Forum Don\'t show japanese, arabic currectly

Started by arashfans, March 09, 2008, 06:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arashfans

Hello! I have changed my server and done a backup of the databse tables of my smf forum. After I changed the server, i installed smf Forum again and uploaded the mysql database with the backups.

After that i have the problem that i cant get show other languages like japanese, arabic and russian in my topics. It shows "? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?" and not that what is to show like .ترفداران آرش
You can visit my forum here: hxxp:www.arashfans.info/forum [nonactive] and see it under Talks category!

Can you help me please???   

lordtron

I believe you have to have that font installed in your forums directory.

VainSoftGames.com - New Design To Gaming

sherpa サイバー侍

Don't know how to write Arab but I just posted a topic in Japanese and that showing up fine with 0 bug

http://www.arashfans.info/forum/index.php/topic,191.0.html

http://www.arashfans.info/forum/index.php/topic,192.0.html

Did you converted the database and data to UTF-8 during recently after moved to new host?
Export the database from old host and Imort it again.

Rumbaar

"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

sherpa サイバー侍

Last time I converted my database to utf8 and that made all my post wrote in unicode ##%%$$$ so I have to dump my database again but just now I did again in test forum reading after Rumbaar post but this time it is fine. Don't know what I did last time

@arashfans sorry I provided you wrong information.

Rumbaar

You should run the Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters maintenance routine first.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

sherpa サイバー侍

I am not Bumping post

Just a line to say thank you to Rumbaar
I learn one more things today :p

Rumbaar

I'm not entirely suer I'm 100% right though :)  Be sure to backup before hand.

[ Themes ]

arashfans

Thanks guess! I have configured my database data as UTF-8 data and now it shows them currectly!  ;)

Advertisement: