Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Hey there, I am using the referrals mod on a custom themed 1.1.10 and the link the mod provides for people to promote with is only directing them to a page that does not exist on the forum, but is showing the menu, etc. Shouldn't this link take them to the register page?

I tried doing a search for this topic, but had no luck, sorry if I am asking something someone else has already.

You can see what I mean here.

http://ladychaosdnb.com/index.php?referredby=1

Is there a way I can fix this? if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

oistarbwoy

Quote from: JBlaze on November 21, 2009, 05:27:13 AM
The way the mod works by default is that a referral point is only given once someone signs up using the link someone gave them or by inputting their name on the registration screen.

The part you mention is left in the code for possible later use, or if you really know what you are doing. What this does is give a referral point for every time a member's link is clicked. This can be easily faked, so it is not a default option.

oh well i actually wanted it to give 1 point every time somebody clicked their referal but when i removed the slashes nothing happened...

anyway i was also wondering how many points they get for a sign up aswell.

LC

Quote from: LadyChaos on November 22, 2009, 07:55:03 PM
Hey there, I am using the referrals mod on a custom themed 1.1.10 and the link the mod provides for people to promote with is only directing them to a page that does not exist on the forum, but is showing the menu, etc. Shouldn't this link take them to the register page?

I tried doing a search for this topic, but had no luck, sorry if I am asking something someone else has already.

You can see what I mean here.

http://ladychaosdnb.com/index.php?referredby=1

Is there a way I can fix this? if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Any help for this? It's been a day, I'd like to be able to use this mod properly.

JBlaze

I'm very busy. I don't see myself updating this mod for some time. Sorry.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

LC

Quote from: JBlaze on November 23, 2009, 07:15:23 PM

Oh so this is an issue with the mod and not my Newb skills? Alright. Thanks anyway.

JBlaze

Quote from: LadyChaos on November 23, 2009, 07:18:15 PM

Oh so this is an issue with the mod and not my Newb skills? Alright. Thanks anyway.

Yep. See: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.msg2326411#msg2326411
Jason Clemons

LC

Quote from: JBlaze on November 23, 2009, 07:20:13 PM
Quote from: LadyChaos on November 23, 2009, 07:18:15 PM

Yep. See: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.msg2326411#msg2326411

Oh. Well I will just have to put up with what it does then. I thought it was me. lol Thanks Jblaze.

Sabre™

Try changing in your Profile.template.php or UltimateProfile.template.php
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />

to
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?action=register;referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

JBlaze

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 23, 2009, 07:57:02 PM
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />

to
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?action=register;referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />

Yep. That will work :)
Jason Clemons

Sabre™

Might be good to add that slight change in the next update, seems a bit more efficient, and also will result in one less question lol ;)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

JBlaze

Will do when I get around to porting for RC2
Jason Clemons

LC

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 23, 2009, 07:57:02 PM

to

Thanks Sabre. It worked like a charm.  ;)

Eclipse16V

Please update it for SMF 2.0 RC2

Thx
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

4b11l

SactoEric

I just upgraded to 1.1.11 and installed Referrals Mod for the first time. Right now it's showing up twice in the profile, stats, registration, etc. I can't find any duplicate code and I've gone over it several times... When I first installed it I had some seemingly typical errors that have been resolved, but I can't find the root of this problem. And it may be completely obvious to a new set of eyes ;)

**Edit**
Please disregard. I downloaded the files from the server and found the duplicate code.

Amendoim

Plz make one actualization to the version SMF 2.0RC2

It is really importante

Tks
Versão 2.0 RC2 Portuguese_Pt

Simple Portal 2.3 Portuguese_Pt

Em crescimento na programação :)

http://www.gamextuga.com

JBlaze

Quote from: Amendoim on December 17, 2009, 11:14:56 AM

It is really importante

Tks

I'm in the process of updating all my mods. Please be patient.
Jason Clemons

Amendoim

Quote from: JBlaze on December 17, 2009, 02:56:40 PM

It is really importante

Tks

Thank you first of all, I look forward to the update of the MOD, it displays need it urgent to carry out a project:)
Versão 2.0 RC2 Portuguese_Pt

Simple Portal 2.3 Portuguese_Pt

Em crescimento na programação :)

http://www.gamextuga.com

smp420

Quote from: Jingle Blaze on December 17, 2009, 02:56:40 PM

It is really importante

Tks

Thanks JB I really want this mod.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

Advertisement: