News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBlaze

Quote from: DaBrute on September 26, 2009, 09:22:33 PM
Quote from: JBlaze on September 26, 2009, 09:03:52 PM
http://www.mysite.com/index.php?action=stats ;D
oh..i thought it was a link on the site to get it.

There is a link. Look on your board index in the forum stats area in the info center. There is a link called [More Stats]

Click that ;D
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

DaBrute

Quote from: JBlaze on September 26, 2009, 10:44:34 PM

There is a link. Look on your board index in the forum stats area in the info center. There is a link called [More Stats]

Click that ;D
good grief  lol  thanks

DaBrute

Quote from: DaBrute on September 27, 2009, 01:50:33 AM
Quote from: JBlaze on September 26, 2009, 10:44:34 PM

Click that ;D
good grief  lol  thanks
this mod by default adds the admin name without using the referral code. anybody else notice this?

JBlaze

Could you explain a bit more?
Jason Clemons

DaBrute

Quote from: JBlaze on September 27, 2009, 10:46:36 AM
Could you explain a bit more?
ok lets say someone doesn't use the referral link?  When they go register the admin name is in the referral box by default.

gman123

PLEASE help me I really want this mod to work on my forum but it doesn't work

It breaks my forum. Ideas?
EDIT:

And it says:
682:       </td>
683:    </tr>
684: </table>';
685:    }
686:    if ($context['show_spellchecking'])
687:       echo '
688: <form action="', $scripturl, '?action=spellcheck" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" name="spell_form" id="spell_form" target="spellWindow"><input type="hidden" name="spellstring" value="" /></form>';
689: }
690:

691: ?>

692:
693:

Sabre™

It is most likely you've forgotten to add a  }
Attach your display.template.php for somebody to fix it for you.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

gman123

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 09, 2009, 04:57:03 PM
It is most likely you've forgotten to add a  }
Attach your display.template.php for somebody to fix it for you.
I didn't manually install it but ok. I'll attach it!

Sabre™

Looking at that template, to put things short and simple, it is buggered, but not unfixable.
You have duplicate code, multiple code that has been canceled out, and a bit of work to do fixing it up.
None of which have anything to do with this mod.
This mod isn't even installed into that template.
I suggest going over it, and fixing it, then search your other templates to remove any other duplicates you have.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

gman123

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 09, 2009, 08:31:23 PM
Looking at that template, to put things short and simple, it is buggered, but not unfixable.
You have duplicate code, multiple code that has been canceled out, and a bit of work to do fixing it up.
None of which have anything to do with this mod.
This mod isn't even installed into that template.
I suggest going over it, and fixing it, then search your other templates to remove any other duplicates you have.

How come it didn't happen untill I installed this mod? Instantly?

Sabre™

I dont know mate, did you install another mod before this one, before going to a topic and checking?
Because if you did, I can assure you that you would have received the same error.
I can tell this just by looking at your code.
When you install a mod, check the areas it adds itself to.
To be more specific about your error, it seems you have installed a mod that does something with ads.
It is contributing to only one of a couple errors in that template alone.
I have no time to help you with cleaning it up, as I'm going up the coast. Whatever mod that is, get them to look at your template and help you clean it up, otherwise I may look into it tomorrow night.
Bump this topic tomorrow if it isnt fixed, to remind me.

Good luck :)

gman123

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 09, 2009, 11:14:56 PM
I dont know mate, did you install another mod before this one, before going to a topic and checking?
Because if you did, I can assure you that you would have received the same error.
I can tell this just by looking at your code.
When you install a mod, check the areas it adds itself to.
To be more specific about your error, it seems you have installed a mod that does something with ads.
It is contributing to only one of a couple errors in that template alone.
I have no time to help you with cleaning it up, as I'm going up the coast. Whatever mod that is, get them to look at your template and help you clean it up, otherwise I may look into it tomorrow night.
Bump this topic tomorrow if it isnt fixed, to remind me.

Good luck :)
Alright sorry. I dont really have enough knowledge in this field yet so when ever you can please try to fix it if you can. Thanks.

EDIT:
WOW I ACTUALLY FIXED IT! BUT still need some assistance.

I took the display from a forum on my other site and used it and added the stuff in. Hope nothings missing, what does display template effect? Just post?

Sabre™

Congrats mate!
If you think some mods may not be installed into that template, try uninstalling the mods, ONLY if it says the display.template.php has failed, and then reinstall them. One by one.

This template displays how many referrals the person has under their post count.

Good job :)

gman123

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 11, 2009, 08:21:02 PM
Congrats mate!
If you think some mods may not be installed into that template, try uninstalling the mods, ONLY if it says the display.template.php has failed, and then reinstall them. One by one.

This template displays how many referrals the person has under their post count.

Good job :)

Ya I guess it wasn't really any different then normal codeing stuff just figureding out were it goes or what it stands for but I'll post back if I need any thing. Thanks.

rtessar

I am creating a advertising social network using version SMF 2.0 RC1.2. I loaded the referral mod but nothing shows up. Is it supported for this version or is there another Referral mod I need to get.

Thank You in advance
Randy

johnsonbobby

hello , i installed this mod on my forums but when the link is clicked for the referal it takes you to a screen that only shows my shoutbox . the forum boards are missing . .
have a look .
http://berryaddict.net/forum/index.php?referredby=1

JBlaze

Quote from: rtessar on October 21, 2009, 08:43:12 PM
I am creating a advertising social network using version SMF 2.0 RC1.2. I loaded the referral mod but nothing shows up. Is it supported for this version or is there another Referral mod I need to get.

Thank You in advance
Randy

Can you provide some more specifics? Exactly what isn't showing up?

Quote from: johnsonbobby on October 24, 2009, 11:03:15 PM
hello , i installed this mod on my forums but when the link is clicked for the referal it takes you to a screen that only shows my shoutbox . the forum boards are missing . .
have a look .
http://berryaddict.net/forum/index.php?referredby=1

It does that on purpose. There is nothing set to display when $_REQUEST['referredby'] is set in the URL, so it just loads the site theme.
Jason Clemons

rtessar

Its shows up now in the stats area and if I create a link with my ID # it takes to the site, but its just the chat that shows up. I have a different them loaded but the default is what everyone starts with. It does not show up in the Profile pages for anyone. So no one knows its even there. It also shows  Referrals, twice under my name in the forums. Here is the link to my site.

hxxp:www.angelsmerchantmall.com/amm_forum/index.php [nonactive]

Right now the site is still in testing mode with a few members helping out. Just not sure how to get it working properly without taking the site down. I have already received the dreaded Fatel Error page, but was able to fix it up til now.

Thank You
Randy

JBlaze

I see that you are using Ultimate Profile as well. I have not set up this mod to work with UP, so it would take some modification to make it show on the profile page.

I'll see what I can do. However, I am leaving in a few hours to go on vacation for about 2 weeks, so I won't be able to do it until then.
Jason Clemons

johnsonbobby

QuoteIt does that on purpose. There is nothing set to display when $_REQUEST['referredby'] is set in the URL, so it just loads the site theme.

is there a way to change this ?

Advertisement: