News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I believe their is an option in their for that where you specify the filename.

You will probably get faster support @ simpleportal.net, the topic here is often quiet lol ...

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Chas Large

With SimplePortal.net off line still I have a fairly simple question about including variables in blocks.

I'd like to use a variable like {$member.name} (from the Newsletter help screen) in a block.

I've tried it in a BBC block and HTML bloc but it does not work. Custom PHP just gives a parse error probably because my php knowledge is poor.

So, is it possible to use forum variables in BBC or HTML blocks? and if so, how?

Thanks
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Chas Large on July 21, 2010, 03:54:15 PM
With SimplePortal.net off line still I have a fairly simple question about including variables in blocks.

I'd like to use a variable like {$member.name} (from the Newsletter help screen) in a block.

I've tried it in a BBC block and HTML bloc but it does not work. Custom PHP just gives a parse error probably because my php knowledge is poor.

So, is it possible to use forum variables in BBC or HTML blocks? and if so, how?

Thanks
I think the use of custom php block with smf variable is already correct and should work. You should however ensure that php disabled option is ticked in general setting to avoid parse error.

Tyluur

Look at www.crisisx.net [nofollow], they use SMF and they ask you to vote as a guest, and below that there's an option that says Click here if you do not wish to vote.

How do I get that? Thanks ;).

TheListener

If you go to the Vote link in their menu it wil show as a page.

It looks as they used one of the simpleportal pages to do the job.

waruna

Hello to Mod owner.

I want to upgrade this mod because I'm using older version of SP. So I have to uninstall current SP version, download the latest one, and install it in the package manager? Is that correct?

One more thing, do I have to backup files + mysql database, or just backup my forum files?

Thanks in advance.
Trust of Lust

Quote from: waruna on July 23, 2010, 02:19:28 AM
Hello to Mod owner.

I want to upgrade this mod because I'm using older version of SP. So I have to uninstall current SP version, download the latest one, and install it in the package manager? Is that correct?

One more thing, do I have to backup files + mysql database, or just backup my forum files?

Thanks in advance.
I guess the answer to the first question is yes.

The best is to backup both, just in case. But normally, you dont have to.

Quote from: Tyluur on July 22, 2010, 08:01:43 PM
Look at www.crisisx.net [nofollow], they use SMF and they ask you to vote as a guest, and below that there's an option that says Click here if you do not wish to vote.

How do I get that? Thanks ;).
That is not simple portal mod. That is a pop up mod. And it only replace x (close) with 'Click here if you do not wish to vote'.

MATTEK

Quote1.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./index.php   Test successful
   2.   Replace   ./index.php   Test failed
   3.   Replace   ./index.php   Test successful
   4.   Replace   ./index.php   Test successful
   5.   Replace   ./index.php   Test successful
   6.   Replace   ./index.php   Test successful
   2.   Execute Modification   ./SSI.php   Test successful
   3.   Execute Modification   .Sources/Admin.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   .Sources/Admin.php   Test failed
   2.   Replace   .Sources/Admin.php   Test successful
   3.   Replace   .Sources/Admin.php   Test successful

I'm having issues uninstalling this mod. I'm wondering if I could get a hand.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

I have checked your files but there is no SimplePortal mod to remove from your index.php. Or may be you put a wrong file here?

I have removed the SimplePortal mod from your Admin.php file. Attached.

MATTEK

So I should be safe to uninstall even if I'm still getting the index.php failure?
SMF 2.0.1

TheListener

Did you have an error on that file when the mod was installed?

If so did you manually edit the file?

MATTEK

Quote from: Brack1 on July 29, 2010, 04:28:20 PM
Did you have an error on that file when the mod was installed?

If so did you manually edit the file?

No. Simple Portal has been installed since day 1 and there were no errors on the install. It's just the uninstall. I've provided a screen of the errors ans the files it failed on a few posts up. My friend there says he could not locate any SP edits in index.php.
SMF 2.0.1

Quote from: MATTEK on July 29, 2010, 04:20:08 PM
So I should be safe to uninstall even if I'm still getting the index.php failure?
Yes. It should. But please note that whatever error you are reading, it shows that the uninstall must be done manually. The admin.php file that has been attached earlier is already clear of SimplePortal mod. So, only replace it when you have finished uninstall  SimplePortal mod.

MATTEK

Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 30, 2010, 12:41:37 PM
Quote from: MATTEK on July 29, 2010, 04:20:08 PM
Yes. It should. But please note that whatever error you are reading, it shows that the uninstall must be done manually. The admin.php file that has been attached earlier is already clear of SimplePortal mod. So, only replace it when you have finished uninstall  SimplePortal mod.

And you found nothing in index.php
SMF 2.0.1

Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 29, 2010, 09:16:36 AM
I have checked your files but there is no SimplePortal mod to remove from your index.php. Or may be you put a wrong file here?

I have removed the SimplePortal mod from your Admin.php file. Attached.

The index.php file should contain lots of other mods but yours doesn't contain any. It's like a new index.php file. You must have mistakenly change it or otherwise it should have no problem at all.

TopBrandGamerz

Ok so i installed the simpleportal and its taken over my forums and i cannot get them any ideas on  how to fixx this

Quote from: TopBrandGamerz on August 01, 2010, 05:28:15 AM
Ok so i installed the simpleportal and its taken over my forums and i cannot get them any ideas on  how to fixx this
Please provide your forum details, version, links, etc and problem details like when it started and what have you done before you faced this problem.

TopBrandGamerz

Ok before i installed simpleportal my index.php was ok i could go to catogerys borards i installed it and it took over index.php i could`nt get to my forums..

Advertisement: