News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

feeble

Quote from: PLAYBOY on March 19, 2008, 10:50:29 AM
there you go,
I have a feeling this is to do with the new way tile colours are stored.

Can you check your chess admin settings(check each colour) and your own personal colour settings as well.

jossanaijr

there you go,

Just to say that if I choose Theme Default's colors it is shown like that.  If I define colors, everything is ok, great.  BTW I use Firefox too...

feeble

Quote from: jossanaijr on March 19, 2008, 05:52:50 PM
Just to say that if I choose Theme Default's colors it is shown like that.  If I define colors, everything is ok, great.  BTW I use Firefox too...
Redo the colours in the admin area
index.php?action=chess_admin

Sabre™

Hi feeble..
Sorry mate, I've been playin cod4 a bit lately, and havent gotten back to ya  :D

So everything worked fine for you then??
If so, then its an issue within my net settings/firewall etc..

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

jusplay77

The Chess mod was a huge hit on my forum!  A++ Mod here!  (Awesome job on it!)

Do you think you will ever make a Checkers Mod?  :D

digger

Can't challenge users with cyrillic names.

Paracelsus

Hi feeble,

About that little bug in 'Dark Chess' variant (the check equals to checkmate), when are you planning to release a fix?

PLAYBOY

Quote from: feeble on March 19, 2008, 07:32:11 PM

i havent tried it yet.
i ll let you know about this.

there you go,

did you try freeble solution? did it work for you>?

Paracelsus

feeble,

I think I've found a bug in the chess engine. This happened twice... As a player was able to castle on both sides, the king's side being free to castle, the player moved the tower (ordinary movement not-castle) and the king below the avatar disappeared as it should since it was no longer possible to castle on that side... the problem is that the queen below the avatar also disappeared simultaneously with no apparent reason, thus disallowing the castle on the queen side when that option should remain available.

I hope the explanation made sense... ;) I think the bug may lie on the fact that once a tower is moved from its ordinary place it disallows castle on both sides instead of just excluding one of them.

fecu2008

i see somewhere on here about different variants. It had pictures and everything.  Is this operational and can someone please direct me back to where its located?

feeble

I just want to apologies for my absence, I've been away. Been overseas traveling and hiking around and haven't had access to a pc in a while.
Sorry for this, but I'm back now and can get back to work on this mod.

Quote from: jusplay77 on March 20, 2008, 07:50:20 AM
Do you think you will ever make a Checkers Mod?  :D
At this point in time, no. Mostly because there is still alot of work to do with the Chess part and users want a tournament section so that takes priority and also(even thou this wont affect people playing checkers) its a solved game.

Quote from: digger on March 21, 2008, 12:37:40 PM
I'll look into this, but it could be a limitation with the scriptaculous, and might have to come up with something else.

Just wondering, do cyrillic characters work with SMF2's new user search?

Quote from: Paracelsus on March 25, 2008, 05:23:37 AM
About that little bug in 'Dark Chess' variant (the check equals to checkmate), when are you planning to release a fix?
Sorry about the delay with this, ill get onto it shortly.
Since the Public beta has been released, I'm thinking this will be the last patch before I start converting it over to SMF2, so I just want to get it right

Quote from: Paracelsus on March 26, 2008, 06:14:14 PM
I think I've found a bug in the chess engine. This happened twice... As a player was able to castle on both sides, the king's side being free to castle, the player moved the tower (ordinary movement not-castle) and the king below the avatar disappeared as it should since it was no longer possible to castle on that side... the problem is that the queen below the avatar also disappeared simultaneously with no apparent reason, thus disallowing the castle on the queen side when that option should remain available.

I hope the explanation made sense... ;) I think the bug may lie on the fact that once a tower is moved from its ordinary place it disallows castle on both sides instead of just excluding one of them.
Its cool, I see what you mean, I'll start doing tests and should be able to fix this. Thank you

norhe

has it been improved to work with 2.0?

forums out!!!!! at www.unknownscape.com/norhe :)

feeble

Quote from: fecu2008 on April 03, 2008, 01:17:20 PM
i see somewhere on here about different variants. It had pictures and everything.  Is this operational and can someone please direct me back to where its located?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_variant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Chess_variants

If you find one you like let me know

Paracelsus

No problem, feeble... no need to apologise, take your time, life is more than just SMF ;)

digger

Quote from: feeble on April 03, 2008, 07:43:37 PM
Quote from: digger on March 21, 2008, 12:37:40 PM
I'll look into this, but it could be a limitation with the scriptaculous, and might have to come up with something else.

Just wondering, do cyrillic characters work with SMF2's new user search?

SMF2 new user search don't work with cyrillic

feeble

Quote from: norhe on April 03, 2008, 07:46:24 PM
has it been improved to work with 2.0?
Not yet no sorry.

Quote from: digger on April 03, 2008, 07:59:17 PM
SMF2 new user search don't work with cyrillic
Ok no worries, has SMF said anything about a solution yet?
In the mean time, i'll look into this as well and I'll ask around.

In the mean time thou,

Do you login usernames use cyrillic as well or is it just your memberNames?
If not, I could show you how to adjust so it searches by username instead, but thats not an adequate solution has some users have entirely different usernames to login names.

norhe

ok ty pm when it is.

forums out!!!!! at www.unknownscape.com/norhe :)

PLAYBOY

Quote from: PLAYBOY on March 26, 2008, 03:07:42 AM
Quote from: feeble on March 19, 2008, 07:32:11 PM

i havent tried it yet.
i ll let you know about this.

there you go,

did you try freeble solution? did it work for you>?

Yep its good now.

Valodim

Just wanted to tell you, this is one fine mod. Great interface. Good job man :)

Advertisement: