News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

Yoda, the #'s are still off and it appears we all gained 1 when the newest member joined.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Fustrate

This one will be run twice - the first time, just go to /referrals.php, but the second time go to /referrals.php?do

the ?do part will actually do the updates, if the numbers shown the first time are correct.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Fustrate

Quote from: mghq on January 04, 2009, 04:51:39 PM
Can you make a version for smf 1.1.7?
The installer has no restrictions - have you tried installing it on 1.1.7?
Steven Hoffman

KahneFan

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on January 05, 2009, 10:17:48 PM
This one will be run twice - the first time, just go to /referrals.php, but the second time go to /referrals.php?do

the ?do part will actually do the updates, if the numbers shown the first time are correct.

Hmmm, now I have members on the "top 5 by referrals" who, other than me, have 0 in their profile, but 2 on the list. And, other than me, the "top 5 by posts" actually lists the number that they've referred.

http://ipostyoupost.com/index.php?action=stats

Fustrate

Since you only have 55 members, I'd recommend fixing it by hand at this point. Just go into phpMyAdmin, make a list, and tally them up, and then just edit the new numbers in.
Steven Hoffman

KahneFan

Can do :D

But, will the totals continue to be incorrect? They were +1 to begin with for a reason... right? (not being a smart @$$, a true question)

Fustrate

Nope, everyone should start at 0. Something went wacky in the code, but I think I fixed it now.
Steven Hoffman

BOS4O

can you make .. when one user make a referral to gain a X shop point's ?

Fustrate

After you've installed the mod, open /Sources/Register.php and find this string:
QuoteUsing SMF Shop?  Give them money
and remove the // on the next line. You can also change 100 to any amount you'd like.
Steven Hoffman

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on January 03, 2009, 01:48:05 PM
I think you had it cached, and the refresh fixed it for you.

Yes i understood, but thats not correct. I got errors on my log whenever i refresh the screen to explore the referrals correctly.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.msg1863298#msg1863298

Do check the above topic once more.

I went on seeing other sites using referral mod, look at the one i have quoted below,

Quote from: KahneFan on January 04, 2009, 01:05:04 AM

http://ipostyoupost.com/index.php?action=stats

Once i expand the current month stats, it does not shows the referral for me . On there site i refreshed and it showed the referral perfectly.

One more doubt, i have installed latest 2.1.3 do i have to undergo the reupdated which i say today because i found there are lot of updates on database happened in the updated.

Do a needful thing yoda.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Fustrate

I don't recall any database changes in the new version.

And I now see that the stats aren't updating at first because they're not being loaded with AJAX.
Steven Hoffman

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on January 07, 2009, 10:24:07 PM
I don't recall any database changes in the new version.

And I now see that the stats aren't updating at first because they're not being loaded with AJAX.

Thank you for finding it out.

Hope you will fix this as early on your free time.

Thanks in advance.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Netizen98

After installing referrals mod latest version on SMF 2.0 Beta 4 Public; on Registration Page when I click "Find Referrer" link, it opens up a pop-up window for 'login', instead of 'search' window for finding a referrer. What should I do to fix this problem?

Fustrate

It probably has something to do with guest restrictions... are guests able to view the member list?
Steven Hoffman

Netizen98

I tried giving every possible access to guests & regular members. I still had the same result. I uninstalled all other mods & installed back only the referral mod, I still had same result. If the problem is access right why will the pop-up for login show up? Doesn't make sense.

Fustrate

Hmm... I've never come across this before. Lemme see if I can think of why that would happen...
Steven Hoffman

Netizen98

Installed  SMF 1.1.7 from scratch. Installed Referrals mod. Worked fine. However, as soon as I installed a couple of more mods on top of it, referrals mod started to behave exactly like it did on SMF 2.0 Beta Public 4 i.e. instead of search it started showing login pop-up window.

Fustrate

What other mods did you install?
Steven Hoffman

Netizen98

I tried several of them. For e.g. yesterday I tried installing Referrals first tested it, then installed ad management & advanced contact form. Then uninstalled the other two because referrals started giving problem. Now, even with just referrals left there it still gives problem. I tried with several other mods & yet got the same results. No one else seems to have this problem. In my forum folder pathname I have "~" but I don't think that could cause such problem, because everything else seems to work fine. As far as file access is concerned I am following the SMF installation exactly as given on this forum & CHMODs the reqd folders & files to 777 as suggested. Please give me any other ideas that I can try. Or better yet let me know where in the code to look for the place where it jumps to login window instead of search window after some install/uninstall operations.

Fustrate

Can you PM me a link to your forum? I looked through the code it uses, and there's no reason for it to want a password.
Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: