News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmvasco

Quote from: Lord Anubis on May 12, 2008, 01:35:09 PM
...I had to delete some of the blocks that I was not using to make newer blocks work...

Yes, that was it. It worked. I had 3 "off" blocks, and I just deleted one of them and then it worked.

Thank you very much.

gmvasco

@feeble
I've got two problems:

1 - Should the other topic (coding issues) be closed? I posted the next problem there but you didn't reply (it wasn't so long ago). Maybe it would be best to keep things in the new topic only?

2 - Language files. Pretty please, let them out.

Thanks for all the support in one of the best mods to smf ever.

weightman

I support closing one thread or merging them.

RustyBarnacle

Hahaha, I love this mod.

I had a failure on subs.php and index.template.php did the edit on them to finish it off.

This fixed a bug I've had for months that has been driving me around the bend.  160 errors a day on subs.php and I couldn't find the cause.  Now its just gone.  :)

Dave123

hope feeble back online soon

webfan

The Challange usersearch function does not work for me.
When I search, the loading icon appears, but no results.
I tried to search in ChessXml.php in memberName instead of realName without a result.
So please can someone help me to repair the search,
or another choice for me would be, to make an own form, without the ajax to enter a username to challange. For that I need to know where to post to (url like action=...&sa=... and the postvars)

EDIT: The mod is working fine in default theme.
I need to integrate ito a bridged (Pragmamx) SMF with mx-port theme.
Pleeease... :'( can anyone help me?
I tried to eliminate some javascript from it, but no success.
Url: http://www.webfan.de/Forum-action-chess.html Maybe someone can see the conflict there?

Thank you!
mfg

lamont3

Okay, I can't figure this out.  I installed it and it doesn't appear on the menu.  I know it installed correctly because i can get to the chess admin section.  help please!

Sabre™

@ lamont3
More info.
Are you using the default theme or a custom?
What mods do you have installed?
Link to site.
Have you checked that the correct code was added to your index template etc etc

The more info you give, the easier it is for others to assist you.

@ webfan
I went to your site.
Its easier/ faster if people coming to help you, dont have to go through the task of signing up first.
Make a temp account for people to use.  Otherwise they maybe deterred.  Like I was. :)
Is that site even smf??     I saw no indication of it.  No copyright etc etc
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

webfan

@lamont3:
I had a similar issue after installing lan guage and theme with
$txt['SMFChess'] missing. Try to add it to chess.lang.php:
$txt['SMFChess'] = 'Chess';
!?

@Sabre™:
I'm sorry. I deactivated the mod (permissions) due to frustration.
Now I gave guest access to the chess (challange makes no scense, or?).
But to try the chessboard you need an account, true...
It is not possible to me to create a public account for everyone due to several (legal) reasons. If anyone can help me, I maybe can create a temporary test account if you PM me. Unfortunatly I didn't sleep to much last days, now I'm to tired to attend a testers action (if you pm me we can arrange a time).
Unfortunately the webfan site is in german I know, but I will explain short how to register and delete account.
To register http://www.webfan.de/register-me.html#formular you just have to fill out
Benutzername:     *(erforderlich)    - username
E-Mail-Adresse:       *(erforderlich)    - email
accept the Terms of use below (you don't buy anything by it, I assure you) and to confirm the link in the E-Mail (like usually)
To delete your account just visit http://www.webfan.de/Your_Account-op-delete.html
and click "[JA]" below.
If this is to cumbersome(?) for you, I totaly will understand it.
I although don't expect that you do this work happilly for free for me if it is more than a few minutes work or so...! (But unf. I'm not rich)
I just ask if someone (with more skills than me maybe) knows a simple solution.
It is! It is the PMX Bridge ( http://www.pragmamx.org/Downloads-cid-87.html ) using it's theme mx-port (of course I tried this although with default theme without result). I belive it maybe has to do with either JavaScripts the PMX is using or that my PMX sends a html header while the chess uses xml? (I know little php, but xhtml and java is out of my range).
As I wrote I don't expect that someone is doing this work just for me, so as PMX is a great community and chess rules I can imagine there would be a big number of users of this stuff. So you can forgett about my site, if you find a general solution for this mod working in PMX Bridge you will be superhero  :D
I would prefer to go this way, as my PMX maybe is modded although.

mfg
good night

lamont3

Oh, sorry.  the link is www.youfad.com  I have the video imbed package installed, as well as the Chocolate Stone theme.
I will check the code
Quote from: Sabre™ on May 21, 2008, 07:21:08 PM
@ lamont3
More info.
Link to site.

@ webfan
I went to your site.
Its easier/ faster if people coming to help you, dont have to go through the task of signing up first.
Make a temp account for people to use.  Otherwise they maybe deterred.  Like I was. :)

Godsongz

Quote from: lamont3 on May 22, 2008, 02:12:43 PM
Oh, sorry.  the link is www.youfad.com  I have the video imbed package installed, as well as the Chocolate Stone theme.
I will check the code

Check your permissions too.  Even after registering for an account, when I go to http://youfad.com/index.php?action=chess I get an error saying "You do not have access to Chess!"

lamont3

Is there a certain code that might be missing?  Or do I need to check all of the code.  I started by comparing the code given in the manual instructions with what I have.  Is this the only way to do it?

Thanks!

Quote from: Sabre™ on May 21, 2008, 07:21:08 PM
@ lamont3
More info.
Link to site.

@ webfan
I went to your site.

Sabre™

@ webfan
Your problem seems to be out of my league.
With the information youve provided above, the right person will be able to help you sort it.
Sorry mate..   If I could help, I would without a doubt.
Its the only way I could repay the community, for the assistance I myself have received.
Hopefully it gets sorted for you soon buddy. :)
Good luck.

@ lamont3

Okay I had a look.
Youre missing the chess button.
Is it displaying in your default theme?
Go back to the manual install page.
And see what gets added to  /Themes/default/index.template.php.  Add that code to the index.template of your custom theme(Chocolate Stone).
As you may or may not know, not every mod installs directly into custom themes. You need to manually install the specific codes.
What webfan stated above is a possibility also.
Check that out.
Quote from: webfan on May 21, 2008, 11:13:36 PM
@lamont3:
!?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

lamont3

Okay.  THis is what I did to get it working.  I uninstalled.  Then I copied index.template.php from the "chocolate stone" folder to the default theme folder.  I reinstalled and then copy the index.template.php  from the default folder back to the chocolate them folder.  Everything appears to be working wonderfully.

THanks for the help!

Quote from: Sabre™ on May 22, 2008, 07:05:23 PM
@ webfan
Your problem seems to be out of my league.
With the information youve provided above, the right person will be able to help you sort it.
Sorry mate..   If I could help, I would without a doubt.
Its the only way I could repay the community, for the assistance I myself have received.
Hopefully it gets sorted for you soon buddy. :)
Good luck.

@ lamont3

Okay I had a look.
Youre missing the chess button.
Is it displaying in your default theme?
Go back to the manual install page.
And see what gets added to  /Themes/default/index.template.php.  Add that code to the index.template of your custom theme(Chocolate Stone).
As you may or may not know, not every mod installs directly into custom themes. You need to manually install the specific codes.
What webfan stated above is a possibility also.
Check that out.
Quote from: webfan on May 21, 2008, 11:13:36 PM
@lamont3:
!?

Sic0

Fabulous mod and many thanks for making it.

It looks like I have the "cannot challenge anybody" bug  ::) It works fine on the default theme but not on my custom theme.

The only thing I can see related to javascript is the Shoutbox but that has been uninstalled now and has made no difference.

Any ideas from you kind people ?

Sabre™

Quote from: lamont3 on May 23, 2008, 12:26:02 PM
Okay.  THis is what I did to get it working.  I uninstalled.  Then I copied index.template.php from the "chocolate stone" folder to the default theme folder.  I reinstalled and then copy the index.template.php  from the default folder back to the chocolate them folder.  Everything appears to be working wonderfully.

THanks for the help!

lol   Brilliant mate.
Congrats on getting it to function properly buddy :)

Tron420

The pieces arent lining up right for me. Im using xd-obtuse theme. Can anyone help me get the pieces to line up right please?

Heres what it looks like on my site >

_Anthony_

Very nice I like it alot

Tron420

can anyone help with my alignment problem on the previous page please?

xIronmanx

Hello, nice Mod  (Sry for the bad english) :o
I have install the mod (SMFChess hxxp:1.0.zip [nonactive] + SMFChess_L_german.zip) in a german smf 1.1.4 board.

Error: No text in settings or in Chess Admin  :(

Why ???

***EDIT*** If i change the language to english, all text and buttons are ok

Advertisement: