"Board news" mod needed - Could you do this?

Started by mytreo, December 28, 2004, 06:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mytreo

Hi all,

I've recently moved from YaBB1 Gold and we need to implement a mod that allowed us to display a customised news area within each board. I made an attempt to begin writing the mod myself but soon got way out of my depth. I hope somebody reading this feels like taking on the challenge... go on it will be fun!

If any developer/mod writer here could make this mod then please reply, we really need this feature again to make our forum complete. Perhaps we could even arrange a small reward for a good solution. :D

Here's some info on the old mod for YaBB 1 Gold (it has never been made for YaBBSE AFAIK) The old mod was called "Board News"...

Description: This mod adds a small section to the top of each board where moderators of that board can run a news strip. This avoids having to make a post for every small announcement - moderators can just update the news section.

You can see a screenshot of a news section at the top of a board here: http://www.badpoo.co.uk/ronnie/images/examples/board_news.gif

Only moderators of that board, global moderators and administrators can edit the news. All the usual YaBBC tags work (no HTML).

Please folks!!
Thanks
Chris
Treo forum - Powered by SMF, of course
Treo news - powered by MovableType and integrated with SMF
Treo downloads - hacked from phpNuke and integrated with SMF
Treo knowledge base - powered by Wikka and integrated with SMF
Treo 650 | Treo 700w | Treo 700p

A.M.A

Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

mytreo

Yes perhaps it might just do, thank you. How would I designate a particular post as a news item so that it was always the same post displayed?

Edit: Oh now I see that it wouldn't really do what I wanted. I need each moderator to be able to edit his board news independantly.

mytreo

Anybody that can help with this please stand up :)

mytreo

MASSIVE THANKS to Grudge for making this mod for me in double quick time and with perfect functionality (payment is on it's way!). I will ask Grudge to make this Mod publicly available so others can use it.

SMF Rocks!  :D :D

Midgard

Advertisement: