News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

I am not sure if this is a problem or what,but I cannot seem to allow guests to chat in the shoutbox.

They can see it,but they cannot use the shoutbox.

Is there a way to allow this?

Adrek

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Tiensg

Is there any audible alert for new message in the shoutbox? I can't find any. By the way, I am using SMF 2.0.2.

Blackburn

Gerçek mutluluk mal ve mülke sahip olmak ile değil,akıl ve erdeme sahip olmak ile mümkündür.
Slax Tr - Slax Türkiye Topluluğu adresinden usb ile bile çalışan işletim sisteminin Türkiye sitesine ulaşabilirsin.
Özgür yaşam,özgür insan.

TheListener

Quote from: Tiensg on August 19, 2012, 11:59:50 AM
Is there any audible alert for new message in the shoutbox? I can't find any. By the way, I am using SMF 2.0.2.

If you search on the simple portal forum then you should find the add on.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Tiensg on August 19, 2012, 11:59:50 AM

Here is the link: http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=10205.0
I updated the plugin last week.

There is also another one available on the SP forum (written by another user) if you opt not to use the one I linked.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

PLAYBOY

I uninstalled and re-installed the mod but now only i (Admin) can see the portal. Everybody else sees a blank page with forum header.
Can somebody help me please?

Angelina Belle

Blank pages.  That is very unusual.  Have you checked your settings -- are you in forum maintenance mode?  Are you in portal maintenance mode?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

PLAYBOY

Checked. Nothing is in maintenance mode. Somebody please help me about this!

Angelina Belle

Have you submitted the URL to the XHTML validator?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

PLAYBOY

This is what xhtml validator shows me

Error Line 21, Column 19: there is no attribute "property"

<meta property="og:type" content="article" />

✉

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.
    Warning Line 82, Column 23: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

if (((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey) || ((keyCode >= 97 && key...

✉

This message may appear in several cases:
        You tried to include the "<" character in your page: you should escape it as "&lt;"
        You used an unescaped ampersand "&": this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use "&amp;", which is always safe.
        Another possibility is that you forgot to close quotes in a previous tag.
    Warning Line 82, Column 24: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

if (((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey) || ((keyCode >= 97 && key...

✉

You tried to include the "<" character in your page: you should escape it as "&lt;"
        You used an unescaped ampersand "&": this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use "&amp;", which is always safe.
    Warning Line 82, Column 34: character "<" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

✉

Warning Line 82, Column 41: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...if (((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey) || ((keyCode >= 97 && keyC...

✉

Warning Line 82, Column 42: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...f (((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey) || ((keyCode >= 97 && keyCo...

✉

Warning Line 82, Column 74: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...eyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey) || ((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

✉

Warning Line 82, Column 75: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

...eyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey) || ((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))

✉

Warning Line 82, Column 85: character "<" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

✉

Warning Line 82, Column 93: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

✉

Warning Line 82, Column 94: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

✉

Error Line 91, Column 5: marked section end not in marked section declaration

// ]]></script>

✉
    Error Line 109, Column 86: document type does not allow element "div" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

...section"><span style="float: right; margin-top: 10px;"><div id="fb-root"></div>

✉

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").
    Error Line 110, Column 8: required attribute "type" not specified

<script>

✉

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and type="text/javascript" for <script>.
    Error Line 153, Column 104: document type does not allow element "div" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

...div id="siteslogan" class="floatright">My SLogan</d...

✉

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

Angelina Belle

The meta tag probably does not cause your problem.
However, the Warning Line 82 is very odd, and looks like you have some javascript which the browser will try to interpret as HTML

This is supported by the error on line 91, where it tells you that you are trying to close a script tag but never opened it.

Where is this javascript involving "shiftkey" coming from?

Finally, the error on line 153, in which you have a div some place where it is not allowed to be, indicates that you might have opened or closed something else improperly.  Please fix these HTML errors and see if matters improve.

PLAYBOY

QuoteWhere is this javascript involving "shiftkey" coming from?

I dont know what is it. I use adsense and google analytics. Those are the ones which i can think of as java right now.

QuoteFinally, the error on line 153, in which you have a div some place where it is not allowed to be, indicates that you might have opened or closed something else improperly.  Please fix these HTML errors and see if matters improve.
I dont know how to fix the html errors. I am not good at coding.

Angelina Belle

There are many ways to improve the situation.
And you can learn a lot about HTML in a short time.
What you are looking for is the beginning of that javascript section that is flagged starting in line 81, and try to figure out where, in the code, it comes from.  You can attempt uninstalling other mods to see if they are responsible for it.

If you had any difficulties installing or uninstalling any of your mods along the way -- that may be the problem.

Have you tried turning off SimplePortal?
Did the problem start after the un-install re-install of simple portal?

If you don't feel very comfortable looking through the HTML and the php files, you might find it quicker and more convenient to start with a fresh SMF install
1) Take a copy of ALL your SMF files
2) Backup your database
3) uninstall all of your mods.  Don't bother if there are some errors.  DO NOT "remove data" when you uninstall.  You'll want to keep it.
4) replace all your SMF files with fresh ones from the appropriate install set (you shouldn't need to do the "upgrade" step to the database because you are sticking to the same version of SMF)
5) install the mods you want, one at a time, checking for problems between each install.

This is is the kind of thing you can do when you run into intractable problems with any mods

Good Luck!

PLAYBOY

QuoteIf you had any difficulties installing or uninstalling any of your mods along the way -- that may be the problem.

I have more than 40 mods installed, also got custom theme with many manual edits, plus the forum is in another language. I have been using the same forum since the last 5-6 years. Keeping most things updated. Therefore any kinda clean re-installation of smf would be a very big pain for me.

QuoteHave you tried turning off SimplePortal?
Did the problem start after the un-install re-install of simple portal?

All i wanted was to uninstall the sp and update it. I have uninstalled the sp then installed the newer version but portal page was showing only one of the columns and there were issues so i re-installed it the old one again after uninstalling the new version. That is when the problems have started. Now i got the good old version but portal shows blank page within my template.

PLAYBOY

Isnt there a permission settings on who can see the portal who cant?
Because i can see the portal perfectly fine but others cant.

There must be a permission settings for portal somewhere. Because so far i have re-installed the mod and almost every file in my smf with the files which i had before the issue started.

Angelina Belle

I am not certain whether the update to simple portal made any changes to the database.  If this were the case, it would be difficult to go back to an older version.  But I am not certain if this would be an issue for you.

I am surprised to hear that simpleportal would show only one of the columns.
Sometimes, one column is collapsed.  This is a choice every user can make separately, using the little + or - icons near the top right of the simple portal area.  You can also turn off column collapsing in simple portal, to test if this is the case.

I do not know what other issues you might have had with version 2.3.5 of simple portal.  In general, 2.3.5, with version 2.0.2 of SMF, would work even better than 2.3.4.

It may take a bit of work to sort this all out.

PLAYBOY

I got it. I solved the problem finally. It was a permission issue.
Somehow all the blocks permissions were unchecked for all membergroups after re-installation. I have checked the permissions for all blocks again and VOILA!
Phew! that was pain!
Thx to everyone who helped.

Angelina Belle

I'm glad you figured that out.
That is a little mysterious.
That's the first time I have heard of block permissions getting changed during an install or un-install.

Advertisement: