News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian81

The Chess mod is crap it can't even properly track elo....What a joke

Paracelsus

Quote from: Italian81 on June 12, 2009, 02:17:50 PM
The Chess mod is crap it can't even properly track elo....What a joke

I had a few members complaining about the Elo not being correctly calculated... do you have a better formula for Elo in PHP?

Italian81

Well it works great but you do not lose elo (points) when u lose a game (this needs fixed)......Everything else is perfect!!

tfs

Quote from: drhamza on June 12, 2009, 10:20:49 AM
is there a chance for developing this mod to work at smf 2.0 RC1

if that's already available, please give me a link for that

It appears that this mod may have been abandoned.  The developer has not been heard from for a long time... that I am aware of.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

drhamza

i found this site using smf 2 beta 4 or something, and he's thanking feeble for the chess mod!!
apparently, our friend Paracelsus is one of the developers but he's not answering :)

are there any multiplayer chess scripts that i can connect them with smf?

Paracelsus

Quote from: drhamza on June 13, 2009, 01:27:16 AM
i found this site using smf 2 beta 4 or something, and he's thanking feeble for the chess mod!!
apparently, our friend Paracelsus is one of the developers but he's not answering :)

are there any multiplayer chess scripts that i can connect them with smf?

? I'm not a developer, I can't much on programming, sorry. But yes, Chess MOD works perfect in my SMF 1.1.9. ;)

drhamza

oh, i see

i tried to install it in a fresh copy of 2 rc1-1
well, it seems the only problem is minor changes in certain expressions, for example (i don't recall the functions) fontSize became font_size... pm => array  became pm_read or pm_write.......

i would really appreciate it if someone can fix these minor differences and upload the new version,  i don't think feeble would be too upset because he's already abandoned chess mod :D

i would've done it myself, but i'm checking php 101 lessons now :D

akbora

Yes I tried it too by manuel but there are lot of error.

Why no update to 2..x
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Samker

Quote from: akbora on July 04, 2009, 05:57:43 PM
Yes I tried it too by manuel but there are lot of error.

Why no update to 2..x

I also don't know why developer don't want to Upgrade this Mod to v. 2.0?!

IT IS A PITY...
Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

MATTEK

With all of the writers here I'm sure someone should be able to write a new one.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Yakon

How install this mod on 1.1.10?

lurkalot

I've had this mod (version 01) installed for ages now, and now we want to use it it doesn't seem to work properly.  Would this be since I upgraded to SMF 1.1.10?

The problem is, although everything seems to be working my opponents can't move the pieces, but I can as admin.  Again would this be due to using it on 1.1.10?  I notice on the download page using the parser, that neither of these 1.0 OR 1.1 versions are compatible with 1.1.10

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this please.

drhamza

maybe smf team can have a look at this mod and let another guy be in charge of it

Antechinus

I have this mod running with 1.1.10 and it seems fine, although I was not running 1.1.10 when it was installed. Are you getting any errors in your admin log?

lurkalot

Quote from: Antechinus on September 24, 2009, 01:05:57 AM
I have this mod running with 1.1.10 and it seems fine, although I was not running 1.1.10 when it was installed. Are you getting any errors in your admin log?

Antechinus, thanks I also installed this several versions of SMF ago.  not getting any errors in my error log.  I'll see if I can get some more players, and see if the same thing is happening to all.   

Joe N

Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."

My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!

Antechinus

It isn't worth writing anything for RC1 at this stage. Better to wait for RC2.

drhamza

p.s: feeble (the guy who created the mod) wasn't active since somewhere in 2008

lurkalot

Quote from: lurkalot on September 24, 2009, 02:58:42 AM
Quote from: Antechinus on September 24, 2009, 01:05:57 AM

Antechinus, thanks I also installed this several versions of SMF ago.  not getting any errors in my error log.  I'll see if I can get some more players, and see if the same thing is happening to all.   

Just a quick update to my post.  All seems to be working now.  Must have been a glitch for some reason.  Sorry for wasting anyone's time.  Thanks.

dand

Won't install on 1.1.10... :-(
Any help? Please...

Advertisement: