News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weightman

QuoteI installed this mod and everything is good, except the [Copy] button doesn't work on my profile. It doesn't copy anything at all.

I have the same problem, tested in several browsers....am thinking its a mod conflict.

Fustrate

Link to your forum? I'll go check it out.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

weightman

I believe you already looked at my issue and didn't see the problem. I only mentioned it because now someone else has it. But, here is the forum:

http://weightliftingexchange.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=39

Thanks!

Fustrate

If anyone wants to help test the 2.0 version, I'd appreciate if you'd follow this link to my testing forum:
http://www.fustrate.com/test/index.php?referredby=1

and register. I just need to make sure it's still functioning as it should.

@weightman: Try removing amp; from & and just leave the & - see if that does the trick. Better yet, I think you should be able to remove them from $scripturl in Settings.php
Steven Hoffman

Sudhakar Arjunan

Any idea, what would be specail in v2.0.

And try to shows most top referred in forum info center below recent topics.
Another Idea, Show the top referred of the day.

Thank you for this excellent mod.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Harvester

I seem to  have it installed and working fine. Thank you Yoda. Only thing I notice not working is the "copy" button that is found on a members profile. I click it but it isnt copying.

Fustrate

Copying has been a problem for some people... trying to work on that now.
Steven Hoffman

weightman

YodaOfDarkness, in case its a conflict with another mod, here is a list of all of mine. I know it might not help too much because I use so many. I know SMFChess uses Javascript but feeble, the author of that mod, didn't see a conflict though. And, the problem with the copy came before I added the drafts mod. Thanks very much for looking in to it. Maybe more people would use it if the copy works. I am actually surprised a few people have used it anyway having to enter the box and hit crtl-A and crtl-c or clicking if they are slower or giving up if they don't know how to copy and paste which still seems very common.

1.     Website Button      1.1.4      
2.    Treasury    2.12    
3.    Drafts (for 1.1.5)    1.07    
4.    SMF Gallery Pro Upgrade    1.3.10    
5.    SMFChess    1.0    
6.    Referrals Mod    2.0.1
7.    Ad Managment    2.3    
8.    Googlebot & Spiders Mod    2.0.3    
9.    SMF Gallery Pro    1.3.4
10.    AddThis Social Bookmarks    1.0
11.    Signature Area BBCode Buttons    1.5    
12.    Auto Embed Video/Audio Clips    3.1.1    
13.    FlashChat Integration    1.0    
14.    MCLegendII    1.1    
15.    Topic description    1.1    
16.    Expand Pages Mod    1.0    
17.    Todays Birthday    0.1    
18.    Inline Attachments    1.0.4.2    
19.    SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update    1.0
20.    SMF Gallery Pro SSI    1.1    
21.    RSS Feed Icon    1.1
22.    Automatic_Karma    1.0    
23.    FontandSizeDropdown_1.2    1.3    
24.    Buy Me A Beer    1.3    
25.    SMF Staff Page    1.5.1    
26.    Ignore Boards    2.0.1    
27.    Popup PM Message - Uses The Same Window    1.3    
28.    New Topic Button    1.0    
29.    User Email System    1.2
30.    Fix Message Empty Error For Embed Video Mods    1.0

Fustrate

I'm not sure it's the fault of any other mod... right now I'm looking at alternative ways to accomplish this. I might ever just change it to a [Select] button like the [code] blocks use, and just let you copy it yourself (which is almost as hard as using the internets!) :D

EDIT: Okay, I've added [Select] by default into the 2.0 version...

1.1.x Instructions

Here's what to add in script.js:
// Get the text in a code tag.
function referralSelectText()
{
// Hmm... think the ID will be "referrallink"?
var codeArea = document.getElementById("referrallink");

if (!codeArea)
return false;

// Start off with my favourite, internet explorer.
if (document.body.createTextRange)
{
var curRange = document.body.createTextRange();
curRange.moveToElementText(codeArea);
curRange.select();
}
// Firefox et al.
else if (window.getSelection)
{
var curSelection = window.getSelection();
// Safari is special!
if (curSelection.setBaseAndExtent)
{
curSelection.setBaseAndExtent(codeArea, 0, codeArea, 1);
}
else
{
var curRange = document.createRange();
curRange.selectNodeContents(codeArea);

curSelection.removeAllRanges();
curSelection.addRange(curRange);
}
}

return false;
}

which is pretty much a straight code rip from 2.0 - kudos to the devs.

Also change the onclick= for the copy link in Profile.template.php to:
onclick="return referralSelectText();"

and change the $txt['referrallink_copy'] in Modifications.english.php to "[Select]"
Steven Hoffman

Harvester

should 1.1.5 users use this modication for the select button too?

toups

Greetings, I just installed this mod, everything worked fine.. only thing is all the text where it would supposed to be (in the profile, while registering, in posts) is invisible.. I have added the new text into modifications.english.php where they are defined for those in my theme.. but it's still not working.  Could someone help?

Harvester

Quote from: toups on July 15, 2008, 08:01:50 AM
Greetings, I just installed this mod, everything worked fine.. only thing is all the text where it would supposed to be (in the profile, while registering, in posts) is invisible.. I have added the new text into modifications.english.php where they are defined for those in my theme.. but it's still not working.  Could someone help?

could it have something to do with the color of the text? if you click and highlight the area what happens? do you see text then?

toups

Quote from: Harvester on July 15, 2008, 08:13:22 AM
Quote from: toups on July 15, 2008, 08:01:50 AM

could it have something to do with the color of the text? if you click and highlight the area what happens? do you see text then?

Negative, the text isn't even there.. not sure why either.. it's defined in modifications.english.php and is there.. should be working :\

See for yourself: http://www.open-designs.org/index.php?action=register

To the left of the bottom box below image verification should have the text 'Did someone refer you to this site?'
and yet.. nothing.

Harvester

oh yeah. I see what ya mean. the input box and all is there but no label. hmm 

toups

Quote from: Harvester on July 15, 2008, 08:34:11 AM
oh yeah. I see what ya mean. the input box and all is there but no label. hmm
Exactly.. Hmm indeed.. I could just replace the $txt['referrals_who_description'] and such things in those with static text.. which would work.. but my forum error log would get mad at me methinks >.<

toups

anybody have any clue? :\

weightman

YodaOfDarkness, I made the edits you posted but it still doesn't select and/or copy the link. Could it be the second edit?:

QuoteAlso change the onclick= for the copy link in Profile.template.php to:

I took that to mean replace:

onclick="javascript:copy_referrallink();return false;"

with

Thanks very much,

Forum link where you are an approved member:
http://weightliftingexchange.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=39

Fustrate

weightman: I have no clue why it doesn't work, it's got me puzzled.

toups: I clicked the register link and everything looked fine - did you fix this?
Steven Hoffman

toups

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on July 15, 2008, 09:29:05 PM
weightman: I have no clue why it doesn't work, it's got me puzzled.

toups: I clicked the register link and everything looked fine - did you fix this?
Yes, still not sure what happened, manually went back and re-installed the mod by manual coding through the parse instructions.. and apparently it worked.. honestly didn't see any changes, I used find to find that should had already been there.. and it was all there.. could have been something to do with my cache on the website and when I re-uploaded the files it finally worked? Dunno, not going to complain.. working now lol

toups

One question for you yoda, not sure if it's possible.. would it be possible to only give money (shop mod) to the referrer for the referral if the referrer makes 1 post first?  I'm getting a lot of people by others referring them to get more credits (shop money) but half of them just come, register, then the member gets their credits so the person doesn't even stay.

Would be a lot better if the person didn't get paid for the referral until that member was active by posting at least once or something.. let me know if possible!

Advertisement: