Strange IE error message yesterday

Started by StarWars Fan, February 25, 2008, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarWars Fan

I was reading posts here yesterday (around 5:00 pm eastern I think) and received these IE errors and notices:

This website wants to run the following add-on: "Remote Data Services Data Control" from Microsoft Corporation

Line: 46
Char: 5
Error: Unexpected call to method or property access
Code: 0
URL: I REMOVED THE URL HAVING TO DO WITH 5 YEAR CONTRACT
(SMF guys can pm me for the exact URL)

Oldiesmann

This doesn't really have anything to do with our site, so I'm not sure why it's posted here.

As far as the error - we can't really help you with that. You will need to talk to someone who is familiar with vBScript and ActiveX (try devshed.com).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Thantos

StarWars Fan, that issue has been resolved.

Oldiesmann:
Quote from: StarWars Fan on February 25, 2008, 10:30:39 AM
I was reading posts here yesterday (around 5:00 pm eastern I think) and received these IE errors and notices:

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

TK1994

My SMF based forum (and website) is having this same IE error message today.  Anyone who visits any of the SMF based pages in the site is hitting this error.

Can anyone help me? I've had to redirect all traffic from the site and I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I called my host, but they're unable to help.

-Josh

Edit---my apologies, I found this topic via a search, but when I backed out to the main forum I saw that this is not the place for support questions.  I started up a new topic here.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=234399.0

idezmax

use firefoxis better. IE have many error.
hxxp:www.idezmax.com [nonactive]

Advertisement: