Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

QuoteIf you're using a non-custom theme I recommend the Modification Parser by Daniel 15 to get the manual theme edits required.

This parer only goes up to SMF 1.1.3

Just n FYI

Sabre™

Yep, that one hasnt been updated.
There are other sites that have an SMF mod parser, but since the ones here on site have been fixed, there is really no need to use any other.

The mod parsers on this site are where you download the package, in case you missed it.
You select your version of SMF, and click submit, that is when It will show you all the changes you need to make for manual edits.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

harrat

I have a feature suggestion for this mod that would work great in a lot of instances.

I would like to the referral mod integrate with 2.X subscription feature. Allowing each new referral to add time to a users current subscriptions, IE for every new Subscription from a referral link, the referrer would get 1+ month added to his or hers own subscription.

If this is something that could be looked into, even as a custom hack for the mod please let us know!

Thanks for the great mod.

taha116

Ok awseome MOD! How do i add a block with top 5 refers or top 5 referes (depending on refered posts) into Simple portal, can someone post the code
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
http://www.ngcigarettes.com/
~Taha116

anakmacan

Great  mod! im thinking of using it, for new year event :D

Oh wow is that you???? youre INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS!!  :P :P :P :P :P

anakmacan

oh.. it's an anime.. *i just wearing my glasses..*

taha116

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
~Taha116

anakmacan

taha116

Wow the design is awesoem how do i pull off sometinhg like that?, what plugins are used in this?
I forgot the name
~Taha116

Sabre™

It is a combination of mods that I see there.
The main being the [Ultimate Profile Mod], then I think the custom profile fields mod.
I have the Ultimate profile mod in a couple boards, and its defo something to try.
But it is only for smf 1.1.x at the mo, until smf2 is outta beta.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

taha116

AWww man, Well I guess im gona have to wait... (for the ultimate profile mod)

BEta already has a custom profile fields ability so that wont be a problem
I forgot the name
~Taha116

KahneFan

Yadda, would it be possible to add a link to the top menu bar which will act similar to the Invite Mod so that members can just click that link, fill in an email and send off an invite (with their referral code)?
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Fustrate

Yes, it's possible. You just have to limit how many times a person can send one of those emails in a day, or else your domain might get blacklisted for spam.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Sudhakar Arjunan

HI YodaofDarkness,

Have you saw my post http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.msg1798246#msg1798246 .

I miss this excellent mod.

Give me a reply when you are free. Thank you .
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Fustrate

Open Sources/Subs.php, and look for

'notify_announcements', 'notify_send_body', 'notify_regularity', 'notify_types', 'referrals_no',

Is it there?
Steven Hoffman

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on December 25, 2008, 01:22:59 AM

'notify_announcements', 'notify_send_body', 'notify_regularity', 'notify_types', 'referrals_no',

Is it there?

Hope the above edit to me, but i have uninstalled it earlier to avoid issues.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Amun

Hey Yoda,

I installed the mod with no install errors(on 2.0 beta 4) everything looked okay, but the stats don't seem to be updating they are staying at 0 and I had asked a few ppl to click the referrals link to see if it was working or not, so atleast I know it has been clicked hehe... and the link hits still stayed at 0

Also I been having one of the same errors as A.SK in my log:

http://www.darkvoid.org/dvp2/index.php?action=stats
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: referrals
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/content/p/e/a/peacefrog/html/dvp2/Themes/default/Stats.template.php (eval?)
Line: 260

I checked the /sources/stats.php and the code seems to be there
Aswell as the subs.php as you suggested to him

Any other ideas ???

Much appreciated
Thanks
:D :D :D

KahneFan

Yadda, I was wondering if you may have had a chance to look @ the integer issue. I'm receiving the same error on 2.0b4. It allows the member to register, but seeing that message first may confuse them.

QuoteWrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected.

Fustrate

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on December 25, 2008, 01:22:59 AM

Is it there?
Can you check for that?

Demonslushy - I'm currently looking into that.
Steven Hoffman

KahneFan

This is what I have in that section...

$knownInts = array(
'date_registered', 'posts', 'id_group', 'last_login', 'instant_messages', 'unread_messages',
'new_pm', 'pm_prefs', 'gender', 'hide_email', 'show_online', 'pm_email_notify', 'karma_good', 'karma_bad',
'id_theme', 'is_activated', 'id_msg_last_visit', 'id_post_group', 'total_time_logged_in', 'warning',
);

Is that correct, or do I need to adjust something?

Advertisement: