SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodman854

I too am having an issue where when people post in the shout box it refresh's their entire page. Could any one please help me with this? Thanks.

Also is their a way I can make links just be normal again. So people can see the link and not have to click a box that says [LINK]

Thanks.

TheListener

Quote from: goodman854 on June 14, 2012, 11:46:09 PM

Also is their a way I can make links just be normal again. So people can see the link and not have to click a box that says [LINK]

Thanks.

Unfortunately there is no way out of this at present although their beta testers have mentioned this.

* Old Fossil is an SP beta tester.

Hakan™

Goodman854

Quote from: Old Fossil on June 15, 2012, 12:10:12 AM
Quote from: goodman854 on June 14, 2012, 11:46:09 PM

Thanks.

Unfortunately there is no way out of this at present although their beta testers have mentioned this.

* Old Fossil is an SP beta tester.
So what about the shout box issue? Is there anything that can fix that?

Angelina Belle

I have not run into this shoutbox refreshing issue myself, but I know that others have.  You are welcome to come over to simpleportal.net to discuss it.

That [LINK] in the shoutbox is a feature.  It was put there because links are usually too long for the shoutbox.
Getting rid of it would require some customization of the shoutbox.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Goodman854

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on June 15, 2012, 05:52:58 PM
That [LINK] in the shoutbox is a feature.  It was put there because links are usually too long for the shoutbox.
Getting rid of it would require some customization of the shoutbox.
It's also a security risk for users who don't look at the status bar when clicking links. The idea of unknown links in my opinion is a very stupid idea.
A trailing "..." would even have been better EX: "www.google.com/serarch=balah+dog+cat+the+la....." shown visibly with the entire link being w/e it is.

[SiNaN]

I have posted how to remove that feature here:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=10715.msg55104;topicseen#msg55104

And I'm sorry but I'll have to ask you to learn what you are talking about before labeling something as "stupid".
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Goodman854

Quote from: [SiNaN] on June 17, 2012, 01:54:07 PM
I have posted how to remove that feature here:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=10715.msg55104;topicseen#msg55104

And I'm sorry but I'll have to ask you to learn what you are talking about before labeling something as "stupid".
What? I know what I'm talking about not sure you meant by that. I'm just saying in my opinion it's a bad idea. I understand why you did it, I'm just saying I don't think it was the correct work around for that.

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything just stating my personal opinion.

Lolafish

I'll be upgrading to this soon.  How well do simple portal "Pages" get indexed by Google?  For example, when you create a new Page, it gives you the option to create a new title, but the page ID is already filled in.  Since it's the page ID that is in the URL, there aren't any keywords in the url to be picked up on by Google.  Can we customize that, or must we use what's already supplied? 

Example:

My links page is currently http://www.aquapuppies.com/aquapuppies/index.php/page,page721.html

My old links page, which I haven't deleted from the server yet because it indexes better in Google is http://www.aquapuppies.com/links.htm

I am really terrible at SEO and trying to make some changes since I have a lot of mistakes right now.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

AquaPuppies - A Goldfish Community
www.aquapuppies.com

Running SMF 2.0.2 & SimplePortal 2.3.5

Angelina Belle

You can customize the page id.  It can be something like ?page=The_Best_Page_About_SEO if you want it to be.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Lolafish

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on June 27, 2012, 10:03:03 PM
You can customize the page id.  It can be something like ?page=The_Best_Page_About_SEO if you want it to be.

That is awesome to hear. Thank you.

www.aquapuppies.com

Angelina Belle

Lolafish

www.aquapuppies.com

Angelina Belle

That's great.  I hope it is working well for you.

LOVELORD

Hello,

i looked but i cant find...

is there any way to add image for bbc code in chat?

NanoSector

Quote from: LOVELORD on July 12, 2012, 07:26:15 PM
Hello,

i looked but i cant find...

is there any way to add image for bbc code in chat?
You mean the shoutbox?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

HunterP

Question, I've just installed Simple Portal, but my forum is running on www.domain.com/forum and I'd like the portal to run on www.domain.com , is that possible?

HunterP

Uhura!

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Advertisement: