• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efk

Only problematic part for me is 1st move in the game. Its really hard to make first move, not sure why.

chaos40

Quote from: tfs on November 08, 2018, 07:46:03 PM
Quote from: tfs on November 01, 2018, 08:37:05 AM
Does anyone know where I can find "CHESSBLOCK.ZIP" referenced in the first post on this thread?

PING one more time re: CHESSBLOCK.ZIP. Has anyone got that lying around?

tfs

Thank you for the file, Chaos! I appreciate it!
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

addlife

I tried playing this on a mobile device. I cant move any pieces since dragging will just scroll the page up or down. Any way to make it clickable instead of having to drag the pieces around?

Or is there a way to drag something on chrome browser on android?

tfs

I play this on my iPhone fairly often. To do that I have taken to typing the move into the "Move:" field and tapping send.

Note that the format of the move MUST be lowercase, and by default my iPhone will uppercase the first letter.

e2-e4 is OK, but E2-e4 is not.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

addlife

Quote from: tfs on February 18, 2019, 03:27:43 PM
I play this on my iPhone fairly often. To do that I have taken to typing the move into the "Move:" field and tapping send.

Note that the format of the move MUST be lowercase, and by default my iPhone will uppercase the first letter.

e2-e4 is OK, but E2-e4 is not.
I don't see a "move" field on my phone

tfs

Quote from: yajerusalem on February 20, 2019, 02:35:20 AM
I don't see a "move" field on my phone

Do you see one when using a computer and browser? If it's visible on the computer and not on the phone then perhaps the phone browser is blocking javascript or something like that? I have FireFox and Safari on my iPhone. The MOVE field appears for both of them, just as it does in a PC based web browser.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

addlife

Quote from: tfs on February 20, 2019, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: yajerusalem on February 20, 2019, 02:35:20 AM
I don't see a "move" field on my phone

Do you see one when using a computer and browser? If it's visible on the computer and not on the phone then perhaps the phone browser is blocking javascript or something like that? I have FireFox and Safari on my iPhone. The MOVE field appears for both of them, just as it does in a PC based web browser.
I don't think its visible on my pc either. heres a screenshot

tfs

Here's now it looks on mine. Perhaps it's your theme's problem?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

addlife

Quote from: tfs on February 22, 2019, 01:34:18 PM
Here's now it looks on mine. Perhaps it's your theme's problem?

I just figured it out. It was because I had the option "enable quickplay" checked in the settings.

Advertisement: