SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weightman

Perhaps we should have a poll to see how many people care about Dark Chess so we have a better idea of whether its worth feeble's time. I'd still like to see some information on current games/players/rankings in the stats page and/or who's online list, adding SSI, making sure it works with 2.0 through the betas, RC's, and final release, etc.,  and I am sure feeble only has so much time.

Paracelsus

Quote from: weightman on October 14, 2008, 08:35:19 PM
Perhaps we should have a poll to see how many people care about Dark Chess so we have a better idea of whether its worth feeble's time. I'd still like to see some information on current games/players/rankings in the stats page and/or who's online list, adding SSI, making sure it works with 2.0 through the betas, RC's, and final release, etc.,  and I am sure feeble only has so much time.

I don't see things that way. Dark Chess is almost fixed, it has nothing to do with features, just to improve the game-engine that has the problem with pawns and the illegal moves, otherwise it's perfect and doesn't need to be touched again.

I installed it, but only can access it through admin, regular members cannot see it. when i tried to go to it as a regular member by pasting the link in my browser, i get this:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You do not have access to Chess!

Please forgive my incompetence, but how do I make it accessible to the members? I hunted for a setting but found none in the Chess Settings section of admin...

Thanks

Bigguy

Set membergroup permissions for each membergroup in the admin panel.

machmanx

Hey guys.  Feeble, thank you for porting the Chess Mod to SMF 2.0 . Really, I cannot say enough thanks to you because a lot of my members, especially my G mod, really love this :D  Thank you :)

I do get an error in my server saying I'm missing the sound.js file:-

File missing: (url)/forum/Themes/default/SMFChess/scriptaculous/src/sound.js

what does this do and can you fix this?

Is there a way to put the chat on the top, above the board?

I have installed nneonneo's Shoutbox in my forum, but it fails to refresh when playing chess.  Also, when a smiley that's bigger than the text gets posted, all the pieces get shifted on the board.  Is there a way to prevent the shifting of pieces like that?

Quote from: Bigguy on October 15, 2008, 03:24:48 PM
Set membergroup permissions for each membergroup in the admin panel.

Ah, Thank you, sir!! It is working now..

asmith

I have installed nneonneo's Shoutbox too. my chess is acting weird.

When I enter a chess board it stays as "loading...". It won't show chess chat or which people are viewing it, it just stucks at "Loading..." . until I click on show all or show chat and it will show.

When someone moves I can not see him moving. I gotta refresh my page.

Anyone can solve this conflict between chess and shoutbox?

feeble

Both these issues should disappear for the SMF2 version eventually when I take out a few things.

Other then that, there is not much I can do as the only solution is to disable neonneos chat when you are in a chess game.

also the sound.js is from nneonneos mod.

asmith

I'm using 1.1.6. and do not want to upgrade to 2.

will it work backward  ? I mean if you can't do much about it,  maybe nneonneo could solve it by upgrading his mod?

nneonneo

The conflict is due to SMFChess and nneonneo's Shoutbox both using an onload handler. The onload handlers conflict with each other, causing one of them to be disabled.

The solution is to use onload chaining, which is probably implemented in Prototype (included in Scriptaculous) or to use addEventListener (Mozilla/Opera/Safari) or attachEvent (IE). Unfortunately, the latter solution isn't cross-browser and doesn't work in older browsers, and the former solution is only available with a significant bit of code (or Prototype, which at 72KB minified is not small either).

This is the reason why the shoutbox shows ...loading..., because its onload handler has been overridden. It is also the reason why the chat might do the same -- it all depends on which onload is set last.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

asmith

hi,

I changed my site server.
CHess is working fine, just when I enter a board, Under "watching" it doesn't show which members are watching, the chat, the game all works fine, but just the usernames are not shown, what the problem might me ?

PLAYBOY

Is this good for 2.0 beta for?

If not. Then when is it gonna be available for 2.0?

thekid65

It's working fine with SMF 2.0 beta 4 on our forum.

Sabre™

Quote from: asmith on October 24, 2008, 02:27:02 AM
I changed my site server.
CHess is working fine, just when I enter a board, Under "watching" it doesn't show which members are watching, the chat, the game all works fine, but just the usernames are not shown, what the problem might me ?

Yeah, I noticed this when I installed it into a new site.
Sooo.... ditto :D
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

edi67

Quote from: thekid65 on November 01, 2008, 07:53:33 AM

you can link me your forum ? i cannot make it work in my forum smf 2.0 beta 4
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

thekid65

Quote from: edi67 on November 07, 2008, 07:29:49 AM
Quote from: thekid65 on November 01, 2008, 07:53:33 AM

you can link me your forum ? i cannot make it work in my forum smf 2.0 beta 4

http://caged-rage.com/index.php  (18+ only please)

Mind you, you will have to register to check it out. Our forum settings dont allow guests access to chess. It does have a couple of glitches. The aforementioned "who's watching" (which is no big deal to us), and the inability to turn off the "it's your move" pm function (I just used a rule in my pm's as a work-around to this issue)

steve in houston

im running this mod on 1.1.7.
it is a huge hit.  thanks!!!

any chance you can port a poker game too?

thegiftedhands

i tried installing the Mod and all i get now is Not unique table/alias: 'chess'

I know am to download from my last back-up but the silly problem am having is unzipping the package on my pc. I have tried uploading the fileZilla and it not working.
Pls, i desperately need a step-by-step procedure.

Pls. thanks alot

Advertisement: