SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fecu2008

How about weak, peasant and Dunsany's variants?

feeble

Quote from: fecu2008 on April 07, 2008, 01:41:32 PM
How about weak, peasant and Dunsany's variants?
They seem pretty cool and easy enough to add in.
Ill look to add them in.

fecu2008

fecu2008

feeble one more thing! i have a couple of people who really want to teach other members.  I see that we have a news box, is there a way that a member can post in the news box?  I looked around and searched the threads, but I couldnt find the answer. 

feeble

Quote from: fecu2008 on April 08, 2008, 01:45:24 PM
feeble one more thing! i have a couple of people who really want to teach other members.  I see that we have a news box, is there a way that a member can post in the news box?  I looked around and searched the threads, but I couldnt find the answer. 
members cant, but a chess admin can

there is a box for the news area in the Chess admin area.

also thats not a bad idea, I might be able to rig something up like a recent 5 post thing for a particular board, that gets displayed in the news section.
might be a good solution, especially for sites that like rolling news

fecu2008

I found it in the admin section.  Yeah I think it would be a great function where members can post some hand strategies to teach others.  Just a thought :) Your doing a great job. 

HellBent

Hi Feeble,  & thanks so much for the awesome mod :D

I've tried it on 3 themes so far, and it's working great, except for on the theme with a fluid layout.  The board & chess pieces lose alignment and so the pieces display a few inches beneath the board.

I've looked at (what I thought were) the obvious tables in chess.template and put a fixed width on them, but it hasn't made any difference.  Could you advise how I can fix it so they are aligned no matter what template I decide to use please?  :)

feeble

Quote from: HellBent on April 10, 2008, 04:30:35 PM
I've tried it on 3 themes so far, and it's working great, except for on the theme with a fluid layout.  The board & chess pieces lose alignment and so the pieces display a few inches beneath the board.

I've looked at (what I thought were) the obvious tables in chess.template and put a fixed width on them, but it hasn't made any difference.  Could you advise how I can fix it so they are aligned no matter what template I decide to use please?  :)
Misalignment is normally caused html errors, normally with a drop down menu

use this
http://validator.w3.org/

do you get many errors? if so I would try and fix as many as possible. that should normally fix it.

Also what theme are you having issues with?

HellBent

Hi Feeble :D thanks for the fast response.

It is the famouspaddex theme which I'm trying to customize but keep getting distracted by things like awesome chess mods :D :D

OK, since you mentioned the errors, I can't remember if I actually did the manual edits yet (was playing with too many things at the same time)  I know I uploaded all the files and everything worked in admin etc, so I may have completely forgotten to do the rest !

I'll go through it a little later & see if that does the trick :)

HellBent

I just checked for errors and there are about 23, but I can't find the files they are come from  :'( 

Here's a link to the page I'm having problems with:

http://www.toughstuff.co.uk/testing/index.php?action=chess;id=3

so, if anybody has time to take a quick look that would be really helpful  8)

MarceloEyer

This mod send many PM. :(

Can't be a Chess with rooms? The administrator do rooms, the users enjoy for sit and play or watch.

How I disable all PM of this mod? I want use only the quickmath, without PMs. Can be?

Thank. :)
Sentindo-se Enganado? hxxp:www.ceticismo.org [nonactive]

mulja

I got problem can`t Chalenge game with other user
you can just make quickmatch

hxxp:www.tv.quuq.org/forum/index.php?action=chess;sa=challenge [nonactive]

how i can fixed

Good Mod Thanks

palang

I have the Challenge problem as well.   It is sporadic.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't work.  If I clear the cache and refresh the browser, then the challenge will work but after using it a few times, it stops working again.   I have yshout, shoutbox module installed, I was wondering if this is interfering at all?   

The reason I ask that is that, when the yshout module cannot load then the challenge works, if it does load then the challenge doesn't work.  Anyway, I'll do some more testing.

Great mod by the way.

palang

I tried this code in the index.template.php file to disable the shoutbox during chess.  The chess module seems to work a little "smoother"  with the code, no alignment issues, but Challenge feature will not search for users that I type in still. 

Hmm....

if ($context['current_action'] != 'chess')
{
// YSHOUT HERE
global $boardurl;
echo '
        <script language="javascript" src="http://www.dghafari.com/wimpy/rave.js"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/behaviour.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/domFunction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

var myfunc = new domFunction(function()
{
',empty($options['collapse_header']) ? 'loadChat();':'','
}, { "yshout":"id"});
var board_url = "'; $boardurlparsed = parse_url($boardurl); echo (isset($boardurlparsed['path'])?$boardurlparsed['path']:""), '";
</script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?Feb142008" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">var shoutFile = "home.txt";</script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/yshout-style.css" />';
// YSHOUT END

}

palang

Ok, I promise, last post.   :D

I can't find a pattern as to when the Search function to challenge a player works and when it doesn't.  Even refreshing browser/clearing cache does not really work.   I disabled a few other things to see but still erratic.

I'm assuming this is some issue with my specific set up and interaction with my other mods.  But just in case, its specific to the Chess mod, I'd appreciate any help.

Also wondering if its possible to have a list of users to pick from rather than using the search feature?  Would this be difficult to do and if possible,  how would one go about creating such a list?

peace.

fecu2008

feeble how where do I change the name of the name "news" to something else. I tried editing the languate file but im getting  error.

Chopper

Hi, although not a major issue i have a problem with the chat function. If i go to another point on my forum and then come back to the chess game i was playing the chat doesnt work and where it list the players that are watching it just constanly says loading??

Ryan

Love this chess :)
Are you ever gonna make another game?
If so
Yatzy would be fun too

DWillis

bty, Feeble, thanks for this.  It is the single most active item on my site.  I'm hoping that it's ready for 2.0 sometime soon :)

Trinny

will this mod be updated to work with 2.0b3?

Advertisement: