News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Username I believe but not 100% on that.

Afro

Vb, i want to remove the code block on the /Themes/default/Register.template.php.

I dont need the "who referred you" option there.

how does that affect anything about the mod ?

sometimes or most of the time, new members dont know the forum name of the person who referred them ..

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Afro

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 25, 2010, 03:52:38 PM
Not sure didn't make the mod orginally.

But could that option of "who referred you" on the registration page be made to have "enable" and "disable" from the admin cp ?

phpshiva

wen someone clicks on the link then its ok but wen someone puts in the  display name of the referring member then its not showing anything.
Can you tell me what wrong?
wen i look in database its also not there.

~DS~

vbgamer45 is there a way not to show referrals on topics/posts?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

pointalk

I want this feature

1.Admin can see all members referrals number.
2.Display Top 10 Referrers every week (By Referrals) and Top 10 Referrers every month (By Referrals)
at Forum Stats.
So that I can start a refferal contest.

Can you help me,vbgamer45

vbgamer45

Not at the moment busy with other projects.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Afro

http://www.afrowall.com/index.php?amp;action=register;sa=usernamecheck;xml;username=ohazeez
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: server
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 799

Whats the fix  for this error, it happens when someone uses a referral link to register.

here is line 799 of subs.php
if ($context['server']['is_windows'] && strpos($str, '%e') !== false)

Vincent Volmer

Thanks vb for this great mod!
Quote from: pointalk on May 06, 2010, 07:46:39 PM
2.Display Top 10 Referrers every week (By Referrals) and Top 10 Referrers every month (By Referrals)
at Forum Stats.
So that I can start a refferal contest.

Would be a great feature! We'd like to give our members, after lets say 5 referrals,  a free item from the SMFStore. Therefore it would be helpfully to have a list of 'total referrals by members' and not only a Top5, if possible.

Vincent

Vincent Volmer

Quote from: Afro on May 07, 2010, 08:06:18 AM

Whats the fix  for this error, it happens when someone uses a referral link to register.

I have the same error in the log. For one registration it puts this error 13 times in the log

Vincent

Afro

Quote from: Vincent Volmer on May 08, 2010, 06:23:48 AM
Quote from: Afro on May 07, 2010, 08:06:18 AM

I have the same error in the log. For one registration is puts it 13 times in the log

Vincent
Lets hope vb has a solution for it then.

vbgamer45

I am not longer going to support this mod mostly like going to put it up for sale.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Vincent Volmer

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 08, 2010, 10:16:07 AM
I am not longer going to support this mod mostly like going to put it up for sale.

I understand..... You have a lot of mods to work on.
But could you please look into this 'server' error? For the rest it's fine to leave it as it is.

Thanks for your great work!!! , Vincent

vbgamer45

I don't see server part of the refferals code so probably is deeper but don't have time to look for it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I might like to buy it if it's not going to break the bank...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TurtleKicker

Please someone, pick this up... I plan on using it on my SMF2 forum relaunch and would hate the lose the functionality. :(

Vincent Volmer

Yes please...
Or at least someone who can fix this error. Or.... tell us that we can ignore this error. It looks like it is working fine.

Vincent

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: bperry921 on May 08, 2010, 01:23:29 PM

I might like to buy it if it's not going to break the bank...

I'm going to need one little fix before I'd consider buying it, in it's present form if a users account gets deleted who was referred by another user, there needs to be a check in the deletion actions somewhere to reach out and decrement the original referrer's referral count by one...

I'm not quite competent enough with PHP to tackle this in a time effective manner

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I'll do some looking afterward
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: