mambo not seeing logins

Started by chubbymidget, December 28, 2004, 05:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chubbymidget

I have a new install of smf which I installed into my mambo database but in a seperate directory.
My Mambo is 4.5.1 and I using the fresh download of the bridge.
I've followed all the readmes but I still get "?not authorized to view this resource" when I log into Mambo (the smf_login module)
I can log directly into SMF with success and then the smf_login module will see I'm logged in but Mambo doesn't.  By that I mean Mambo doesn't show any logged in features or menu items.

I've deleted all my cookies and closed browsers. I've tried other computers.
I've copied over the MOS_SMF to sources
I've edited my Mambo and SMF templates.
And I've tried both the cookie options -checked and unchecked.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Orstio

The bridge component must have access set to Public, not Registered.

chubbymidget

Not sure what you mean? I haven't done anything with the components other than install and set the path on the first one.
The only thing I have set with any access is the login witch of course is public since you need it to login.

If I  login into Mambo I get the error. If I log into SMF I'm good then I go back to my Mambo page and the login modules sees I've logged in. -But Mambo doesn't treat me like I'm logged in. It doesn't show any stories or menu links that a registered -logged in person should see. Just the regular un-logged in page but with a logged in info in the the login module.

Login module is the smf login. I've unpublished the other login module.

Orstio

QuoteI haven't done anything with the components other than install and set the path on the first one.

Did you add the component to your Main Menu, or your User Menu?

chubbymidget

Which component of the 2? And how should it be added?

How can that effect whether logins work or not?  Shouldn't I be able to still login and do everything else even if a component isn't listed in a menu?

chubbymidget

I've added as a component the com_smf to the main menu -public view.  It shows up in the menu and the forum shows in a wrap but once any of the links are clicked I get the same authorized resource error.  Of course I don't get that when at the forum directly.

www.thewagoners.org/mambo 
www.thewagoners.org/forum

Orstio

How logging in works:

1)  You type in your username and password to the form.
2)  You click the submit button.
3)  The variables in the form are passed to a script.  In this case, they are passed to the wrapped SMF component.
4)  The variables are used to determine if the username/password etc. are all valid.
5)  The cookie is set to make you "logged in".

If the wrapped SMF component is not publicly viewable, you won't be able to login.  The variables are passed to the SMF component (step 3) BEFORE you are actually logged in (step 5), so to Mambo, you are still a guest when this happens.  When Mambo sees that you are a guest, and trying to access a page that is not viewable to guests, it says "You are not authorized to view this resource".

So, you need to go to your Mambo admin, and see if you added the SMF component to your User Menu, or your Main Menu.  You will also want to check to see if the "access" field is "Public" or "Registered".

Orstio

Your URLs show up strange, even for SEO.

Can you try turning off SEO in your Mambo admin?

[EDIT]  Forget that.  In the Main Menu, you have an Itemid of 57 for your wrapped SMF.  Yet, every link in the wrapped SMF points to Itemid 54.

You have, at some point, added the wrapped SMF to your menu, and then either deleted it or made that menu item not viewable to guests.

If you cannot delete item #54 from your menu via the Mambo admin, you'll have to do it with PhpMyAdmin in your mos_menu table.

chubbymidget

Not sure if it was the SEO -alias manager module or the just the ID54 but I turned off SEO and removed the old 54 id from my db. It was left over from a previous install attempt.

Thanks for the help. All appears well now.
Thanks for the help Orstio!

chubbymidget

Got a follow-up question for ya.
I've changed the forum link in menu to a regular url so it would open in a new window.  The size of SMF didn't work well wrapped in Mambo.  So that works now.

But the links within the login-form module  "Show unread posts since last visit." ,etc. How do I get these to either turn off or open in a new window directly to my forum install and not wrapped in Mambo?

Thanks for the help.

Orstio

Comment out these lines:

$sql = "SELECT id FROM ".$mos_prefix."menu WHERE link='index.php?option=com_smf'";

$result = mysql_query ($sql);

if (isset($result)){$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);}

$myurl = $mosConfig_live_site ."/". basename($PHP_SELF)."?option=com_smf&Itemid=" . $row[0]."&";

$scripturl = $myurl;

This comes with a warning, however.  You will run into the same problems that are in this topic:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=22313.0

I believe I have a solution, but I want to hear back from Iwyen to make sure there are not any further issues.

chubbymidget

Great I'll try that. My site isn't in production so I'd be happy to try it out as well?

Also in that thread you mention adding some lines

'mambo_login' => array('MOS_SMF.php', 'MOS_Login'),
                'mambo_logout' => array('MOS_SMF.php', 'MOS_Logout'),

To SMF's index.php. 
Do I need to do this also?

Orstio

QuoteAlso in that thread you mention adding some lines

'mambo_login' => array('MOS_SMF.php', 'MOS_Login'),
                'mambo_logout' => array('MOS_SMF.php', 'MOS_Logout'),

To SMF's index.php. 
Do I need to do this also?

Yes.