News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack001

please can anyone mod it for RC5. It will be nice if anyone mod it.
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

WhiteEagle

Quote from: jack001 on March 24, 2011, 05:02:12 PM
please can anyone mod it for RC5. It will be nice if anyone mod it.

I'll second this request.
I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

Arantor

Please have a read of the preceding posts to learn why this might not happen, thanks.

jack001

ok.. So is there any another game like poker or betting(bets). It will be awesome if there any game like this.

Arantor

No, there aren't at present.

jack001

thank you for your reply. And one more thing thank-o-matic is not getting installed in rc5. I have requested but still no reply there.

Arantor

Probably because the author of the Thank o Matic hasn't been around since the end of January...

jack001

so can any one of you do change it for rc5. It is my request friend. I am in need like hell..

This forum rocks and the people here too. SMF rocks in short. But somewhere people find it difficult to fulfil their wish so if smf would make a team of moders who helps to do so then it would rock the world. I have seen this coordination in one of the best forum in this world.
Its just an advise dude.
But must say that you all shines like stars.
Thank you:)

Arantor

Quoteso can any one of you do change it for rc5. It is my request friend. I am in need like hell..

For the second time, no. Unless the mod author agrees to release the mod to someone else or gives it a suitable licence that someone else can develop it, or someone else writes it from scratch, it is actually in breach of copyright law for someone to update this mod and give it to you.

jack001

ok.. So finally have to wait till mod modifies. Is there any other way? I mean can't anyone request him to do or to give the authority?

searchgr

jack001, send me a pm.

searchgr

Quote from: searchgr on June 12, 2010, 02:57:54 PM
Any ideas about this error?

8: Undefined index: watching
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/*****/public_html/Themes/default/Chess.template.php (board sub template - eval?)
Line: 665

bugo, can you please help me with this error?

Kimor

Hello!  I've installed this mod, and I'm having a few issues....

1) I can't seem to figure out how to challenge other players without the block added in TP.
2) TP doesn't seem to work quite right with this - is there another modification which would allow me to include the PHP block?
3) Several times, when I've installed mods on the forum, I've gotten screens without any text labels for the various options in the admin box.  Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Edit: It appears as if the text for the link to the chess game at the top of the forum isn't appearing.  By creating a game with a fake user, I can make an exclamation mark appear there, but otherwise, there is no text.  The resulting page gives me an error message whenever I click on the new game, and there is no text aside from the single link.  If it would be helpful, I can post an image.

Lord Anubis

Quote from: jack001 on March 26, 2011, 02:24:57 AM
ok.. So finally have to wait till mod modifies. Is there any other way? I mean can't anyone request him to do or to give the authority?

Mainly at this time your on your own, Feeble (the mod author) hasn't been around... And you must remember SMF and most mods are freely done on someone's free time so "requesting someone" to do things is out of the question... not to mention RUDE

Quote from: jack001 on March 25, 2011, 03:49:47 PM
ok.. So is there any another game like poker or betting(bets). It will be awesome if there any game like this.
I have been dreaming of this same thing for years lol... Risk, Battleship, even checkers .... and lots of other old time board games would be fun to have

The hard part is having someone code them and give to the community, this was definitely a great addition (I still use it)

I just hope Feeble is ok, he just kinda disappeared...

WhiteEagle

I too hope Feeble is okay.

I would love seeing Battleship or any other old board game (I love Aggravation myself) being created as a mod!
I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

TurtleKicker

I understand it's not legal to distribute a mod based upon Feeble's code.

Would it be legal however to distribute a "diff" file that contained the new changes necessary for one to make to SMFChess as long as one didn't distribute the final modified product? The new changes would not be covered by Feeble's copyright.

searchgr

feeble is not active since 2008. If u want to contact him, i can give him the new code for chess that is compatible to smf 2.0. It's a pity so many users not to be able to use this mod.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: searchgr on June 14, 2011, 02:19:05 PM
feeble is not active since 2008. If u want to contact him, i can give him the new code for chess that is compatible to smf 2.0. It's a pity so many users not to be able to use this mod.

He might not be active here, but he's alive as of April of 2010. I tracked him down elsewhere and also obtained his Gmail address.

I've tried contacting him via Gmail as well as through another forum I found him active on still, asking him if he'd either be interested in updating this mod, or otherwise formally releasing the code to the public domain. I'll be sure to let you know if I hear from him.

politirant

I've read through every page of this thread, so I understand why we're not seeing a Chess Mod for SMF 2, but it sure is a shame.

I just wanted to add my name to the list of people who appreciated this great mod (thank you Feeble) and who are sad to no longer be able to use it.

I hope some day in the future our forums can play again.

PLAYBOY

So?
Will it be updated for 2.0 or not?

I cant believe im seeing this mod getting wasted. What a shame.

Advertisement: