News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonick

It is great to hear that, and what is "guinea big"? (Sorry, English is my second language)

Thanks

Fustrate

"guinea pig" is a term for someone who is testing something before they know it's supposed to work... a beta tester, in other words.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Eclipse16V

Hi,

I have the same problem.
Quote from: viet on April 12, 2009, 02:53:42 PM
After upgrade the file, I don't have that error anymore, but, when I click on the register, the old thing happend again. The referrer does not log automatically.

after the upgrade to 2.2.4 it doesn´t work.
The same problem by viet. :-(
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Shonick

Quote from: Fustrate on April 14, 2009, 03:21:31 AM
"guinea pig" is a term for someone who is testing something before they know it's supposed to work... a beta tester, in other words.
Quote from: Fustrate on April 14, 2009, 02:29:20 AM
1 or 2 more days, unless you want to be the guinea pig :)

Yes, sure. This is what I suppose to do too. :)

Fustrate

This uses a different variable to keep the information... uninstall the old, install the new. Sorry about all of this =\
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

I'm sorry to inform you that, it does not work, I also get the message at the top
"Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /www/mydomain.com/v/i/e/t/viet/htdocs/test/index.php on line 178"

Fustrate

must've typed that when I fell asleep last night... you'd be surprised how often I have to "undo" in the morning after staying up all night coding ;)

go to that line in index.php, and remove the \ at the end of the line
if (isset($_GET['referredby']) || isset($_COOKIE['smf_referrals']))\
->
if (isset($_GET['referredby']) || isset($_COOKIE['smf_referrals']))
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

Yes, I did change that already, still the problem does not solve, noname in the referrals field. When I locate this link

http://domain.com/test/index.php?referredby=1 and then click on register.

I know that the version 2.01 can log the referrer name in the field. You can also check that back, just an idea :)
Thanks.

Fustrate

I know the answer to this one :D

Register.template.php, find:
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;
replace with
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings, $user_info;
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

There is two, which one should I replace? first or second (default template)?

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

Shonick

Hihi, thanks. the second one is for admin
function template_admin_register()
I'm doing it right now

Shonick

Still does not work, nothing in the field. Anymore idea?

Fustrate

Issue solved... I hate regular expressions. Try this, it's worked fine in my testing.
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

Hi Fustrate,

That is great. You not only solve that problem , but also improve one things. That is when I try to refresh the page. The hit counter still count 1 hit. In the old version, it does not count or count for each refresh.

Now, I can say that this version is almost perfect. :)

Thanks a lot

Have a good night Fustrate.

Fustrate

Thanks for helping me through this, and being patient. I'm hoping this version is stable :)
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

that is no problem ,and thank you very much for great work and helpful. I am using it on my forum now.

Eclipse16V

Cool

It works.

Thanks Fustrate & viet   :D
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

jaa

How can i install it to my forum im using extreme6 theme. thanks

Fustrate

First install the mod, and then select your SMF version in the dropdown on the mod's download page, and click "Parse". Follow the instructions for all (name).template.php files, and if it's not in your theme, just skip it.
Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: