News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I cannot see any error on your site. I cannot access it either.

flamechica

The site doesn't show the error my error log in my admin panel does. I don't know if the error has anything to do with it, but my big problem is that my "Forum" button is missing, so I can't get to my board index page without typing in the URL, which is inconvenient.

Your index.template.php looks fine to me. It is exactly as the mod normally does. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mod.

flamechica

Uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing....are there any other files that would cause the forum button to not show?

Also, another issue, I just noticed, when I disable Portal Mode, I get this error when I try to edit my blocks, but if I am in any other portal mode such as stand alone, etc I have no problem.:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sp_html() in /home/rsdlaugh/public_html/smf/Sources/PortalAdminBlocks.php on line 265

Quote from: ahrasis on August 09, 2010, 04:52:34 AM
Your index.template.php looks fine to me. It is exactly as the mod normally does. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mod.

flamechica

Quote from: flamechica on August 09, 2010, 05:09:51 AM
Uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing....are there any other files that would cause the forum button to not show?

As I said above that did nothing. It's still not working properly at all. I am getting TONS of errors in my error log all related to SP. I still have no "Forum" tab, etc.

flamechica

No other advice other than uninstall and reinstall, which I did?

nightyyx

Hello
i just tested simple portal and i need some help.

1) it is nice the article system but i want something different.
I want to have a catalogue with news in the top of my portal and eatch member read it from portal. and then if they want to comment to another board of my forum.
I dont want to press the link of article from portal and going to a topic on my forum with the article.
Any ideas if it is easy to change it?

2)want to my portal forum to have at the right a block that will shows the last 10 active topics with the recent post of eatch of this.
Simple portal have a recent post block but the problem for me it is that shows in the list 5 times the same topic with the last posts. I want a recent topic and post in one if you undestand someone what am i meaning:P
It will show only one time eatch topic and every time that you will refresh the page you will see the last post next of the name of topic.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: nightyyx on August 17, 2010, 07:44:58 PM
Hello
i just tested simple portal and i need some help.

1) it is nice the article system but i want something different.
I want to have a catalogue with news in the top of my portal and eatch member read it from portal. and then if they want to comment to another board of my forum.
I dont want to press the link of article from portal and going to a topic on my forum with the article.
Any ideas if it is easy to change it?

2)want to my portal forum to have at the right a block that will shows the last 10 active topics with the recent post of eatch of this.
Simple portal have a recent post block but the problem for me it is that shows in the list 5 times the same topic with the last posts. I want a recent topic and post in one if you undestand someone what am i meaning:P
It will show only one time eatch topic and every time that you will refresh the page you will see the last post next of the name of topic.

Their is a  "Block Requests" board on SimplePortal.net, you can ask for customized blocks their, they usually figure those out :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

nightyyx

nightyyx

Ehm i found something like that i want.
I just used board forum news block.I choosed only one board that i have my articles and they displayed as i want in portal on top.
But still a problem when i press read more and write comment the posts of users are not under my first post but up.
Like the screenshoot.
Anyone know if i can change this rotation?

the post with many sentences in the end is my "Article news". it should be first.

Angelina Belle

?action=profile;area=theme

Each user has a setting "Show most recent posts at the top. "
So each user has the choice in which order to view all the comments -- top to bottom, or bottom to top.

This is a feature of SMF, and SimplePortal does not alter this behavior.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Angelina Belle

@FlameChica
Quote from: flamechica on August 09, 2010, 02:56:43 AM
Everything seemed to be ok, except, I do not have a "Forum" button.
I can see from your index.template.php that there is some code for the Forum button.
That code only shows up if:
* Simple Portal is NOT disabled.
* Simple Portal is in mode 1 or 3 (frontpage or standalone)

Which settings are you using?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

SilvioTO

I use SMF 1.1.11 and going to install SimplePortal - 2.3.2 I receive this error in the pre-installation process:

11.     Esegui Modifica     ./Sources/Recent.php     Failed

All other steps are ok.
In attach my Recent.php file.

Thanks for your help.

Angelina Belle

This is because of some other mod that has already modified that file.

0) Save a copy of Recent.php in case you run into trouble later.

1) Have a look through the instructions for manual installation. Pay close attention to what will be required in the file that failed.  Can you find the spots that the installer couldn't

2) When you feel sure you can find all the right places, go ahead.  Do the install, even though it will fail on one file.

3) For that ONE FILE, use the manual installation instructions.  Check every place it needs to be changed for SimplePortal to work. Make sure that all of those instruction steps are done properly.

4) Now, things are about as good as they are going to get.  If all works, then you are in good shape.  If there is a conflict between SimplePortal and other mods, and you cannot figure out how to make things work, you can uninstall SimplePortal.  This will also fail for Recent.php.  But you saved a copy of the file, so you can do the uninstall, not worry about the failure on Recent.php, and use the before-SimplePortal version of Recent.php.

SilvioTO

Thanks, I'll do it following your detailed instructions.

nightyyx

I am using also simpleportal  but can  tell me how you put a photo a eatch of your news?

Also it is possible to to choose specific A topic from ONE board only?

And have my news in portal like this:
First new "mercedes" topic from board "cars" , Second new "pizza" topic from Restaurants board...
thanks

Using smf 2.0 RC3 and simple portal SimplePortal 2.3.2.
Also the best would be if i can do this.
To have the news page and if the user want to make comments to should redirect to another link thread on my forum.

frantic

need to sign up with a picture hosting site (its free) like image shack.  After you do that you have to copy the img tag link they give you from your uploaded picture and paste that link into your topic.    You'll see the img when you hit the prevew button. 

For articles, just pick the article you want from any board in the add article section in the simpleportal admin section.  check out the guide at
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?action=docs;area=setup_articles.

nightyyx

thanks alot
was so simple! shame to me ;D
I was just using the board news block for to uploading in main portal my "news". And in this block you can choose only whole boards witout topic selection.
So now i ll use the article block;)

nightyyx

But still have problem
My articles in the top of portal appears like in screenshoot.
I want to appear like the link that you showed me

My article settings is in the last screenshoot.

Advertisement: