News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godsongz

Quote from: fecu2008 on April 18, 2008, 02:11:35 AM
feeble how where do I change the name of the name "news" to something else. I tried editing the languate file but im getting  error.

It's in the chess.english.php on line 181

mulja

I  found what couse this problem with chellenge game
with other members then you put first letter nothing happen
can see here:
hxxp:www.tv.quuq.org/forum/index.php?action=chess;sa=challenge [nonactive]

I run SMF with MKPORTAL
and then you run smf inside the portal members chellenge stop workng

It`s what i do:

STEP 1: Set Config Option
In MKPortal "Control Panel > Preferences > Forum Page Look & Feel" set the "Show Forum inside MKPortal?" option to "Yes".

STEP 2: Modify Board File(s)
Backup the file(s) before modifying.

Edit the forum file Sources/Subs.php

FIND:
// For session check verfication.... don't switch browsers...
$_SESSION['USER_AGENT'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

ADD BELOW:
//added from MKportal
if ($header !== false && in_array('main', $context['template_layers'])) {
define ( 'IN_MKP', 1 );
require_once "../mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php";
mkportal_board_out();
}
//end added

Pelase help how to fix that?????????????

vinod41

Hi

just installed it... successfully but have language text display problem.

i'm using custom theme back-n-black with other mods also installed.

same problem i got when i installed simple portal today, author supplied utf-8 language files and then it worked.

In this case i guess its the same isse.....

you can see chess here http://consoleplayers.com/index.php?action=chess [nofollow]

also i've modified

//Begin SMFChess code if($context['allow_chess']){ echo ($context['current_action'] == 'chess' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , ' <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $context['current_action'] == 'chess' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '"> <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chess">'.$txt['SMFChess'].'', $context['user']['chess_turn'] != 0 ? '[<strong>!</strong>]' : '' , '</a> </td>' , $context['current_action'] == 'chess' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : ''; } //END SMFChess code

to

echo '<li', $current_action == 'chess' ? ' id="active"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chess"><span>'.$txt['SMFChess'].'</span></a></li>';

see images for reference

thanks and regards

vinod41

can anyone guide me if this mod / author is missing :(

Chopper

Hi, whilst playeing a member who uses MAC he complains that he cannot see the board therefore making it extremely difficult to play. Is there a way around this?

Thanks

cellax

hi,

I found that when I invite someone to play chess on my forum, the invitation is sent with my language inside the automatical PM created to notify the game.

so if I use Italian language, and I invite a user with English language, he will see the automatic PM in Italian. How to fix it?

I am translating this mod in Italian, almost done

thx for this mod man

Ryan

Hmm i noticed same thing in firefox actualy.. cannot see the chess board squares on firefox

Lord Anubis

Make sure in the color codes you don't have the # included in the hex code, I had the same problem and this fixed it...

Chopper

Quote from: Lord Anubis on April 25, 2008, 07:25:38 PM
Make sure in the color codes you don't have the # included in the hex code, I had the same problem and this fixed it...

Please excuse my ignorance but how exactly did you fix this?

Lord Anubis

When you go to ?action=chess_admin

where it says Set Chess Board Colours:

Make sure that you DON'T have the # sign in front of the codes for the board colors just the Hex code

vinod41

okay, resolved copied content of Chess.english.php to Chess.english-utf8.php and same for admin language file .. :)

Now need help in setting it up. I can't see board in two colors. rest i think is fine. just need some more testing.

vinod41

Chopper

Why post a mod when there is clearly no support?

Paracelsus

Quote from: Sabre™ on April 27, 2008, 08:38:55 PM
Feeble was recently in a car crash, and is in critical condition.
So basically he is fighting for his life.

Wish him the best and quick recovery.

Chopper

Quote from: Sabre™ on April 27, 2008, 08:38:55 PM
Quote from: Chopper on April 27, 2008, 04:05:04 PM

Feeble was recently in a car crash, and is in critical condition.
So basically he is fighting for his life.
I guess he could try and post a reply, but I think him actually living is a little more important yeah??
Does this make your comment a little less valid??
I hope so, cause none of it is true :P
Some people are going through their exams at the moment, so a little patience please :)
If patience is too much, then making your own mod is an option also.

That was in pretty bad taste, sicko!

Paracelsus

It was just a litlle bit of dark humor... either way, like I said, I wish him the best and that he recovers from the stress of exams to get back on this MOD. ;)

Sabre™

After looking at this the next day, I realised it was a little too much, so I have removed my comment. You can still see it in choppers post above if you missed it.
Since most of us converse via msn, and were pointed to this ignorant comment
So I thought I'd speak at the moron.
I obviously went at it the wrong way, as humour is conveyed different worldwide. Even dark ;)
Ma baad. And I wont nurture ignorance any further...   even my own :P

Anyways, vinod41 what is mean by this comment
Quote from: vinod41 on April 26, 2008, 02:11:43 PM
I can't see board in two colors.
I just had a look at your chess board, and I can see it fine. Brown and cream checkered board yeah?
Maybe youve already fixed it. Good work if you have.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Chopper

Quote from: Sabre™ on April 28, 2008, 05:21:06 PM
After looking at this the next day, I realised it was a little too much, so I have removed my comment. You can still see it in choppers post above if you missed it.
Since most of us converse via msn, and were pointed to this ignorant comment
So I thought I'd speak at the moron.
I obviously went at it the wrong way, as humour is conveyed different worldwide. Even dark ;)
Ma baad. And I wont nurture ignorance any further...   even my own :P

Anyways, vinod41 what is mean by this comment
Quote from: vinod41 on April 26, 2008, 02:11:43 PM
I can't see board in two colors.
I just had a look at your chess board, and I can see it fine. Brown and cream checkered board yeah?
Maybe youve already fixed it. Good work if you have.

It would appear the only moron is you Sabre with your pathetic and somewhat misguided attempt at humour. Add that to the cowardly act to remove your post stands you in good steed, job well done.

holly.celeb.fan

Nice Mod..

installed.. :)

Sabre™

Chopper.
Grow up! :)

Please stop spammin this thread. If you have an issue, then pm me or contact a staff member.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Advertisement: