News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godsongz

I think we have a new bug in Dark Chess too...  I challenged a friend to a game, he accepted and made a single move, and was awarded a checkmate!?!  Now, he's thrilled with the result as it gave him a very easy boost in his ELO rating...  but I think we do have a problem :)

Here's the game

vivekm

Hello everybody I downloaded chessblock, but I have no idea where to download Tiny Portal from, can some body help me out. I use Smf 1.1.6, thanks in advance.

Godsongz

If chessblock is your only reason for wanting TP, don't bother.  Chessblock is not integral to the operation of SMFChess, and TP (while very useful for a lot of things) is a MAJOR change to your forum.

Should you decide to go that way though, TP can be found at http://www.tinyportal.net/

Bobn

Hi,

we have done all the manual edits and created the tables in the DB yet the chess mod wont show. Any ideas?

feeble

Quote from: Godsongz on September 30, 2008, 12:23:04 PM
I think we have a new bug in Dark Chess too...  I challenged a friend to a game, he accepted and made a single move, and was awarded a checkmate!?!  Now, he's thrilled with the result as it gave him a very easy boost in his ELO rating...  but I think we do have a problem :)

Here's the game
Thanks for this Godsongz
Went over it, and realised the mistake
uploaded a new version
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1102;id=70432
To Manually Update:
Just extract the zip file and copy ChessFunctions.php & ChessXml.php to your Sources Directory

Went through several games with no issues

Quote from: weightman on September 30, 2008, 12:16:42 PM
Feeble, I followed these directions (and overwrote old versions) but the chess mod is till listed in package list as 1.0, not 1.1. Anything to worry about?
No that's perfectly fine,
I don't know how to make patches for SMF Mods at this point in time(to be honest, I've forgotten how)
The files that you are copying over are just the changed files.

Quote from: Bobn on September 30, 2008, 02:38:58 PM
Hi,

we have done all the manual edits and created the tables in the DB yet the chess mod wont show. Any ideas?
trying going to ?action=chess
I apologize for the trouble you've had.
I'm not really to sure why you got the modification parse error. I have a feeling its to do with a php5 limit but can't be certain since no one else has had it.

Ryan

Thank you feeble for releasing 2.0 version! Been standing by waiting patiently.  :D

Godsongz

Quote from: feeble on September 30, 2008, 03:03:14 PMThanks for this Godsongz
uploaded a new version

Outstanding, thanks Feeble!

Paracelsus

Quote from: feeble on September 30, 2008, 03:03:14 PM
Quote from: Godsongz on September 30, 2008, 12:23:04 PM

Here's the game
Thanks for this Godsongz
uploaded a new version
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1102;id=70432
To Manually Update:
Just extract the zip file and copy ChessFunctions.php & ChessXml.php to your Sources Directory

Went through several games with no issues

I had the same issue, but already corrected it with the new version. Let's see how it goes this time.

quiz_modder

This is one very professionally done mod, one of the best around. I don't suppose I can be greedy and ask for more like this, such as a checkers one ;-)

Anyway, thanks for the effort 100/10!

Bobn

No go on the index.php?action=chess :(

Bobn

Quotetrying going to ?action=chess
I'm not really to sure why you got the modification parse error. I have a feeling its to do with a php5 limit but can't be certain since no one else has had it.

Hi,
I had babjusi install teh mod and he cant get it going either. Any other suggestions?

feeble

Quote from: Bobn on September 30, 2008, 06:07:35 PM

Hi,
I had babjusi install teh mod and he cant get it going either. Any other suggestions?
Are you both just getting that Modification parse error?

Bobn

Quote from: feeble on September 30, 2008, 06:41:56 PM
Quote from: Bobn on September 30, 2008, 06:07:35 PM

Hi,
Are you both just getting that Modification parse error?

Got it working, Strangly enough there was two ftp log ins, one worked the other didnt,, Thanks!

Paracelsus

Feeble,

On Dark Chess, is it supposed that every player now can see both its pawns and the opponents? Because before we could see just our own pawns and now we see everybody's pawns the whole time.

Paracelsus

Quote from: Paracelsus on October 01, 2008, 11:41:59 AM
Feeble,

On Dark Chess, is it supposed that every player now can see both its pawns and the opponents? Because before we could see just our own pawns and now we see everybody's pawns the whole time.

bumping...

from what I read, in Dark Chess each opponent can olny see opponents pieces if they can be "taken", like this:

White View:

Black View:

What happens after the fix is that all the pawns are visible the whole time to both players. Is is supposed to be this way?

feeble

Quote from: Paracelsus on October 03, 2008, 12:03:28 PM
What happens after the fix is that all the pawns are visible the whole time to both players. Is is supposed to be this way?
Thanks for catching this,
ill have it fixed soon,
hopefully in patch form

cafenubia

Hi everyone i just installed this package and it installed successfully and i see the chess admin but i cant find the link to the chess page in my menu,im using a custom theme.

ladyshanae

Cafenubia - you need to add the link yourself to the top bar since you are using a custom theme.  You can access the page by going here:

http://yourboardURL/index.php?action=chess

As for me, I'm getting a TON of Undefined index errors.  I am not that familiar with what the error itself means, though I know it's coming up pretty much every time I access any part of the chess mod.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?  I've tried to do searches here, but I'm coming up empty handed.

Godsongz

Quote from: ladyshanae on October 07, 2008, 12:23:50 PMAs for me, I'm getting a TON of Undefined index errors. 

Would you copy and paste the actual error into a post here?

ladyshanae

One of them looks like this:

Quote8: Undefined index: SMFChess_admin
File: /home/.leucorhinos/ladyshanae/hprpg.net/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2904

The code on the line is:

'title' => $txt['SMFChess_admin'],

Another error looks like this:

Quote8: Undefined index: SMFChess
File: /home/.leucorhinos/ladyshanae/hprpg.net/Sources/Chess.php
Line: 53

The code on the line is:

'name' => $txt['SMFChess'],

These are just some of the errors I'm getting.  I'm not familiar enough with PHP to understand exactly what 'undefined index' means, so help there would be super because I really don't mind troubleshooting - but when I'm not sure what things mean, it makes it a little hard!  :)

Do I have something missing from a language file maybe?

Advertisement: