News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chipfryer

Many congrats by the way on getting it approved. 

Assistance

~playing poker~

mightygiants

Tried to install, and it didn't work (no option buttons, admin settings missing text and other things, admin options missing).  I am not using the default theme.  Clicked on the instructions for other themes, but I get file not found.  Any help or assistance?  My board uses the Classic YaBB SE Theme.  Thanks for any assistance.

Trinny

it's an excellent mod and functions perfectly except that (and it's possible that I'm just missing something, or expecting something to be there that isn't) but in the challenge tab, there are two options, the second option to create a quickmatch works perfectly for me, but the first option tells me to type in the member name of whomever I wish to challenge. I do, but then nothing happens. There's no submit block or option to begin a game with this person, no PM is sent to let the person know that I'd like a match. In fact, it appears to do nothing at all ???

Lord Anubis

Trinny, you hit enter after inputting a name into the Challenge Request

Trinny

I do. Still, nothing. Believe me I've tried every combination of actions possible, short of a rain dance prior to hitting enter. Is it supposed to generate a joinable game after hitting enter? It does nothing on my site, and I had no installation errors. I'm at a loss on what to do.

Assistance

....have you waited for the person to accept the challenge, before it is then displayed on the active games list.
~playing poker~

Trinny

Quote from: Assistance on March 09, 2008, 03:36:35 AM
....have you waited for the person to accept the challenge, before it is then displayed on the active games list.
Accept it how though? There is no challenge listed or game created anywhere that I can find, and the person that I'm challenging gets no PM to inform them of the challenge?

mightygiants

I can't get this mod to work.  I am not using the default theme.  My board uses the Classic YaBB SE Theme.   The instructions for other themes doesn't come up.  When I click on the link it says, "no file found".   When I try to use the regular install, it doesn't come up on the button bar and admin features are incomplete.  What needs to be done and where can I find the alternate theme instructions?

Trinny

So I ran DOM and found no errors on the page prior to typing in a name, but once I typed in a name and hit the enter button, I got an error. Please, does anyone know what this means or how to repair it?

MinasC

Chipfryer

Did you get any error messages from the failed install?

Quote from: mightygiants on March 08, 2008, 07:33:41 PM
Tried to install, and it didn't work (no option buttons, admin settings missing text and other things, admin options missing).  I am not using the default theme.  Clicked on the instructions for other themes, but I get file not found.  Any help or assistance?  My board uses the Classic YaBB SE Theme.  Thanks for any assistance.

mightygiants

No error messages, it seems to install just fine (from that perspective).

Paracelsus

Feeble,

I'm having the exact same problem as other users.

The javascript doesn't seem to load as it should. In previous versions that did work without any problems, but now it doesn't. For example, on the challenge page it's impossible to have the "search" button right after the field where you put the username you want to challenge... it doesn't work pressing Enter, either.

It's not theme related, as I have a default theme which has the same problem. I have over 30 Mods, so it's impossible to say which one could be interfering.

I've tried a javascript debugger for the Challenge page and it shows me this:

Error ``Ajax.Autocompleter is not a constructor'' [x-] in file ``http://www.forumscp.com/Themes/default/SMFChess/SMFChess_challenge.js'', line 5, character 0.
Exception ``TypeError: Ajax.Autocompleter is not a constructor'' thrown from function anonymous() in <http://www.forumscp.com/Themes/default/SMFChess/SMFChess_challenge.js> line 5.
[e] message = [string] "Ajax.Autocompleter is not a constructor"
Error ``TypeError: Ajax.Autocompleter is not a constructor'' [x-] in file ``http://www.forumscp.com/Themes/default/SMFChess/SMFChess_challenge.js'', line 5, character 0.

On other pages, it shows me several other errors in other js files.

feeble

Apologies for my delayed response, I just got back from a trip and only just stepped in the door.

To Trinny and Paracelsus,
Whats happening is that the javascript(namely prototype) used in SMFChess is conflicting with another script on your sites.
So to begin if possible, can I please get a copy of a list all of all the mods installed on your site, as well as any JavaScript's that you might be running.
If you want to send this info by email, [email protected]

I do know that the boardhover mod conflicts, and I am currently looking for a fix for this, but nothing so far.

The main issue is that with the introduction of prototype into this mod, I've made SMFChess less compatible. So I'm going think about dropping it in a future update, but lets try and get you both sorted out in the interim.

to mightygiants
Apologies for that, the Manual theme changes link works once more.
In saying this thou,

what language are you running?
and if you can send a copy of your index.template.php to [email protected] and ill make the theme changes for you.

feeble

Quote from: mightygiants on March 11, 2008, 06:48:43 PM
No error messages, it seems to install just fine (from that perspective).
I've replied to your question in the other thread.

Paracelsus

Problem SOLVED! ;D

With feeble's help, we could detect that the problem was my "slimbox" script... so feeble suggested a way of disabling it in the chess pages... here's the code which solved it:

';

if($context['current_action'] != 'chess')
    echo '
<!-- Lightbox Slimbox Includes -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/slimbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['theme_url'], '/js/mootools-release-1.11.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['theme_url'], '/js/slimbox.js"></script>

The Slimbox script was already there, in index.template.php and the only thing I've added was the if($context['current_action'] != 'chess') (and of course the '; and echo ' to not disrut the page). ;)

Thanks feeble, you're support was absolutely perfect!

fecu2008

Is there a way to change the text "news" to something else?

Paracelsus

Quote from: fecu2008 on March 13, 2008, 01:55:16 AM
Is there a way to change the text "news" to something else?

Just go to the language files and change it... I think it's in the Chess.english.php

mightygiants

My site is in English and I sent you the file.  I couldn't find the lines, referenced in the tutorial.

Advertisement: