News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Moved to new host and path tree is not a link anymore.

Started by mrtrick, March 03, 2008, 02:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrick

Any suggestions as to why the path tree would not be a link any more after moving the forum to another host? I did a full backup of the directory and database, moved it over, tweaked the db settings. Everything else seems to work.

IchBin™

You have a link so we can see? What version are you running?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

lordtron

Did you have any errors when backing up or updating database?

VainSoftGames.com - New Design To Gaming

mrtrick

1.1.4 - It's a private forum so I don't have a direct link that I can show. Here's a little snippit of what it looks like... same path tree, just not clickable. No errors during the DB or directory backup. Everything else is operational.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

mrtrick

The reason I need to get this working so bad is that I've got a much bigger forum that I need to migrate, if this doesn't work after the transition, it's going to be a huge problem.

Rumbaar

Please don't self bump in less 24hours, it actually delays your response as it pushes the post to the end of the list.

Now did you run Repair Settings tool after moving?
What is repair_settings.php?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

mrtrick

I didn't before you posted this, but have now. This has not made the path tree clickable. I did change a few paths to the correct value.

I apologize for the previous bumps.

IchBin™

mrtrick

Yes. It is not clickable in all of the default themes.

IchBin™

Nigel

Hi MrTrick,

Dunno whether you've solved this yet but I've just stumbled on the answer while looking for something completely different.

Look in Admin > Current Theme

There's an option - 'Show current position in forum as link instead of text?' – that makes them either text or links.

Hope this helps,
Nigel

mrtrick

Quote from: Nigel on March 09, 2008, 11:05:52 AM
Hi MrTrick,

Dunno whether you've solved this yet but I've just stumbled on the answer while looking for something completely different.

Look in Admin > Current Theme

There's an option - 'Show current position in forum as link instead of text?' – that makes them either text or links.

Hope this helps,
Nigel

Thanks Nigel, that's what it was. Not sure how that got changed during the migration, but this fixed the issue. I feel silly now!

Nigel

:) Glad it helped... and don't feel silly!
There's a million things I don't understand yet too, and they're always so simple when we find the answer.

Nigel

Advertisement: