News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Is there any way to get this to work with the social login mod?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3580

If it can happen I will probably get copyright removal and reinstall it....over 90% of my registrations use it and it just doesn't work with the referrals mod unfortunately.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

vbgamer45

Probably not. Since you are taken to a third party site. I couldn't pass along with information. Unless tracked the cookie and they have postback to process the signup.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Jade Elizabeth

But the cookie is set following the referral link, the oneall still goes through the rego process and still comes back to the site to complete it....so where's the ball dropping? Not sure I understand :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

JF3000

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

This caused my board template to error, will you be updating this. Installed to the default template.

vbgamer45

Does it say what line it errors on? What SMF version?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

well -- why the heck would you continue with the installation after that big red warning told you not to do so?

you may have installed to the default theme -- but you have obviously installed other mods which altered some of the code this mod is looking for
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WeWeF

Is there a way to change mod and when member register on the forum (with refferal link) he must aprove registration on email (activate account), than member who is referal get referal? I have members who send referal link, than someone register account without activate and login, and that members have refferals.. O.o Can someone point me to right direction to change that option..

Goodman854

Does anyone know how this could be done so that a member knows who he was refered by. Or if that's stored?

Goodman854

Quote from: br360 on June 30, 2016, 10:50:35 PM
This may be what you are looking for- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.msg3357221#msg3357221
Sort of. But I don't know how to query that.

$query = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
    SELECT value
    FROM {db_prefix}members
    WHERE id_member = {int:member}
      AND variable = {string:referred_by}',

Something, something result...

$row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($query);
  $smcFunc['db_free_result']($query);

echo 'The result is ', $referred_by;

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
+Clicking on the referral number in posts or profile now shows a list of users. That user referred.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

MULITRI

Hello,

I have installed this Mod in v2.0.13, installation was successfull, however when the first user has register, he has gained 1 referred accesing the forum normally thorught the domain url, and that 1 in his profile is not clickeable nor i can't find anywhere in the forum referrals statistics.

I've been reading almost the whole topic and i didn't found a similar issue, only this addon to the profile
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.msg3357221#msg3357221

but i would like to wait until i can know what's worng and why that member have that refred without referral link and no adding a member nick during registration.

Thank you.

MULITRI

Sorry to bump but time to modify has passed.

I have found that the referral earned by that new user was from himself, this shouldn't be possible, or it's a bug, or it should be added some code to prevent the user can refer to himself.

tanawat

1.when click Referral Link from user1 then click Referral Link from user2,3,...  then register
the system must use Referrals from user1 correct?

2."Track hits for referral link clicks"
how to seen it ?

Thank you.

vbgamer45

1. Yes.
2. You can't see number of link clicks only amount that registers.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: tanawat on April 16, 2017, 03:30:28 PM
2."Track hits for referral link clicks"
how to seen it ?

Thank you.

I have created a section in the site statistics page which tracks both the top xx number of users with the highest referrals and the number of link hits... easily adaptable to your site for a small fee, see an example of it at my site, also have the little drop down list of referrals a user has working on the profile summary screen too, the knuckle heads who choose their own username as a referral show up like a sore thumb but its not really their fault, there is a bug that allows that to occur, there's no validation that when a user creates an account to check to see if the referral chosen is already in the database or not...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

dztzy

Hello,

Is there a way to clean the referrals of a specific user? There's this solution but this removes from all users right?

Quote from: Fustrate on February 17, 2009, 09:44:16 PM
I've been really busy lately, so sorry for the late responses.

TJTELLEZ9 - either run this SQL query:
UPDATE smf_members
SET refferals_no = 0
WHERE 1=1

or create a new PHP page (reset.php), put it in your forum's root directory, and put this in it:
<?php
include_once('./SSI.php');

if(isset(
$smcFunc)){

$smcFunc['db_query']('''
          UPDATE {db_prefix}members
          SET referrals_no = 0
          WHERE 1=1'
, array());
} else {

db_query("
          UPDATE 
{$db_prefix}members
          SET referrals_no = 0
          WHERE 1=1"
__FILE____LINE__);
}

echo 
'Done!';
?>

and navigate to it in your browser.

I'm still working on the RC1 version, sorry for the delays.

vbgamer45

Instead of WHERE 1=1

Use
Where ID_MEMBER = ###
Replace ### with member id

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

schoolclubsforum

Quite a long time ago there were these ideas for modifying the register.php file to give rewards when someone referred another person.

Quote// @ Hidden Easter Eggs @
      // Use to give rewards for each referral hit      

// Reward with Karma
      // updateMemberData($referrer, array('karmaGood' => 'karmaGood + 25'));

// Using SMF Shop?  Give them money
      // updateMemberData($referrer, array('money' => 'money + 100'));

I cannot find the "Hidden Easter Eggs" in the current version of the mod.
I tried adding the code to register.php (removing the //) but it did not work and gave me lots of errors.

Has anyone got an updated version of the Easter Egg code that works with the latest version of the mod and with SMF 2.015?
Thanks.

akmoney

Hello . This is a very nice mod I installed it.

However I enabled the feature that indicates Reference link should appear in Profile. It worked fine but it made the mobile view on the profile page to become wider and not fixed. How do I set the width of the page to 100%. Thanks for the quick response in advance.

Or How to I make the reference link show in another page on the forum.

Advertisement: