SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callteg4

Hi all I am getting this message in my error log

Error message '8: Undefined index: SMFChess_admin
File: /customers/arcadewithme.co.uk/arcadewithme.co.uk/httpd.www/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2910' (Clear filter)

any help would be great it is ok on my default theme but not on my theme

improv

Hmm, is there a way to use the chat as a real 'chat' only?

Because I like it.

It is fast, shows an avatar, shows the users in the chat ( watching ) , etc.

Sickthing

I'm  missing something here.  I don't understand how to install this.  I downloaded the instructions and images.  I upload that to chessblock?

I can't find the package to download.  I see the previews, looks great.  Where do I download?

And where does the code go?  php block?

brianjw

Hi. I am having problems with my chess board showing correctly. The background isn't showing. View the screenshot that is attached to this message to see what I am talking about. ;) Thank you very much.

- Brian

Sabre™

@ Sickthing
Download the mod from here ~~> [CLICK HERE]
Look where it says  "Download this mod"  on the right.
Click on the words  "SMFChess 1.0.zip"  to download the mod.
Use your  "Package Manager"  in your admin panel to install it to your forum.
If you are using a custom theme, I think the only edit needed is to install a button.

The  "chessblock"  is for people that are using "Tiny Portal", so if you do not have that, then do not worry about it :)

That should do it for you mate.
Enjoy :)

Sorry Brian..  you're on your own there mate! lol
I havent had that problem, so cannot offer any advice.

Ive just installed this on a new forum, without any hitch.
Those that have experienced problems with the "Challenge" button not appearing, remember to set your permissions for each group, and that the button doesnt appear, until you have entered the users name.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Paracelsus

I'd just like a fix on the Dark Chess bug.

brianjw

I am still having these issues: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=225742.msg1682157#msg1682157
Quote from: brianjw on August 29, 2008, 09:20:41 PM
Hi. I am having problems with my chess board showing correctly. The background isn't showing. View the screenshot that is attached to this message to see what I am talking about. ;) Thank you very much.

- Brian

Paracelsus

Have you inspected it with Firebug yet? (to see the class or id applied)

brianjw

I am not sure what you are saying... ???

Paracelsus

Ok, nevermind. Have you set your chess config (background colors) correctly in Chess Options?

Will there be chess mod for SMF116?

Paracelsus

It already works for 1.1.6.

brianjw

Quote from: Paracelsus on September 12, 2008, 06:51:29 AM
Ok, nevermind. Have you set your chess config (background colors) correctly in Chess Options?
I haven't set anything up. I just installed it. I figured it'd be already pretty much setup.

Sabre™

Yes it is Brian.
You should have the default brown and cream checkered board.
Although it may not do anything, try changing the colors in your settings.
The settings when youre inside the chess area, not the AP.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

brianjw

Fixed & Found a bug...

On install the SMFChess mod automatically sets the chess board default colors as hex colors with two of "#"s which makes the color not work. I removed one of the # from each color and now it is working.

Sabre™

Good job brian!!

Wonder why it works ok for me?
Which template is this in, so I can have a look mate?

machmanx

Is this mod available for SMF 2.0 beta 4?  I was wondering why that question hasn't been asked, cause I need it.

Sabre™

The mod author hasnt been seen for awhile.
So unless someone takes over this mod, or makes it compatible, then your answer is No.

brianjw

I have some more similar mod ideas that feeble could possible do if he comes around again:

- AJAX Multiplayer Connect 4
- AJAX Multiplayer Checkers <-- unknown link

Sabre™

Yea, I have checkers up at the mo, but Im testing it, so its not open for members to see just yet.
Another site runs it on their server, and you play people that have it added to their sites.
A pretty good idea, but it as a few things that need sortin out.
I wish I could get a hold of their code, and run it myself! lol
But no, good ole iframe is all I can do atm.

Advertisement: