News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Spell Check problem... PSPELL couldn\'t open the dictionary

Started by hirschaj, March 08, 2008, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirschaj

I have searched these forums and google for a while but can't figure out my problem. I compiled php with pspell support using aspell 0.60. I also added the en dictionary files. Aspell works just fine from the command line but when I try to use the spell checker in SMF I get a blank page and the following error in the log files...

2: pspell_new() [<a href='function.pspell-new'>function.pspell-new</a>]: PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language "en".
File: /web/www.clubmcnaught.com/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1301

Can anyone help me with this?

TIA,
Jim

Rumbaar

Well this isn't really a SMF forums software issue and not really part of SMF support, but try looking at the php manual for that error and fix:
http://php.net/manual/en/ref.pspell.php

Also I'm surprised Google didn't have an answer/link, try a Google search for term PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary if the previous link is not helpful.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

hirschaj

So I finally figured it out. I needed to install the aspell-devel package to get it working. Hopefully this post will save someone a bunch of time.

Advertisement: