News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fustrate

Quote from: enigma87 on September 08, 2008, 03:23:20 AM
Oops I know how to see another user's referral link, I wanna code a page such that, when i visit the banners page, the banner html code shows my referral link, When another person does that, he sees his own referral link... So i need the variable that gives "referredby=$something" where $something is the user's ID. I tried to look thru profile.php and i could not find where the code for printing out the referral link is....
$user_info['id'] or $context['user']['id'] should work if you're inside SMF

If not, just use
include_once('./SSI.php');
beforehand
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

enigma87

Kalimas

Love the mod, but I have a quick question.

I had been using an older version quite a few months ago. I recently did a fresh install of the forums and transferred the database over. The rest of the forum, however, is entirely fresh. I'd like to keep my old referral data (which should still be in the database).

If I were to go about installing this newer version of the mod, would it pull the info from the old tables? If not, how exactly would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance.

Fustrate

You should back up your database first, but the mod should work with your old data. If not, just restore the database and I can help a little more :)
Steven Hoffman

LHT

"Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version."

when i choose 1.1.5 or 1.1.6. do you have the manual edit for that? the package won't install over the package manager

fiver

Hi Yoda,

I'm still using Referral Mod 1.4 and updated the forum to SMF116. Should I uninstall the old mod before installing your latest?

Also, I have each referrer receiving 50 karma points for each new member referred. Is it possible also to add the figures in "Top 5 Referrers (By Referred Members Posts)" and add that into the Karma?

Thanks.

Fustrate

Quote from: fivearts on September 09, 2008, 12:04:30 PM
Hi Yoda,

I'm still using Referral Mod 1.4 and updated the forum to SMF116. Should I uninstall the old mod before installing your latest?

Also, I have each referrer receiving 50 karma points for each new member referred. Is it possible also to add the figures in "Top 5 Referrers (By Referred Members Posts)" and add that into the Karma?

Thanks.

I'd recommend backing up your database first, and then uninstalling/upgrading/reinstalling. If your referrals data somehow goes missing, it's just a simple matter of restoring the database... though I'm not sure if any database changes were made between 1.1.4 and 1.1.6 - don't think so.

I don't quite understand your request on the second part though :(
Steven Hoffman

fiver

I think it was Karlbenson who helped with some coding so that whenever someone registered, the referer gets 50 karma point.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=184291.msg1227263#msg1227263

As there are also figures on the stats that shows "by referred members posts", what I hope to do is - each time the referred member post, the referer gets 1 karma point, in addition to that 50 karma points.

Fustrate

I'll look into that tonight, I've done it with one of my other mods but I have to finish this essay that's due in an hour ;)
Steven Hoffman

fiver

Thanks Yoda,

Just found the right post with the code that I've been using since Jan.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=215612.msg1374328#msg1374328

CorpRebel

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on September 09, 2008, 12:57:38 PM... but I have to finish this essay that's due in an hour ;)

Good Luck with that essay! I hated those damn things back in my 'school' days.  ;D

Rick aka CorpRebel  8)

Fustrate

Just got back from class... forgot the damn thing on my printer, but luckily she's accepting it by email ;) off to work now, hopefully I won't forget my timesheet on the printer too...
Steven Hoffman

EdwinK

Can someone tell me what the latest version of this mod is? Downloaded and installde 2.1.1, but package manager tells me it's outdated. Is there a newer version voor 1.1.6?
|| foto-site ||

CorpRebel

Quote from: EdwinK on September 10, 2008, 01:49:24 PM
Can someone tell me what the latest version of this mod is? Downloaded and installde 2.1.1, but package manager tells me it's outdated. Is there a newer version voor 1.1.6?

On the referrals mod page it still shows it as v2.0.1. And the only download link I see for the mod (for SMF1.1.x)  is  referrals_1-1.tar.gz (10KB). It's what I have installed for SMF v1.1.6. Working fine for me. And I installed it thru the package installer.

He's mentioned that he's working a few more features in for the next update, though. Looking forward to those.  ;)

Rick aka CorpRebel  8)

Wasabite

I don't know for you, but I would use a more subtle word than "referredby" because I know that some people don't like to feel that they are used by other people to get something. What I mean is that it's maybe too obvious that it's a referral link XD

Sabre™

If you dont like the text, you can always go into your language file and change it to whatever you like :)
There are companies that produce a similar product, and they also use the  "referred by"  text.
To each their own.. ;)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Fustrate

You'd actually need to change it in index.php, Referrals.php, and Register.php
Steven Hoffman

Sabre™

lol  Yeah, thats what I meant :P  ahahaa
I didnt wanna have to go and look where, so mentioning you can change it, was enough.

Atleast you filled in the gaps lol
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Fustrate

:P I'm not even sure I got it all right... you also have to change it in the profile to show the correct link

I'd leave it how it is... anything else is just deceiving.
Steven Hoffman

Sabre™

Yea mate, I dunno about deceiving by changing the description, all depends on the change I guess.. but I agree to just leave it.
If it aint broke, dont fix it. :)
Or else, you might have the other saying to express..
If it aint broke, I can fix it till it is!
lol

The only thing I changed, was to move the users link to the profile area, where only they could see it.

I know...  this "hiding" it has come up often lol, but if it is to make a user feel comfortable, then thats what I needed to do ;)

Advertisement: