SMF 1.1.5-Joomla 1.0.15 bridge

Started by BalkanBoy, July 13, 2008, 07:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalkanBoy

Like I said in topic name, I need a download link for SMF 1.1.5-Joomla 1.0.15 bridge, so if anyone have it please give it to me...

Kindred

1- there is no more officially supported bridge.

2- try using search?   There are at least two unofficial bridges out there right now.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Apllicmz

zamboo

Hi there,

maybe my question fits best in this topic.

I have recently made a change to the forum software on my page. The old forum was wbblite forum and the new one is the smf 1.1.5 . The convert went very well and now post or member was lost after the conversion.

Then I wanted to migrate the users of my existing joomla 1.0.15 with the users of the new SMF, and installed first the community build (for user management) and after that the joomla smf bridge with the CB plugin.

All seemed to work very well until some user told me on monday that he cannot login anylonger. But the login worked for other users, including myself. I was thinking about that he maybe just forget his password, but i was wrong. The user was simply getting a "username or password wrong error"

As was investigating this problem I have manually changed that password, first in smf and then in joomla, after that didnt work either, i have changed the password through the CB and then in SMF. But still no success.

After several hours of fiddling around I have managed to get the login working for the joomla site. I still get the error "username or password wrong" (popup window) but when i click ok on that box, the user is (somehow) logged in. Now I click on the "community" link (smf forum) on the top of my page but the user isn't logged in automatically.

When I want to manually login the user to the forum I get an error "you are not allowed to see this area".

Any suggestions how to fix this user in an otherway than re-creating it?

techdetails:

Your Joomla version is: 1.0.15
Your SMF version is: 1.1.5
Your Joomla-SMF version: 2.0.2
Latest Joomla-SMF version: 2.0
Community Builder version: 1.1
MySQL version: 5.0.32-Debian_7etch6-log
Joomla Base URL: hxxp:www.djkrolandwest.de [nonactive]
SMF Base URL: hxxp:www.djkrolandwest.de/forum [nonactive]
Link on Joomla Page to SMF: hxxp:www.djkrolandwest.de/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=89 [nonactive]

Login system in SMF-Bridge: CB
Register system in SMF-Bride: CB

Thanks for helping!

best regards
zamboo

PS: did i get it right that everytime i change something in the smf board it triggers automatically a sync between smf and joomla? so i don't have to click those "sync usernames/sync realnames" buttons in the joomla-smf install-tab everytime  ???

Kindred

it looks like you have the joomlahacks bridge...    YOu will get support for that over on joomlahacks.com
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zamboo

you are right. i have posted the question to the joomlahacks forum now. thanks for the hint.

is there any specific bridge you can recommend?

Kindred

there is no officially supported bridge for joomla any more...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: