News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teos55

You have to create blocks to be seen.  Start with the default ones, then you can create php or html blocks ..

LOVELORD

Quote from: teos55 on January 12, 2013, 09:40:11 AM
You have to create blocks to be seen.  Start with the default ones, then you can create php or html blocks ..

I have already running site... And I found now this problem and want to change. ANd i say how its look like. ALso you have already created blocks when you instalal SimplePortal

teos55

Last thing I can say, look at the block settings.  In block settings ,  "show block on" should be set to" portal" for your case.

LOVELORD

Quote from: teos55 on January 12, 2013, 09:56:54 AM
Last thing I can say, look at the block settings.  In block settings ,  "show block on" should be set to" portal" for your case.

I dont have problem with that... I have problem with register and login redirection... It redirect user on forum not on portal.

teos55

Lastd but not the least ...

Did you check  disable login redirection in general settings of simple portal ?

"If this box is unchecked, users will be redirected to the portal after they login or logout. If this box is checked, then users will be redirected to the BoardIndex."

LOVELORD

teos55

Anotherway of getting help is to submit a topic to simpleportal.net with the detailed version and installed mod info.

I've seen similar topics there with different versions of SP.

Mick.

This is my attempt to recreate the article main to look like pinterest.  I got the markup done. Now is to modify Simpleportal templates.

http://idesign360.com/community/index.php/page,page358.html

Angelina Belle

That is a different look.  Are you getting a lot of interest in it?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Mick.

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on February 11, 2013, 08:27:08 PM
That is a different look.  Are you getting a lot of interest in it?
Not really.   Lately seen plenty of wordpress sites with this style instead of the typical article layout.   I thought of making something similar for SP. Maybe as a plugin or...

Mick.

Here's a 2 column layout and 3 column layout in a 720px space.  My forum sits on a 1200px width with the side bar ar 400px;

Im liking the 2 column layout best for Simple portal.

Mick.

The markup is done. Im happy with it.  While looking at the PortalArticles.template.php im hoping to populate the markup tomorrow. Im hoping is going to be easy since its made out of tables.

Mick.

making progress with the PortalArticles.template.php

http://idesign360.com/dev/index.php

Now its time to apply the masonry style.

DAVID. D.A

Any way to have a promoted posts block with simple portal, like that of portamx?

DAVID. D.A

...Or is there a way to select specific topics for the board news?

Angelina Belle

There is a way to "promote posts"

That is to "add as article".  These articles will then appear on the portal page (if articles are enabled) or in any articles block.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Mick.

PokémonS

Is it possible to show avatar beside name & date in shoutbox?
きみと手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
ゼロからはじめよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう
みんな手をつなごう つらいときはもっと
力を合わせよう ほら ほら 手をつなごう

onedavester

I have a shoutbox in simple portal  as one of the blocks. I have it set to refresh every 30 seconds. When someone types a shout, it is repeated many times. This is not for all users but it happens a lot. If I type a shout and hit browser refresh, it reposts the shout too.

any suggestions for settings to fix this? I tried decreasing the refresh time to 5 seconds and 0 seconds with the same or similar results.

DAVID. D.A

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on February 13, 2013, 01:08:05 PM
There is a way to "promote posts"

That is to "add as article".  These articles will then appear on the portal page (if articles are enabled) or in any articles block.
Thanks. how do i set it so latest added articles show up on top first, and not below the last added article.

Advertisement: