News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: bperry921 on May 11, 2010, 06:18:26 PM
Quote from: bperry921 on May 08, 2010, 01:23:29 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 08, 2010, 10:16:07 AM
I am not longer going to support this mod mostly like going to put it up for sale.

Well I've attempted several times with variations of the code used to add the referral in the Register.php file, so far unsuccessfully, help please... I'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee for a working snippet of code which does the job...

I held a contest on my system based on this mod and got fair results with a few minor aesthetic edits to the code in its present form, but the contest opened my eyes to this glaring flaw in the mod so I really need this fixed before I conduct any further contests based on this mod...
I might like to buy it if it's not going to break the bank...

I'm going to need one little fix before I'd consider buying it, in it's present form if a users account gets deleted who was referred by another user, there needs to be a check in the deletion actions somewhere to reach out and decrement the original referrer's referral count by one...

I'm not quite competent enough with PHP to tackle this in a time effective manner

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I'll do some looking afterward
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

vbgamer45

Yeah I just don't have time right now to look it over.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Quote from: bperry921 on May 16, 2010, 06:29:54 PM
Quote from: bperry921 on May 11, 2010, 06:18:26 PM

I'm going to need one little fix before I'd consider buying it, in it's present form if a users account gets deleted who was referred by another user, there needs to be a check in the deletion actions somewhere to reach out and decrement the original referrer's referral count by one...

I'm not quite competent enough with PHP to tackle this in a time effective manner

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I'll do some looking afterward

Since he hasn't got the time any of you other PHP coders out there care to take a stab at this? A paid job is a paid job, but be reasonable please I can't afford much right now.

It would also be handy if there was a bit of code added to forum maintenance in the statistics recount option that verify referral counts are accurate.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

codevarun

Hello I just installed the light dark theme then I installed the referral mod

Points To be noted:
Its not working in soft dark theme but working with default theme check in every browser
Even with the soft dark theme it is showing suggestion with internet explorer but not in firefox or chrome
Below is the registration link
I used the firbug  in order to detect the problem and found that ajax not working at all
Please check and let me know what is wrong.
www.talentsucks.com/forum/register/

Join: http://www.helponrelation.com/forum/

LETS HELP OTHERS

Kmam

Is there a way to get my members referral links back on their profile while using ultimate profile mod? Using SMF 1.1.11

droganto

Hello everyone, Well finally I found this MOD. I haven tested but I have a question. A lot of members already referred few new members, but since I just installed the MOD definitively everyone started at 0, is there anyway to change the Referral count to the right number?

I try the link but it goes to the registration page, so thats not going to work I think.

Like for example I have 1 member that is been with us since start and he had referred like 8 people, but since I just started the Mod it says 0. How can I change that to 8.

Quote from: droganto on June 03, 2010, 09:52:00 PM
Hello everyone, Well finally I found this MOD. I haven tested but I have a question. A lot of members already referred few new members, but since I just installed the MOD definitively everyone started at 0, is there anyway to change the Referral count to the right number?

I try the link but it goes to the registration page, so thats not going to work I think.

Like for example I have 1 member that is been with us since start and he had referred like 8 people, but since I just started the Mod it says 0. How can I change that to 8.

I can help you with that, but you may not like what you hear from me because it's not a very elegant way to accomplish your goal... actually, now that I think about it, there is an even simpler way if you are familiar with manually editing each members information directly in the database using mySQL editor? The first method I talk about is having each person who got refeered by user1 to delete their account and recreate it using user1's username this time, it would probably be better if you as admin delete the account and let them redo it, because many administers don't allow users to delete their own account anyway, and on the admin delete there is an option to delete the users posts or not do so, whereas on the delete their own option I know there is no such option and not sure right now whether their posts remain or not...

The other method is editing the database directly but if you're not familiar with doing that I leave it to the SMF helpers here to explain to you, I'm sure there's tons of info on it in other topics here, use your search function...

As a sidenote to other administers of this module, I have finally resolved the bug previously mentioned earlier in this thread, after a non-stop 72 hour session of cussing and hair pulling lol
:)
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Eclipse16V

Quote from: JBlaze on January 01, 2010, 05:07:22 PM
Shouldn't be long for the update. I am fairly busy so it won't be immediate.
Any news?
Please fix the errors.

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

droganto

Thank you Bperry, I will take a look inside the database and hope is not complicated to edit. If not I will wait until someone help here.

Quote from: droganto on June 05, 2010, 10:02:36 AM
Thank you Bperry, I will take a look inside the database and hope is not complicated to edit. If not I will wait until someone help here.

Yea that would be the best way to avoid much complaining from users, and it's not hard depending on the editor provided by your Hosting company... you'll only need to edit one field I think on the referredby user's account, "referral_no", and the "referred_by" field on each referral user's account...

Peruse through my posts in this thread, you'll discover that there is a major flaw in the default installed Referral mod, I am relatively certain I have the bug resolved , but I'm not a PHP expert yet and there is a lot of debugging code and un-necessary code in my versions of the files so I'm not going to post it till I go back over it again and remove that stuff.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

droganto

I cant find those files inside the Cpanel or the SQL

Quote from: droganto on June 05, 2010, 11:02:13 PM

Files, what files? If you are going to use an SQL editor to manipulate the database, the file you want is members, using whatever prefix you have set for it if any, that is the only file you'll need... what may have confused you is my mention of the previous threads here, my bad, i was just trying to let you know that there is a major bug in the current version of the mod which I have corrected in my system...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

droganto

Quote from: bperry921 on June 06, 2010, 12:26:04 AM

Files, what files? If you are going to use an SQL editor to manipulate the database, the file you want is members, using whatever prefix you have set for it if any, that is the only file you'll need... what may have confused you is my mention of the previous threads here, my bad, i was just trying to let you know that there is a major bug in the current version of the mod which I have corrected in my system...

No problem P I did find it inside the smf_members. Now I just need to ask the guys to tell me who invited who, so I can change the ID and the quantity. Theres another field "referred_on" and it has a weird number, I wonder if I have to worry about that number or not?

Quote from: droganto on June 06, 2010, 01:17:29 PM
Quote from: bperry921 on June 06, 2010, 12:26:04 AM

No problem P I did find it inside the smf_members. Now I just need to ask the guys to tell me who invited who, so I can change the ID and the quantity. Theres another field "referred_on" and it has a weird number, I wonder if I have to worry about that number or not?

the referred_on is a date and I'm not sure how to manipulate that field, it's a time stamp field and I think it contains a Julian date, i wouldn't worry about that one... it's only used in the referral's profile information

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

I have installed referrals Mod v2.2.7.2 in my forum.. now what need to do.. how it will work.. .???

Liam.

Quote from: Mobeen Janjua (MJ) on June 07, 2010, 03:03:17 AM
I have installed referrals Mod v2.2.7.2 in my forum.. now what need to do.. how it will work.. .???

Upon registration, the registree can select a user whom has referred them to the site. Similarly, a member can give someone else a link that will automatically enter their username in the registration box. Several other features are there - have a look around the screenshots, etcetera.

Mobeen Janjua (MJ)

Quote from: Liam. on June 07, 2010, 01:13:03 PM
Quote from: Mobeen Janjua (MJ) on June 07, 2010, 03:03:17 AM

Upon registration, the registree can select a user whom has referred them to the site. Similarly, a member can give someone else a link that will automatically enter their username in the registration box. Several other features are there - have a look around the screenshots, etcetera.

Yes I have checked these option but that referrel option is not available in registration from and also no link is available anywhere... Kindly suggest ...

Found another bug but it's easy to fix manually if you are comfortable with editing source files, just add the code circled in purple indicated in the following pic... which is located in Sources/Register.php

without this code, if a guest who is registering fills in the referral field, but forgets some other required field or if there is some error the system will credit the referrer anyway, throwing the true referral count for that user out of whack... be extremely careful with syntax while editing, and you may need to adjust for your particular registration required fields but the above should be good for most installs
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

kaamaru

Need Help!

Some of my members have referals as you can see on the stats page, but no members that they have referred show up on there profiles?

http://ihackmyi.com/iphone/index.php?action=stats

Afro

Quote from: bperry921 on June 12, 2010, 07:58:55 AM
Found another bug but it's easy to fix manually if you are comfortable with editing source files, just add the code circled in purple indicated in the following pic... which is located in Sources/Register.php

without this code, if a guest who is registering fills in the referral field, but forgets some other required field or if there is some error the system will credit the referrer anyway, throwing the true referral count for that user out of whack... be extremely careful with syntax while editing, and you may need to adjust for your particular registration required fields but the above should be good for most installs

nice discovery. i wrote the codes out . it works fine,

&& empty($reg_errors)
&& !empty($_POST['user'])
&& !empty($_POST['email'])
&& !empty($_POST['passwrd1'])
&& !empty($_POST['passwrd2'])

Advertisement: