y disulpas por mi ingles.

Nostalgic

I really like this mod but as mentioned above it only works in the "SMF Default Theme" and not the "Classic YaBB SE Theme" which I use. Otherwise you get the The message body was left empty error message.

Also would it be possible to have English Tooltips when the mouse is held over the buttons?

Cheers

Ramón Cutanda

Quote from: Nostalgic on February 20, 2007, 01:03:17 PMAlso would it be possible to have English Tooltips when the mouse is held over the buttons?

Of course... my mistake... I've updated the files. Now the tooltips are in English and not Spanish (my mothertongue... sorry...)

http://www.colegiodelaesperanza.com/descargas/varios/smf/hoteditor_files_for_SMF.1.1.2.zip

I really like this mod but as mentioned above it only works in the "SMF Default Theme" and not the "Classic YaBB SE Theme" which I use. Otherwise you get the The message body was left empty error message.

For those cases I just suggest reading the Hoteditor_Mod_SMF.txt file you will find inside the previous link and follow the instructions to change your theme files by hand

Nostalgic

Thanks for the quick response!  :D

I ended up simply editing the editor.js file with the details found here: hxxp:www.ecardmax.com/smf_111/richedit/editor.js [nonactive]

QuoteFor those cases I just suggest reading the Hoteditor_Mod_SMF.txt file you will find inside the previous link and follow the instructions to change your theme files by hand

Thanks, I'll see if i can get my head around it.

NetGuy

Quote from: videoed on January 25, 2007, 02:27:08 PM
Updated 14/02/07:

Based on the info published on this post I have created a mod to install hoteditor on SMF 1.1.2

Before you install the mod you need to unpack the following file in your board directory:

http://www.colegiodelaesperanza.com/descargas/varios/smf/hoteditor_files_for_SMF.1.1.2.zip

This will make your SMF installation looks like this:

attachments
Packages
richedit
Smileys
Sources
Themes
agreement.txt
changelog.txt
set_default_editor.php
index.php

After that you can proceed with the mod installation, which you can download here:

http://www.colegiodelaesperanza.com/descargas/varios/smf/hoteditor_smf.1.1.2.tar.gz

Install it as any other mod using the package manager

Please, take note that this mod works with SMF 1.1.2 ONLY and that it will NOT work on any other version

For further support, please, use the thread previously mentioned as it will probably contain more updated info:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149241.0

Best regards

GREAT MOD; THANX

TrueSatan

Unfortunately the code produces an awful lot of error log postings when run under php5.2.1...undefined this that and every other you could think of.

It looks to be a very promising system but given that php5.2.1 is bound to be standard on more and more hosting plans would it be possible, please, to accomodate it in the code?

BTW I can detail the errors if you so wish but it would be a very lengthy list.

Wal-Mart Security

I get a template parse error on post.template.php when I install this mod.  I had to install some files by hand(display.template.php style.css etc. etc.) because of the theme I use.  I haven't been able to locate any parse errors on any of the files I modified by hand, especially not post.template.php.  Any suggestions?

syntax error, unexpected $end

[edit]

I got rid of the parse error.  Now I just have to fix some other things such as my template, the empty body error, etc.

[another edit]

My template files have all been hand copy/pasted properly and I still get an empty message error.  Also, the textarea that contains the message is loaded with $message in it.
Achilleus Technologies
Ace Gaming Syndicate
PART TIME SMF CHARTER MEMBER 4LIFE

SMF slays phpbb, puts it in an IPB coffin, and buries them both with the ashes of vBulletin.

af3

a) i cant find this file anywhere: Hoteditor_Mod_SMF.txt ?
i am using 1.1.2 and still getting the [bold]The message body was left empty[/bold] error message if not using default theme.

b) where should getvars.php file be located? in the forum root dir?

af3

ok got that file --- and did all the changes related to the SMFone_blue themes (index.template and display.template); still getting the same error (message body empty) -- pls help.

af3

Update: i edited script.js and commented out the following>
if(document.forms.postmodify.elements["message"].value==""){
// if(document.getElementById("HotEditor")){
// document.getElementById("HotEditor").style.border="2px solid red";
// }
// if(document.getElementById("No_HotEditor")){
// document.getElementById("No_HotEditor").style.border="2px solid red";
// }
// return false;
}

seems to be working.

another question: how to make sure the cursor is visible in the textarea if using firefox? MSIE shows the cursor just fine.

Drogfild

Hi!

I also have same problems as af3. I have SMF 1.1.2, Hoteditor 4.1 (May 07, 2007) and I use orange-lt07 theme. I know this mod is designed only for default theme, but I think it shoud work also with any theme if installed correctly.

Problems that I have:
1) Copy / paste from e.g. MS Word or web browser
Symptoms:
- IE 6&7: Pasted text from MS Word shows quite nicely in editor, but it breaks up after posting message. For example if you copy/paste centered heading from MS Word it appears in the editor just fine, but after you click post or preview it shows something like [CENTER ALIGN=CENTER]Kernel Debugging with WinDbg<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>[/CENTER ALIGN]
Some formattings come just fine, some doesn't.
- Firefox: Pasted text is shown also nicely in FF, but when you click post or preview next page tells you that "The message body was left empty." And that happens only when you copy/paste text from some other "rich text program" (e.g. MS Word or some web browser). Posting text written by you works just fine.

2)Unsecure content
Symptoms:
My second problem is that every time I load page in IE6 that has hoteditor, it gives me error "This page contains both secure and unsecure content. Are you sure you want to continue?". This error comes only with IE6 and not with IE7 or FF. Apparently it has something to do with my SSL secured connection. Despite of that error and whether you answer yes or no, it gives you the page and it seems to work equally. Has anyone else tested SMF and Hoteditor with SSL encrypted connection?

3)show_switch = 0
If you edit editor.js and set "show_switch = 0" to row 47 and then go to post something the editor shows up twice. First there is wysiwyg editor and below that is bb editor.

Second and third problems aren't that acute but that first copy/paste problem is quite inconvenient.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

Advertisement: