Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perpetuallove

Quote from: JohnyB on March 03, 2008, 05:17:50 AM
Quote from: perpetuallove on March 03, 2008, 04:11:02 AM
That would be awesome if you would do that for me :) but i cant find it! I dont see that file in the themes folder I am using or in the default? hmmm......

Hi again Perpetuallove. You can find the Load.php in the Sources folder and not default folder. You can attach here so I can look at it and make the changes for you.

I found it- im sorry... i dont know why i guess i thought it would be somewhere in a theme folder? here it is, thanks so much!! :)

Bulakbol

Hi again Perpetuallove. I downloaded your attached Load.php and am looking at it now

<EDIT>
  Here's your Load.php. Hope it will work now.
</EDIT>

Thanks for trying this mod.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

perpetuallove

ok so it kinda works= but this is what it did. it added 3 stars to my section- and another member- it deleted her first one and added the star.

Is there a way to make it not show the name of the ranks? like just show the image associated with it?

<edit>
i clicked the button to have it show additional membergroups- and this is what it did to the girl that it shows above

Bulakbol

Hi Perpetuallove. Now I want to see your Display.template.php.  ;) The mod could be installed twice or more. Attach your Display.template.php to your post and a link to your site will also help.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

perpetuallove

ok i didnt have one in my theme's folder so i got you the default one- will that work ? :)

The link to my forum  is

http://www.perpetuallove.net/forums/SMF/

But you cant see anything unless your a member- so u can use my tester acct if u need to log in :) ill change the password and send it to you in a PM i hope thats ok :)

Bulakbol

Thanks Perpetuallove. I'll check your Duisplay.template.php. If you don;t have one in your theme's folder, then it must be using the one in default. folder. I'll get back you a.s.a.p.

<EDIT>
Here's your modified Display.template.php Perpetuallove. It was installed 3 times.  ;)
</EDIT>

Thanks for trying this mod.

perpetuallove

ok i got it- so how long do you think it should take to work? cuz i deleted that other file and uploaded the one u fixed for me, but its been abt 10 minutes and it still says it cant load it? :)

(editing)
Um ok so i see what may be the deal . there were 2 of those files- one it would let me edit the other it wouldnt- it was just a download i guess? i deleted the one i could edit and was trying to upload the new one, but it says its uploaded and i look and its not? the only one that shows is

display.template.php~

(it does have that little thing after it )

Bulakbol

Quote from: perpetuallove on March 04, 2008, 10:50:54 PM
ok i got it- so how long do you think it should take to work? cuz i deleted that other file and uploaded the one u fixed for me, but its been abt 10 minutes and it still says it cant load it? :)

uh uh. It should load at once.  Are you sure it wasn't uploaded as txt?

<EDIT>
The one with ~ (tilde) is a backup file.
</EDIT>

perpetuallove

um no it says .php at the end- its the one i downloaded from you :) but it says its uploaded and i go look at my file manager and its not there :(

Bulakbol

How did you uploaded it? Did you use FTP program? Or does your host allow you to upload?

perpetuallove

yah it does- i was able to do the other file with no problem :) Since its just one i uploaded it thru my host- do i need to try ftp?

Bulakbol

Quote from: perpetuallove on March 04, 2008, 11:00:30 PM
yah it does- i was able to do the other file with no problem :) Since its just one i uploaded it thru my host- do i need to try ftp?

Yes, try FTP because I always use FTP when I upload files to my host.

perpetuallove

hmm i tried ftp and it said that file was already there- so i deleted it and uploaded the new one, and its saying this:

[20:17:28] SIZE display.template.php
[20:17:28] 550  /soldiers_wife13/forums/SMF/Themes/default/display.template.php: not a plain file.
[20:17:28] CWD /soldiers_wife13/forums/SMF/Themes/default/display.template.php
[20:17:29] 550 /soldiers_wife13/forums/SMF/Themes/default/display.template.php: No such file or directory.

:(

its still not working?

(edit)
I got it to work- i had to rename it and make it a capital D :) Thanks sooo soo much for your help!

Bulakbol

Let me check if it working. I'm going to login. Will that be okay to you?

<EDIT>
awww I went in haha. Yes. I saw it working. That's great! If you need more help, just yell.  :D
Nice site.
</EDIT>

perpetuallove

yah its working- but somethings not right  ???
here is how i want it to look- i want the regular category on top (for me its admin- for the other girls its e1,e2,etc ) and the secondary membergroup- which is army, navy, etc- to be on bottom- even if its the other way around that would be fine. The e1,e2 etc are based on posts- the army, navy, etc are not. here is mine- it looks right:

and this is how it looks in my profile-

This is another girls- and im not sure what happened/why it did this- but i looked in the membergroups and its not letting me change it. Hers should have an e4 above the army :)

any ideas?

Also- that CSIAngel- she has her own little board in there that she is the moderator of- but it wont let her moderate it now. Can i not have it to where all the girls are members of 2 groups- and then make certain ones moderators of their own section?

Bulakbol

Hi Perpetuallove. One at a time haha. Let's do the top one first. The double ARMY is maybe because her primary group is army and you added an additional group also as army. That's probably the reason why it's double. Check her additional group if it's the same as her primary gruop. Remove the additional group. We will deal with the other one after this one.

perpetuallove

OK you were right- now the one that shows is just one Army, nothing else. So what happened to her e4?

Am I gonna have to go thru every ones profile to make both ranks show once i had them to the right membergroups?
I gave you admin access :)

Bulakbol

Use the e4 as the primary group or post group. Then add the army as the additional group. That way, they will both show up intheir post.

perpetuallove

oooooooooo oh ok i got that to work- i didnt know i could click no primary membergroup to get the e4 to show :) thanks so much!

How abt the part that she cant moderate her section? shes not online right now so i cant ask her if it fixed- i guess i might have to come back tomorrow once she gets back to me ;)

Thanks so much. You rock! - and so does this mod! lol

Bulakbol

8) That's great! It's all working now then ha. PM me when you need help for the moderating thing. If you still have problem with this mod, just post it here. Good luck!

Advertisement: