News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFcentral.com is for sell

Started by J. S., March 06, 2008, 01:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. S.

Hello

Please excuse me if this is not the place for this but I want the community to know that I am selling SMFcentral.com, a 2 years old domain that I purchased some time ago but after decided not to work on it.
If you are interested into that domain please bid at ebay or contact me if you need more details.

Thanks for your interest.

lordtron

Some people might, wonder. Why are you selling it?

VainSoftGames.com - New Design To Gaming

Bigguy

lordtron

$80 to me is an alright price to me for a website.

But we don't know about how many people went to the website and whatnot.

Bigguy

Your not getting a website; just the url. I don't have that much money to spend on a url. :(

karlbenson

I was thinking the same.

If your asking for valuations. I'd have said no more than $40.  (if that).

Bigguy

Yeah or maybe even a bit less. If there had been an actual site on the url that had a good reputation then I can see it being higher but he stated himself he really never did anything with it.

J. S.

I am selling this DOMAIN only because I could not find a software that will do what I need, and I do not have the time to code it myself. I wanted to make it a place where people can come and register for a free SMF forum that will be hosted on the site.
The price is only a starting price, I am sure that it will get bigger. I had a similar  domain for phpbb and I sold it for $300. That one had no traffic, this one has some...

I will sell it on a starting price of $80, otherwise I will keep it and when I will have the necessary time, I will code it as I wish.
Considering that I do not NEED that money, I am not in a hurry to sell..

Bigguy

There is multi forum software out there. As a matter of fact I had a mod given to me awhile ago that will do this very thing but it is not updated to work with the current versions and it would be sometime I think before I could update it and put it out.

J. S.

I saw and tested some of them, but there is still a lot of work on them, they are fare away of being perfect :)

I have got a first bid at ebay. If anyone else is interested into buying SMFcentral.com, please bid at ebay.

Thanks.

lordtron

I would buy that name. But I am flat broke.
And I know I could get it running at full speed.

J. S.

There are a few days left until the auction will end... Who knows, maybe things will change for you...
I wish you good luck

lordtron

ha
I don't even know the next time I am getting paid.
So I don't really think I will be able to buy it.

Ben_S

Quote from: J. S. on March 07, 2008, 03:15:10 AM
I have got a first bid at ebay. If anyone else is interested into buying SMFcentral.com, please bid at ebay.

Cripes, just goes to show there are people stupid enough to waste money on nothing.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

lordtron

Well its nothing if you can't do anything with it.

But if you can do something with it then it can be a gold mine for say.

vbgamer45

I got was trying to get before when it was sedo but forget to raise my bid lol.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

HoTmetal

What did it close for?
Could of always donated it to SMF :D We wouldn't mind ;)

Kender

Quote from: rickC on March 31, 2008, 03:24:13 AM
What did it close for?
Could of always donated it to SMF :D We wouldn't mind ;)
looks like ebay closed the bidding and canceled the auction
http://chucknorris2012.com  Avoid a roundhouse kick to the head!  Sign the petition

TEOC2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Kinda sorta badly organised system.... *think*

SMF For Free, MySmf, FreeSMFHosting are all the same, with different TOSes?
But still the support board shows only one TOS that is inconsistent with the one given at smfcentral.com ....

http://www.smfsupport.com/support/report_terms_of_service_violations/terms_of_service-t6950.0.html

And to top it all, the moderators etc. on the support board all talk of SMF when meaning their own service.... It's kind of confusing...  :o

And look at this: http://www.smfsupport.com/support/suggestions/why_no_users_online_today_feature-t11606.0.html :P
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: