News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonick

Hi Fustrate,

I just installed the file you provided here on 2.0 RC1, it worked. However, it does not automatically log the referrer. Thus, on the registration page, they have to put the use of referrer in.

Could you please fix it, so it can log the referrer automatically?

thanks a lot.

Fustrate

I'm testing a new version, mostly rewritten... give me another hour and I'll update this.

EDIT: Okay, it installs fine and I'm not seeing any problems on registration or later. This is a combined 1.1.x/2.0 package, and you need to uninstall any old version before you install this one (don't worry, all data will be kept)
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

raiderray

I get the following error at the top of my message board directly after install:

Quote$txt['referrals_findreferrer'] = 'Find Referrer'; $txt['referrals_who'] = 'Referral Information:'; $txt['referrals_who_description'] = 'Did someone refer you to this site?'; $txt['referrals_on'] = 'On'; $txt['referrals_referrer_not_found'] = 'The referring user could not be found. Please double-check the name of the referrer. Or leave it blank.'; $txt['referrals_youwerereferred_by'] = 'By'; $txt['referrals_referrals'] = 'Referrals:'; $txt['referrals_referrals_hits'] = 'Referral Link Hits:'; $txt['referrals_noneyet'] = 'None Yet!'; $txt['referrals_top5referrers'] = 'Top 5 Referrers (By Referrals)'; $txt['referrals_top5referrersbyposts'] = 'Top 5 Referrers (By Referred Members Posts)'; $txt['referrals_referralsstats'] = 'Referrals'; $txt['referrals_referred_by'] = 'Referred By:'; $txt['referrals_link'] = 'Referrals Link:'; $txt['referrals_membersreferred'] = 'Members Referred';

I am using the default theme

Fustrate

go to Modifications.english.php (or whatever language you're using) and move the ?> to the end of the file.
Steven Hoffman

raiderray

Yup, that did it. Testing now, so far so good....

SA™

seems to be working great so far i have notice iots not updating

Referral Link Hits:

also my profile didnt look write

put the referals code befor

echo '
         </dl>';

pictures will explain it better
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Fustrate

is it a custom Profile.template.php?

And I'll look into the referral hits one
Steven Hoffman

SA™

no it standard rc1 profile template
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Filipina

Love this MOD thanks for updating it :)

I did a manual edit of every file and then I realized I have the Ultimate Profile Mod. Would an edit to the UltimateProfile.template.php file be enough to make it show in these profiles as well, or would I need additional edits of other files?  If it is just that file can you tell me what I would need to edit? Thanks for any assistance :)

Fustrate

I think there's something about that a few pages back... I'm in a hurry to finish some thing so I can't look, but it shouldn't be too far back from the end.
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

Hi Fustrate,

I have the same problem as before, After uninstall and re-installed the new update. I have the same problem, the referrer name does not log automatically. They have to type it on the field.

Could you please check it again?

Thanks a lot

Fustrate

Quote from: viet on April 10, 2009, 06:44:39 PM
Hi Fustrate,

I have the same problem as before, After uninstall and re-installed the new update. I have the same problem, the referrer name does not log automatically. They have to type it on the field.

Thanks a lot

1.1.x or 2.0 RC1? I'm also looking into referral hits
Steven Hoffman

Filipina

Thanks Frustrate, I could not find the information but I was able to figure it out :)  I used the parser and added the code by hand on every page, and then just placed this code where I wanted it to show in the UltimateProfile.template.php file. I am no expert but this is the only code I needed for it to show and it looks like THIS

// Adds the referral/referred user information to the profile summary
echo '
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><hr size="1" width="100%" class="hrcolor" /></td>
</tr><tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referrals'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referrals_no'], ' ';

// Show in dropdown of those referred
if(!empty($context['member']['referredmembers'])){
echo '<select onchange="location=options[selectedIndex].value;">
<option>', $txt['referrals_membersreferred'], '</option>';
foreach($context['member']['referredmembers'] as $x)
echo '
', $x;

echo '
</select>';
}

echo'
</td>
</tr><tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referrals_hits'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referrals_hits'], '</td>
</tr>';
if (!empty($context['member']['referred_by']))
echo'
<tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referred_by'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referred_bylink'], ' ', $txt['referrals_on'], ' ', date("jS M Y",$context['member']['referred_on']), '
</td>
</tr>';

echo '
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><b>', $txt['referrals_link'], '</b></td>
</tr>
<tr><td colspan="2" style="text-align:center;">
<input type="text" id="referrallink" value="', $scripturl, '?referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />
</td>
</tr>';

daveaite

Very nice mod. If you want to see a working version : http://buypoe.com
The BuyPoe Network!

http://vbsocial.com: Forum Styles for vBulletin and SMF

Filipina

Quote from: viet on April 10, 2009, 06:44:39 PM
Hi Fustrate,

Thanks a lot

Yep just tested mine doesn't seem to fill in the field either on SMF 1.1.8

Fustrate

I'll test 1.1.8 right now
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

I am using the  2.0 RC1, it does not log the referrer automatically. I guest, there is a problem with the cookie. When I use the direct link like   index.php?action=register&referralsid=1. it place admin in the field. But then, I click somewhere else. And click register again, it is gone.

So, I guest it has problem with the cookie thing.

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

gremiopoker

Quote from: gremiopoker on February 14, 2009, 07:18:24 AM
I dont get the errors listed by me....is perfect :)

but have more little errors:

when guest click in REGISTER....using referral link.....referral field is empty

and if I try put manually the username on referral field i got this message:

QuoteThe referring user could not be found. Please double-check the name of the referrer. Or leave it blank.

thank you

I got this error again in new version... Referrals Mod 2.2.2 

I am using RC1

Fustrate

this is pretty frustrating... I tested it multiple times on 1.1.8 and RC1 and didn't get any problems... but I'll rewrite it one more time from scratch.
Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: