Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Quote from: JBlaze on October 25, 2009, 12:58:25 AM
I see that you are using Ultimate Profile as well. I have not set up this mod to work with UP, so it would take some modification to make it show on the profile page.

I'll see what I can do. However, I am leaving in a few hours to go on vacation for about 2 weeks, so I won't be able to do it until then.
I would love it if you did too! I use Ultimate Profile as well I was about to ask how to move the profile.template.php code in there so it shows up for the user. :)

Would make referring much more easy for them.

Have a nice vacation!

rtessar

OK sounds good, I would appreciate having it working with the Ultimate Profile. Hopefully your back in time and have it done for the Nov 15th opening I am planning.

Thank You
Randy

Sabre™

EDIT:

If you cannot wait...

search for
// Messenger type information.

and add before it
// Adds the referral/referred user information to the profile summary
echo '
    <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" class="bordercolor" width="100%" id="info1">
    <tr>
<td class="windowbg">
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><hr size="1" width="100%" class="hrcolor" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referrals'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referrals_no'];

// Show in dropdown of those referred
if (!empty($context['member']['referred_members'])){
echo '  <select onchange="location=options[selectedIndex].value;">
<option>', $txt['referrals_membersreferred'], '</option>';

foreach($context['member']['referred_members'] as $referred)
echo '
', $referred;

echo '
</select>';
}

echo '
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referrals_hits'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referrals_hits'], '</td>
</tr>';

if (!empty($context['member']['referred_by']))
echo'
<tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referred_by'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referred_by_link'], ' ', $txt['referrals_on'], ' ', date("jS M Y",$context['member']['referred_on']), '</td>
</tr>';

echo '
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><b>', $txt['referrals_link'], '</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" style="text-align: center;">
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />
</td>
</tr>
    </table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>';

or the modified package is attached.
I'll remove it when JBlaze gets back.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

LC

Edit: Got it Working. Nice.  Thank you Sabre. :)

Sabre™

Yes indeed, it only means that another piece of code has occupied/edited the area in which this one is searching for.
If you attach those two templates, I'll edit an install.xml to match those changes, so you can add it to your package and upload and uninstall it anytime through your package manager.

EDIT:
lol
My pleasure :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

LC

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 27, 2009, 02:34:00 AM
Yes indeed, it only means that another piece of code has occupied/edited the area in which this one is searching for.
If you attach those two templates, I'll edit an install.xml to match those changes, so you can add it to your package and upload and uninstall it anytime through your package manager.
Thank you. I got it working now. Hehe. :) You rock!

littleblue

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, I couldn't find anything via the search function.

I have version 2.2.6 installed on my 2.0 RC1.2 forum (no other mods so nothing can interfere) and it works smoothly - the only problem is that the referrals count isn't correct, or I just don't understand it at all?

Three people have registered via my referral link. I see them listed in the drop-down menu in my profile. But at the same time, my profile and that stats page say that I have seven referrals. Where does that number come from?

Otherwise, fantastic feature, thank you :)

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

rtessar

well no matter what I do it still wont show up on the profile page. Just not having any luck.

Tomkinss

Please help:
Unknown column 'referrals' in 'field list'
Súbor: /webhosting/sosnito.sk/www/Sources/Stats.php
Riadok: 524

524:
GROUP BY stats_year, stats_month", __FILE__, __LINE__);

duder673

This is a cool mod, is there any way that I could set it up so that members of my site could pass out urls that automatically tell me who referred them?

A lot of people forget to enter referral information I have noticed.

JBlaze

Quote from: duder673 on November 05, 2009, 11:46:41 AM
This is a cool mod, is there any way that I could set it up so that members of my site could pass out urls that automatically tell me who referred them?

A lot of people forget to enter referral information I have noticed.

In each members profile, there is a link that has ?referredby=2 where 2 is the id of that member. When someone clicks that link and registers, it automatically sets that id as the referrer.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

kalibugan

help, some text are missing after i have successfully installed the mod. i highlighted in YELLOW where the text are suppose to appear.

- thanks!

JBlaze

Quote from: kalibugan on November 05, 2009, 06:23:07 PM
help, some text are missing after i have successfully installed the mod. i highlighted in YELLOW where the text are suppose to appear.

- thanks!

This mod doesn't have translations for your language. If you would like to submit a translation, then by all means please do so.
Jason Clemons

littleblue

Quote from: littleblue on October 28, 2009, 03:15:58 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed already, I couldn't find anything via the search function.

I have version 2.2.6 installed on my 2.0 RC1.2 forum (no other mods so nothing can interfere) and it works smoothly - the only problem is that the referrals count isn't correct, or I just don't understand it at all?

Three people have registered via my referral link. I see them listed in the drop-down menu in my profile. But at the same time, my profile and that stats page say that I have seven referrals. Where does that number come from?

Otherwise, fantastic feature, thank you :)

Is this a known issue, and is there any fix for it?

TurtleKicker

Is there a known status for this mod on SMF2 RC2?

Spoogs

Quote from: sremick on November 12, 2009, 03:58:03 PM
Is there a known status for this mod on SMF2 RC2?
same question here

JBlaze

I'm slowly getting around to updating all mods to work with RC2. ;D
Jason Clemons

oistarbwoy

perhaps  am asking a stupid question so figive me if i am.

In the load template there is a part called hidden easter eggs where by removing he // you can set the referal mod to award karma and/or shop money. Its worded as referal link hits.

so i am wondering are the points awarded for everytime the referal link is clicked or everytime a sucsessfull referal sign up happens?

thanks ifanyone knows the answer.

JBlaze

The way the mod works by default is that a referral point is only given once someone signs up using the link someone gave them or by inputting their name on the registration screen.

The part you mention is left in the code for possible later use, or if you really know what you are doing. What this does is give a referral point for every time a member's link is clicked. This can be easily faked, so it is not a default option.
Jason Clemons

Advertisement: