News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tron420

Tron420

The pieces arent lining up right for me. Im using xd-obtuse theme. Can anyone help me get the pieces to line up right please?

Heres what it looks like on my site >

Dave123

Quote from: Dave123 on May 08, 2008, 10:17:05 AM
In the Dilber Theme the "button" looks weird like it has a extra background pic.
see the screendump:

What can I change in index.template.php (or somewher else)

//Begin SMFChess code
if($context['allow_chess']){
echo ($context['current_action'] == 'chess' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $context['current_action'] == 'chess' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chess">'.$txt['SMFChess'].'', $context['user']['chess_turn'] != 0 ? '[<strong>!</strong>]' : '' , '</a>
</td>' , $context['current_action'] == 'chess' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';
}
//END SMFChess code

-------------------------------------

// arcade knop.
  if ($context['user']['is_logged'])

echo'
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '2' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a>
</td>';

does anyone has a idea?

Tron420

I guess no one is supporting this mod or even nice enough to reply.

Tron420

plese someone help.

TaskyZZ

I put this on my site a couple days ago and played through a game of Dark Chess.  When I got my rook in position to capture my opponents king, the game ended and said I had check mated him.  He could easily have moved his king out of the way.  Doesn't Dark Chess end when one of the Kings is actually captured?

TaskyZZ

Quote from: feeble on March 17, 2008, 04:46:23 PM
Quote from: Paracelsus on March 17, 2008, 02:07:30 PM
When reading the rules of "Dark Chess" I noticed that you have to capture the king but it states nowhere that once a king is in "check" it can't get away from it. I've played a game where I did a check to the opponents king with my queen and the game ended instantly by check-mate. If you look at the picture you see the king could still be moved to a safe location, so I really don't understand it it's supposed to be like this or a flaw in the game variant.
Thanks for this btw, I took another read of the rules that I was using as a guide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_chess

And that makes more sense when you put it like that.

Ill make some adjustments so that it will be checkmate if for example
"Its blacks turn and the white king is in check"

or am I still reading this wrong?

Ill also add "1 space infront of the pawn is visible"

Anything else?

Can you just make it so the game is won when the king is captured?  No checks or checkmates in the game at all.  If the king is captured, the game is over.  This is in Dark Chess of course...

Godsongz

Quote from: TaskyZZ on May 27, 2008, 04:56:48 PM
I put this on my site a couple days ago and played through a game of Dark Chess.  When I got my rook in position to capture my opponents king, the game ended and said I had check mated him.  He could easily have moved his king out of the way.  Doesn't Dark Chess end when one of the Kings is actually captured?

That is an existing known bug in the Dark Chess variant, the game currently ends at Check, not at Check-Mate.

Quote from: Tron420 on May 27, 2008, 02:30:29 AM
plese someone help.

Tron, I don't think anyone is intentionally ignoring you, but at the same time I don't know if anyone knows how to help you.  That alignment problem of yours is very odd and I haven't got a clue where to begin troubleshooting it.  Feeble is the author of this mod, and he's been truly excellent at providing support for it up until now, but he's really dropped off the grid lately.  Apparently he did log into this site a couple of weeks ago, so he's still kickin'...  so he's probably just extremely busy offline as of late.  He is still a student.

Tron420

I had this same prob last year with my old site.. But I forgot how the OP suggested I fix it. Its really bad because I had to disable the chess because of the bug and I and the members of my site like it as well.

Tron420

Sabre™

I guess when someone has an answer for you, they will leave it here.
Some get put off with the constant bumps etc.
You'd probably have to wait for Feeble to return.

Good luck with that!
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Tron420

Tron420

Godsongz

Quote from: Tron420 on May 30, 2008, 07:03:56 PM
BUMP

Reel it in a bit Tron.  When someone who has a clue how to help you catches up on this thread you will get your answer.  Until then you are just littering the thread.  "Bumps" should be very sparingly used.  Once a week if absolutely necessary, but never once a day or more.  I'm sure you can see that, no?

H

Tron420, please cease bumping or you'll earn yourself a postban. You need to wait until the author of the mod can provide you with support
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Ni©holąś™

Shadow1243

I need SMF Chess SQL checks,pls add here,help

Shadow1243

I need SMF Chess SQL Check codes,pls add here :(

crustybum

How do i install this to the "classic" theme?

Thanks

Chris

crustybum

Great mod, but have the same problem as many others, the blighted "challenge" dosn't work, no one gets a notification, ive got it running on one forum in the default (1.1.5)  and will put it onanother forum with the classic....if i could just get this "challenge" thing sorted....anyone have any ideas????

Chris

Advertisement: