Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: ledzepp on September 03, 2010, 11:44:14 AM
I wanna remove the link in the footer (Copyright), "Referrals by CreateAForum.com". Do I have to pay in order to do it legally, with the permission of the authors ?
Contact me to remove it small fee.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ledzepp

What version are you using ? I really wanna get rid of that copyright or replace it. CreateAForum makes my forum looks cheap and hosted by one of those free forum hosting companies.
Thanks

MS Modders Team

We have released a new version of the Referrals System.
New in 3.0
+A complete rewrite with new code for both SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0.x
+New settings to control where referrals are shown
+Improved package installation for heavly modified forums
Please do not send us PMs. If you have a question, ask in our forum.
http://smfmodders.com/index.php

Spoogs

Has the copyright been removed or replaced?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Spoogs on September 04, 2010, 08:08:56 PM
Has the copyright been removed or replaced?

The copyright still remains, according to the parser on the mod site :)

Good work team :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Vincent Volmer

Thank you for the new version!!

I found one issue on our test website. The new referrals are not counted. The referrals are still 0 (zero). For admin I see the 'old' test referrals (10) that need to be 12 now. But still displaying 10.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for your great work S-M-F Modders!!

Vincent

GAMBLINGWHORE

I also have the issue of zero referral as well you spelled referral wrong in your latest update - see this post for an image showing how its spelled incorrectly. I see the last poster has waited 5 days for a reply. can we get an update as to why the new update is not showing referrals?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=399988.0

NoumanQAli

Also, you have no control over the referral system as an Admin. If someone cheats, you can't reset their Referral Amount. They can easily cheat with the Same IP...

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: NoumanQAli on September 12, 2010, 01:20:09 PM
Also, you have no control over the referral system as an Admin. If someone cheats, you can't reset their Referral Amount. They can easily cheat with the Same IP...

And the new member will have the same IP address too, a simple trace IP can find out those cheating members.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

MS Modders Team

SMF Modders Team Update new fixes!!
!Fixed spelling of referrals
!Fixed link tracking for referrals
Please do not send us PMs. If you have a question, ask in our forum.
http://smfmodders.com/index.php

cdog5000

Quote from: S-M-F Modders Team on September 12, 2010, 06:28:55 PM
SMF Modders Team Update new fixes!!
!Fixed spelling of referrals
!Fixed link tracking for referrals
Still broken, I am not seeing it being added to the field when they are linked? Is this normal behaviour?

Vincent Volmer

New referrals are added to my admin account. When a new member is referred by an other member the referral is still added to my admin.

How does this mod work? Referred by IP address or membername?

thanks,
Vincent

uninvited13th

Is it possible to show who refered by a member?

Afro

Quote from: Vincent Volmer on September 13, 2010, 04:34:10 PM
New referrals are added to my admin account. When a new member is referred by an other member the referral is still added to my admin.

How does this mod work? Referred by IP address or membername?

thanks,
Vincent

membername

wooliwork

I was able to install the mod and it is working great. However when someone clicks on a referral link of someone it takes them to the registration page immediately without them getting a chance to look at forum. I realize they can click home and do this, but is there a way to have the person first directed either to the main forum page or the simple portal.
Thanks,
lisa

perfec2

The link it puts in the footer is it optional or must?. I want to remove it, but want to know if that is legal.

Spoogs

Quote from: perfec2 on September 27, 2010, 09:48:25 AM
The link it puts in the footer is it optional or must?. I want to remove it, but want to know if that is legal.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 04, 2010, 11:12:08 AM
Quote from: ledzepp on September 03, 2010, 11:44:14 AM
I wanna remove the link in the footer (Copyright), "Referrals by CreateAForum.com". Do I have to pay in order to do it legally, with the permission of the authors ?
Contact me to remove it small fee.

perfec2

Sorry I didn't get you. Paying you as job fee or the author requires fee be paid before the link could be removed?

Spoogs

I was quoting vbgamer45's post... so you would pay him (the author)

veranopage

how can i allow the referral totals to be show on a page that all members can see? 

thanks

Quote from: ~Kikoish~ on March 09, 2008, 10:26:12 PM
How to edit the referrals?

Advertisement: