News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

Quote from: Paracelsus on December 11, 2009, 08:56:11 AM
The Chess MOD has itself a chat that works quite ok, so you won't actually need the shoutbox there. ;)

I've switched over to the shoutbox in SimplePortal, and have a "Chess Only" shoutbox (top block) on the chess page by using "~action|chess" in the Custom Display Options of the block.  It looks nice.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

peps1

Is there a way to have this MOD on a Forum version: SMF 1.1.11?

akbora

I installed for RC1.2 without problems. Only trouble we can not see chess button?
My forum is turkish utf8.
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

edi67

may be somebody can help me, i installed in smf 2 rc1 and all is gone ok but there is one problem when i start one new game, and i begin.
The first move remain always mine, i can move the chess where i want, but the move dont pass to my challenge, and the turn is always mine.
In some words the game remain always at the first move without pass to the challenge somebody have some problem ? or some solution ?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

busterone

Just curious- Has anyone found out why the leaderboard does not update for SMFChess2Beta yet?
I have checked my database and all the correct tables and columns exist. The games all work as expected, but when a game is finished, the info is not updated to the won/loss/draw columns. No errors in the error log either.  :)
I know I am overlooking it, but can't seem to track down what file that code is in. I have found the code to load the leaderboard, but not the update database code. I am probably looking right over it.  : ;D

drhamza

this mod has been an "orphan" for a long time now, if i knew the code, i would create a new one myself :( c'mon people, would someone take care of this mod!

busterone

No ideas huh?  :) 
It has to be something really simple, but I can't find it myself. Everything works except recording of win/loss/draw in the member table, and the rankings. The elo is updated. Very odd.
The leaderboard is empty simply because there is no info in the SMF_members tables for it to display.
I have manually added wins and losses to the database to test it. As soon as a game is finished, it wipes out the info that I had previously added. All three go back to zero. Very odd.

stog

hi could someone kindly up the chessblock.zip for TP -- the original link is broke ..thx
also is there any backgammon.php?
cheers

drhamza

stog

thx mate -- may your saturday be sunshine and smiles!

stog

doing a manual install on 1.1.11
but getting an error from load.php -- i suspect from around line 390
SELECT mem.*, IFNULL(a.ID_ATTACH, 0) AS ID_ATTACH, a.filename, a.attachmentType, IFNULL(chess.ID_CHESS, 0) AS chess_turn
FROM {$db_prefix}members AS mem
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}attachments AS a ON (a.ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER)LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}chess AS chess ON ((chess.status BETWEEN 0 AND 2) AND chess.extra =
WHERE mem.ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER
LIMIT 1", __FILE__, __LINE__);

can anyone spot anything? thx

drhamza

Quote from: stog on February 20, 2010, 07:03:31 AM
thx mate -- may your saturday be sunshine and smiles!
anytime
actually i had an exam today (yes we take exams on saturday) and it was a massacre  :P, but thanks  ;D

Bugo

Quote from: peps1 on December 18, 2009, 12:35:16 PM
Try this attachment => http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=225742.msg2664727#msg2664727. Perfect work in 1.1.11 and 2.0 RC2-RC3

stog

great thx - installed perfectly - even after my previous manual mess ups!

one problem someone might be able to help me with --- concerning the javascript clash mentioned in pages 4 and 5 of this board, that affects the challenge area.. i have ad mod installed, with a random script for info/ads that appears in the welcome area - it messes with the chess challenge (works if disabled). i wonder if s'one could suggest a snippet i could add to the html to ensure it doesn't load when in action=chess - i saw a php snippet mentioned but the ad mod area is html.

i could disable info/ads for chess players but i'd rather not- is there somewhere else i maybe should be looking to stop the welcome area ad block loading when in chess perhaps?

any ideas would be appreciated

could i add this ';

if($context['current_action'] != 'chess')
    echo '

somewhere before here

//Display ads on the top of the page
   $ads = show_topofpageAds();   
   if(!empty($ads))
      if($ads['type']==0)
         echo $ads['content'];
      else
         eval($ads['content']);   
   unset($ads);

in index template?
and hats off to feeble for a superb mod and hats off to you all for smf!

is feeble ok - perhaps living on a remote isle with a gal and no computer ;)

fixed thx see http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.msg2518073#msg2518073

asmith

I have 1.1.11 and I'm thinking to move to SMF 2, is it possible to have my chess history (games, scores and stuff) move to the new forum?

Bugo

Quote from: asmith on February 28, 2010, 12:35:19 AM
I have 1.1.11 and I'm thinking to move to SMF 2, is it possible to have my chess history (games, scores and stuff) move to the new forum?
If only manually move the appropriate values from the old database to the new ... Try it.

busterone

The old values will remain in the db after an upgrade to 2.0  You will have to reinstall the chess mod after the upgrade, and it will update the db to be used for 2.0. Use the one that is attached 4 posts above. However, I have had no success in getting the chess mod to save any wins/losses/draws on 2.0. The elo updates correctly, but new scores and the leaderboard will not update. The old scores continue to stay in the leaderboard unless they are deleted.
The game plays as it should though.

.Crazy.Face.

Great mod! Haven't downloaded it yet, because I'm not sure what exactly I want to add, arcade, this, or both!
Thanks for your contribution, looks like a lot of people dig it!

Valodim

works with SMF2.0 RC2, thanks a lot Bugo!

Andy1122

Quote from: Bugo on February 26, 2010, 09:43:25 AM
Quote from: peps1 on December 18, 2009, 12:35:16 PM
Try this attachment. Perfect work in 1.1.11 and 2.0 RC2-RC3

Great mod, works in 1.1.11.
However I do not see any text on the chess board and the admin section. The text section is blank. How can I fix this.

Advertisement: