News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.0 Final

Started by [Unknown], December 29, 2004, 08:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnm

Quote from: Trekkie101 on December 30, 2004, 07:51:17 AM
Quote from: johnm on December 30, 2004, 06:50:50 AM
hi ive got a lot of mods on my board, ive tried to uninstall them but most of them are showing failures

so whats the best way to go about this?

should i use the upgrade?

You could, it wouldnt do any harm apart from break the mods, you may need to re-install some of the mods though and maybe replace a few other files. Just try, you can always overwrite the files anyway.

thanks for that to be honest i dont need all those mods the only thing i had to do is reuplaod the language files a second time along with the sourese files as my ftp client skipped them!!

is the ultimate shout box mod itegrated with this as for some reason it is still working?

Mark_Breznay

Where do Packages and Smileys get uploaded to?  A little more detail in the readme sure would be helpful.
Mark
http://www.americandragracing.com
http://www.sundayniagara.com
http://www.yorkus30.com
BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Errors of omission create dumb questions.

Vanish

Congratulations on your first Master release of SMF!

I would like to commend the development and management team on an outstanding job bringing this together. In the past 3 weeks I have been bringing some old IPB diehards to view my temporary forums running SMF. Each and every one is converting because of the feature set, speed, and lack of bloat.

Hooking into the code for portal and site development couldn't be easier than it is with SMF. The Package Manager makes adding MODs and tracking what is installed a trivial event. The support from developers and staff has been exeptional as well, right down to correcting and optimizing your customers' personal php code. I look forward to bringing more and more forum administrators over to SMF and seeing what wonderful things your team will do next!

[Unknown]

Quote from: Mark_Breznay on December 30, 2004, 09:05:38 AM
Where do Packages and Smileys get uploaded to?  A little more detail in the readme sure would be helpful.
Mark

To the same folder as all the other folders.  Why would you upload them elsewhere?

Vanish - We've already got more in store ;).  Thanks :).

-[Unknown]

warrior

TodaysXt

SMF,
Congrats and Thank you!, Thank you!, Thank You!.  I was trying to think of what my last yabb.cgi board was like?....forget it...Thanks for continually moving forward.  Happy New Year!
Xt.

TodaysXt

Veyz

Yeah, I forgot to say thank you!

It's very well done. It rocks! :D

chadness

Works great with Mambo, as well!  All I had to do was redo my theme changes in index.template.php and the language file index.english.php (per the bridge readme files), and I was good to go.

For good measure, I also added a valid MOS or die statement to index.php so it couldn't be loaded independtly, and I changed smf.php in the com_smf component directory to reflect the correct version.

Anthony Timberlake

Very nice, I have been using the software for about a few days now (used it on someone elses board for a long time) and it is wonderful.  So much easier to customize than IPB. 
Anthony Timberlake
Owner of hxxp:www.spikenetwork.net/forums/ [nonactive]

Proud user of the Simply White theme

Midgard

I LOVE YOU SMF! I LOVE YOU SMF! :) :) :) IT'S GREAT! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! I love you SMF... :)

John Slater

I have upgraded mine now and it works very very very well.

www.littlebritainonline.com/forum

Raitsa

My forum was using finnish language while upgrading, the upgrade script refused to move on from step0, i manually edited the url to step1 and then all went smoothly.

Thanks guys for highquality workmanship.

nokonium

Quote from: Grudge on December 30, 2004, 05:10:14 AM
Hi, the "downloads" on the download page here are not actually package files. You need to simply extract them on your own computer and upload the contents to your server.

Thanks Grudge, I've now done that and updated.

Now a secondary question.....

The update has over written the indextemplates of the classic and default themes (and the buttons >:( ) I know because I had to go in and reapply my mods. Do I need to do anything to the other theme indextemplates? AND........... do I need to reapply the php mods?

Jazhawk

I just wanted to add my thanx to the SMF crew to this thread. 

It is an amazing accomplishment to put together such a complete solution.  And to think this is only version 1.0.  The idea of SMF launching from 1.0, to move upward to version 2.0 and beyond is beyond comprehension.

To all those who developed, documented, stressed about, tested re-wrote, re-tested, kept the Starbucks people on stand-by and then releasing SMF 1.0, here is my personal thanx.  It is clearly the model to which other developers will envy.

-Jazhawk

Jerry

Quote from: Nyx on December 30, 2004, 08:33:41 AM
Quote from: Grudge on December 30, 2004, 05:42:27 AM
You would generally be better off uninstalling the mods. Otherwise indeed use the upgrade file and delete the mods from the package manager and start again and all should be good :)

i can´t install packages

Example:
Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive OnLineUsersToday.tar.gz:
There are no installation or uninstallation actions defined!

Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive TheBarOfExperience.tar.gz:
There are no installation or uninstallation actions defined!

Most mods work with 1.0, the package-info.xml file just needs to be updated. Shouldn't be to long before the authors do that.
Quote from: Diplomat on December 30, 2004, 12:29:26 AM
one question

can i use my same templates from my beta 5 (like display, boardindex, profile mainly) on final 1.0 or would i have to re-edit the new final 1.0 templates?
Would be best to re-edit the templates

Great news on SMF1.0 thanks for working so hard to get it out :D

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

BeSi

It is a masterpice!!!

All works on its best.
Mods:
- buddy-list 1.2 installation was OK, works fine!
- integratet chat 2.1 istallation with a failure, but it works fine.
  In the packetmanager it looks like if it has no effect 
   >>> Integrated Chat 2.1  [ Modifikation anwenden ] [ Dateien auflisten ] [ Löschen ]

??? any ideas?

But IMHO the best (for one time) was the updatemanager!  ;D

Best wishes!!!
--
BeSi

jmphillippi

AHHHHH  CRAP I got this error and cannot do anything

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: showbanner() in /usr/home/phil/public_html/yabb/yabbse/Sources/Load.php(1036) : eval()'d code on line 288"

Any ideas of what happened????

When I upgraded it told me that the upgrade was successful!!!!!  Crap

[Unknown]

Quote from: jmphillippi on December 30, 2004, 02:37:12 PM
AHHHHH CRAP I got this error and cannot do anything

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: showbanner() in /usr/home/phil/public_html/yabb/yabbse/Sources/Load.php(1036) : eval()'d code on line 288"

Any ideas of what happened????

When I upgraded it told me that the upgrade was successful!!!!! Crap

Sounds like you need to reinstall the banner mod, or remove the modifications it made.

-[Unknown]

Trekkie101

Try re-uploading a fresh copy of Load.php and maybe just upload the entire sources directory again it will kill the mods for you.

jmphillippi

well I cannot goto any page.  That error comes up with admin, login, home, etc.  If there is a way that I dont know of to get to the admin section to reload the banner mod I would.

Advertisement: