SMFChess

Started by feeble, February 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

divecall

What files exactly i need to translate, for to have this Mod in my language ?

Only the files what is in the SMF2 RC2 package (inside "language") ?

Or something more ?

Because all my PM about SMF chess are empty....Sending well, but no text.

shaitanfr

Very strange thing with this Mod. If you deactivate template eval, all javascript hang. Tested with a fresh SMF 1.1.11 Install.

divecall

I have another error, after upgrading my forum to RC3

I never see some picture, it is always "working" and searching....(look at my attached picture, it is not easy for me to explain this error ...)

(when i put my language in "german". in "english" is all OK)

tfs

It seems like this just started after updating to 2.1.4, where if I uninstall and reinstall, which I occasionally must do to allow the uninstall of another conflicting mod, SMF Chess forgets the "Receive PM updates from SMF Chess:" setting.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

petesky

Hello ! Is this chess mod running on 2.0 RC3 ? I'M looking for such a chess tournament script - any ideas ?

Vichuu

petesky

Dear Vichuu - no, it isn't for 2.0 but maybe someone (maybe the author) has one for this version ?!

tfs

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

petesky

Seems to be removed on monday or am i blind :-) ?

divecall

Hello !

I am using SMF 2 RC2 with SimplePortal 2.3.1

It is possible to make a PHP-block, who show the challenger into a block ?

e.g
"[Member Name] is waiting for an opponent / competitior in the chess-area"

it must be nice, when the word "chess-area" is the link to the chess-page.

thank you.

ElaineG

I have just upgraded to smf 2 rc3 and I'm looking for a version of chess which works on smf 2
I've seen some people here pointing at a post where there should be an attachment, but apparently it isn't there any more. Is there a way I can get that version?
Thanks

petesky

@ElaineG

Thank you for better explanation :-)

petesky

@All

Can anybody give me a copy of 2.1.5 ?! Thx.

petesky

Hello again, any news about 2.1.5 Version ?! Can someone provide this version for download ?

petesky

And again and again and again :-) Does anyone has a copy of 2.1.5 ?
This mod would be great having for the kids in our school.

Bugo

I am waiting for an answer from SMF Customization Team. I would take over SMF Chess Mod.

petesky

All right - because the chess season begins and i didn't want to use joomla along with my board may you can send me pm ?!

Bugo

petesky

Sure - rules are rules.... *grml*

tfs

Bugo, I hope they allow you to take it over, of course with the stipulation that if Feeble ever returned he'd have some say in the process of what happens.  AFAIK it would be unprecedented to give away "ownership" of a mod, but it would be such a tragedy if this mod was lost to the SMF community.  I've been asking for a long time for SMF to assign "Stewardship" of this mod to someone who would keep it working.  In the case of SMF Chess, where a significant and important mod was apparently abandoned, it would be the right thing to do.

If anyone's wondering, the original author of SMF Chess "feeble" has not been heard from for two years.  Some of us have been lobbying the powers that be to allow the mod to be at least updated by someone to keep it viable and working with SMF 2+.  The two year anniversary of feeble's last visit to www.simplemachines.org will be 12 days from today.  Hopefully we'll hear by then if something can be done.

Regardless of what happens, many thanks and kudos to Bugo for supporting the SMF Chess community.

Advertisement: