SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangine

Thank you! That means a lot to me :) It is a commercial product, soon to be released to the production server.

Angelina Belle

I can see it is a WIP (there are some obvious "spots" that ought to be links, for example). But it looks like it has the potential to be a good
example of how Simple Portal +SMF can be used to create a fully-featured website.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

tMicky

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 18, 2012, 10:45:25 AM
Simple Portal should leave collations alone -- use the default collation for your tables, which should also be the collation used when SMF created your tables in the first place.  But these kinds of changes sometimes happen, anyway.
Thank you so much for helping, truly appreciated.

Angelina Belle

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

ProtoGT

http://gyazo.com/3eb257e531a5ee09c4324dfe9fe80e6f

^ How do I remove the space in between the text and header? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the CSS

bearstreet

Dont do drugs, coz if you get caught u will go to prison, and drugs are real expensive in prison
:P

Ask me Maths Questions

Angelina Belle

ProtoGT,
Please consider using Firefox's Firebug, IE's F12 developers tools, Safari's Web Inspector, or any other similar tool to look at the topslice.  It is there for CURVE-type themes to give radius corners to the box.

For your theme, you may wish to make custom changes in Portal.template.php, since you don't seem to use radius corners.

bukharifaran

I have installed Simple Portal 2.3.5 on my forum.

I wanted to count the top contributor in my forum on weekly basis. And this mod have an option to show a block of "Top Poster". But I don't find an option to reset the post count for each week. Is there any option to reset the post count only for Simple Portal, not for the main forum, so that I can select Top poster each week???

Or if resetting is not possible, is there any option to see the stats for a particular week? Like who are the top posters from Oct 15th to Oct 22nd?

Thanks.
My Forum: Mobile Fun | My Blog: Mobile Fun Blog

Shambles

It should reset according to the parameters configured within the "top poster" block itself, under the "Display" dropdown.

I have mine set to "This Week" and my stats reset every Sunday night at midnight. Ish.

bukharifaran

Right. And can I fix the time at which it should reset along with the "This Week" Setting? Or can I see a report of top posters of previous week?
My Forum: Mobile Fun | My Blog: Mobile Fun Blog

NanoSector

On a side note (sorry to interrupt support), good to see you on facebook :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

KensonPlays

I found out that SP installs with no errors on 2.1 Alpha :-)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

WantSome

Hello,  I have a user on my forum that is reporting a strange problem with the portal page and chrome browser.

The user says that when they sign into google chrome, the portal page seems to only load the top half of the page, and the browser tab seems to be loading for ages but nothing after the top half of the page loads, and the user is unable to click anything on the page.

This does not happen on any other browser, and when the user is NOT signed into chrome, the page loads alright.

When the user types in the forum page address (i.e. by-passing the portal page which is our landing page) the forum loads alright and they can browse as usual except the problem arises once more if they click the home/portal page.

The user has cleared cache and cookies, and even reinstalled chrome but the issue persists.

Any ideas as to what this might be?

Thanks!

Lou69

Lou69

Are there problems with the SimplePortal.net site? I have registered and requested my validation email several times, still no reply. Also emailed their Info email account and no response.

thanks,

Game.ruler

Hello, simpleportal is a great mod, i am using it from past 6 months.
But now i am using "mobile Device Detect" mod, in which we have to select 2 themes, 1 for mobile and 1 for pc.
I have selected core theme as mobile theme, and some other new installed theme as pc theme.
Now i want to disable portal for core theme only, means all blocks which i want to add like shoutbox, recent posts etc, only visible in pc theme not mobile theme.
Please help me to disable blocks in core theme.

Chen Zhen

Game.ruler,

To disable SimplePortal for any user using the core theme, perform the following edit:

File: Sources/Subs-Portal.php

find:

if (WIRELESS || ($standalone && (isset($_REQUEST['wap']) || isset($_REQUEST['wap2']) || isset($_REQUEST['imode']))) || !empty($settings['disable_sp']) || empty($modSettings['sp_portal_mode']) || ((!empty($modSettings['sp_maintenance']) || !empty($maintenance)) && !allowedTo('admin_forum')) || isset($_GET['debug']) || (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $context['user']['is_guest']))

replace with:

if (WIRELESS || ($standalone && (isset($_REQUEST['wap']) || isset($_REQUEST['wap2']) || isset($_REQUEST['imode']))) || !empty($settings['disable_sp']) || empty($modSettings['sp_portal_mode']) || ((!empty($modSettings['sp_maintenance']) || !empty($maintenance)) && !allowedTo('admin_forum')) || isset($_GET['debug']) || (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $context['user']['is_guest']) || $settings['name'] == 'Core Theme')

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

blunted

was wondering if there is a way to change the structure of the link feature in shout box, for some reason my link referral protection only works 1/2 the time so i hoped to hard code the call in.

thank you

SammehOsborn

How do I increase the height of a block?
I'm trying to get my slider to work properly but

hxxp:puu.sh/1pQf8 [nonactive]

I don't want the scroll option to be there, what should I do?

Chen Zhen

SammehOsborn,

For the block's body style enter desired height, width and/or any desired style attribute you wish.
overflow is what is used to disable the scroll bar.

ie.

height:250px;overflow:hidden;

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Advertisement: